• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

I won't be getting that $10 coin after all. Just had a phone call from HGM and the coin is not suitable for selling. Been told I'll get first dibs if another comes in but that could be a very long way off and probably forgotten about by then.

I won't be getting that $10 coin after all. Just had a phone call from HGM and the coin is not suitable for selling. Been told I'll get first dibs if another comes in but that could be a very long way off and probably forgotten about by then.

Did they say what the damage was? Could have been extracted from a piece of jewellery.

Pity that, I wouldn't hold your breath for the next one to come along.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

Did they say what the damage was? Could have been extracted from a piece of jewellery.

Pity that, I wouldn't hold your breath for the next one to come along.

They said there were some file marks.

Not planning on holding my breath. I've only seen them a few times this past year. Normally I wouldn't bother with a Liberty head but with spot being so low, I couldn't resist. Still waiting for the elusive Indian head to pop up. I don't recall ever seeing one at HGM and I'm disappointed I didn't have any funds available when Bairds had them in.

i have been looking for one of those indian heads at the right price for ages also. Was going on holiday at the time Bairds stocked them so did not purchase. With hindsight I should have seen if they would delay posting. Ordered the liberty head from them when I got home as they were still available.

Ordered the 1/10 Isle of Man angel from HGM today.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

i have been looking for one of those indian heads at the right price for ages also. Was going on holiday at the time Bairds stocked them so did not purchase. With hindsight I should have seen if they would delay posting. Ordered the liberty head from them when I got home as they were still available.

Ordered the 1/10 Isle of Man angel from HGM today.

the 1/10 angel coin that was for sale at under spot

priced ~£68?

HH

the 1/10 angel coin that was for sale at under spot

priced ~£68?

HH

Never even noticed that until now, looked at the total delivered price which was £75. Can't complain at that.

There was a 1/10 Kruger up also, did you notice how much that went for? I have a few already so passed on it.

Edited by Stu

A few of the new YPS 10oz Silver Skulls (serialized but no indication of limited mintage)

(p.s. shipping is a bitch though...($46 US to Canada for 50oz)

Cheers,

Luker

post-207-0-17960400-1440191025.jpgpost-207-0-13439900-1440191043.jpg ...

I will be storing a few of them for display using another recent purchase:

post-207-0-09678200-1440250742_thumb.jpgpost-207-0-87673400-1440250785_thumb.jpg

To which I will also add some of my 2 oz Privateer rounds {MCM Member GuY  photos}

post-207-0-88730300-1440251124.jpgpost-207-0-59076600-1440251136.jpg

...and if I had her we would definitely save room in the Booty Bank:

post-207-0-34655800-1440251378_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luker2

That's a great size, but shipping costs!!

That's a great size, but shipping costs!!

Yes and I lament the fact that despite the 35+ million souls here in Canada  there are no purveyors of poured silver. There are a few other businesses (namely Vulture Peak Mines) whose products I would  also like to have, but they don't ship outside of the US.

an iom sterling silver horse drawn tram coin  think mintage was 30,000 1976 although i bought summat without certificate  ah well if it isnt  genuine didnt cost too much £7.50 i  all in

mind you knowing my luck itll be a crown    nickel    ill try and test it somehow

although the guy states its silver but no coa hmmmmmmmm

just sent the guy asking him for verification of the words  "it is silver but no coa" 

im not going to pay for a nickel crown if its described as silver

Edited by craig12

an iom sterling silver horse drawn tram coin  think mintage was 30,000 1976 although i bought summat without certificate  ah well if it isnt  genuine didnt cost too much £7.50 i  all in

mind you knowing my luck itll be a crown    nickel    ill try and test it somehow

although the guy states its silver but no coa hmmmmmmmm

just sent the guy asking him for verification of the words  "it is silver but no coa" 

im not going to pay for a nickel crown if its described as silver

don't a sterling silver crown have ~£8 of silver at current

prices?

HH