• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

• Founder & Administrator

He means there were 9 in the series rather than 12 [emoji1]

Yea thats what I wrote just written in a different way.

They only minted 9 instead of 12? So then there are 3 missing because I know they produced all 12 of the 1oz.

My question is, is this true? As I am surprised if it is.

Edit: Seems to be true, 1/2oz BU 2009 ox and 1/2oz BU 2010 Tiger don't appear on the mintage sheet. http://www.perthmint.com.au//documents/The_Australian_Lunar_Silver_Bullion_Series_One_1999_-_2010_updated_221112.pdf strange that they didn't produce those years. Perth Mint do some strange things.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

LOL, Glad I'm not the only one. When I first started collecting PM's about a year ago, I'd bought a few Silver Jubilee Silver proof crowns. Luvvly Jubbly

Thought I knew what I was doing, until I thought I'd spotted a bargain, hadn't read the auction properly and paid £13 for a cupro-nickel version in a box

Ooooops. :rolleyes:

Looking on the bright side there are no certified coins in the 250 mintage. There is one Ms coin. Maybe I will have it certified..

Yea thats what I wrote just written in a different way.

They only minted 9 instead of 12? So then there are 3 missing because I know they produced all 12 of the 1oz.

My question is, is this true? As I am surprised if it is.

Edit: Seems to be true, 1/2oz BU 2009 ox and 1/2oz BU 2010 Tiger don't appear on the mintage sheet. http://www.perthmint.com.au//documents/The_Australian_Lunar_Silver_Bullion_Series_One_1999_-_2010_updated_221112.pdf strange that they didn't produce those years. Perth Mint do some strange things.

Neither does the mouse. So all three years when the S1 and S2 coins were duplicated didn't have 1/2oz S1 coins issued, So 9 it is then. Which surprises me because I'm sure I saw a mouse sold on ebay a couple of months ago...must be going senile!

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Late to the party Chris I know, yes there were only 9 S1 Bu 1/2 oz coins & 12 proofs.

Another one of Perth mints weird sets (which is obviously on going)  is the S2 1/2oz proofs which started in single form with the 2012 dragon ( all the other proofs 1oz & 2oz started in 2008) so you can't complete a set of 1/2 oz proofs without buying a 3 coin set grrr & yet they started the S2 Bu 1/2 ozers in 2008 with the mouse.

Why leave out the 1/2oz proofs, totally stupid IMHO

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Just wondered where are all early 1/2oz proofs S2. That explain all.

What about future value of them? Any possibility of Perth mint to restrike them at the end of series? Maybe .

Or just collect 3 coins sets,1oz proofs?

Look like Perth mint want as keep busy thinking about it))

• Founder & Administrator

RAM 1oz High Relief Saltwater Crocodile & Perth Mint 1oz High Relief Great White Shark

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

@lubi29 Who knows about value,the 1/2oz dragon proof is fairly pricey now.Re re minting the missing proof 1/2 ozers, somehow i don't think Perth mint will go down that route again,as they p--sed the buyers of the 3 coin sets off when they brought the 12 coin 2oz proof set out.But who really knows LOL.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Pobjoy Penny Black Proof .925

Metal Proof Sterling Silver

Diameter 38.60mm

Weight 28.28gms

Issue Limit 10,000

http://www.pobjoy.com/products/view/isle-of-man-2015-175th-anniversary-of-the-penny-black-stamp-proof-sterling

I noticed the excluding VAT price on there so I bought mine from eBay. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400903278371?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D400903278371%26_rdc%3D1

There are cupro nickel versions too so watch out.

The blackened 1/25th gold are sold out which I'd have like to have seen.

http://www.pobjoy.com/products/view/isle-of-man-2015-175th-anniversary-of-the-penny-black-stamp-proof-fine-999

If anybody goes for that other one on eBay note that's its free postage but you have the option to pay more for recorded or special. I think I paid the extra £4.50 for recorded. I'm not 100% on whether there will or not be import duty from the IOM.

Edited by HelpingHands

That's some sort of medallion isn't it? I think I've seen them on ebay.

The 1990 version of the new Pobjoy release is quite hard to find so I've heard.

Yeah, but it is .999 and an ounce in weight. I've got 4 different. Not sure if it was Pobjoy or Westminster mint that made them though. 

Well I could've saved myself a tenner if I wasn't so trigger happy but I think £60 is alright-ish.  2000 mintage on the 5oz would've interested me if it was a bit cheaper.

Let's see what the proof-master @motorbikez thinks.

The 5 oz gold would be nice :P

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Been having fun with filing in a few type gaps ... Just wanted to add my 2c worth....

63342bc89b46a45795465f6774231c60.jpg

75a2f21475f0ca347ccc2e5474940036.jpg

553daa3be7cfa913af36d65ef6ead11d.jpg

It grades as a F12 with a $30 value - paid $7 so quite pleased.

Another numismatic pickup. No gold or silver so stackers can tune out now )) nevertheless I will have it graded as it looks to be a great coin with beautiful toning.

154598a8eac9b0077278f96a34858997.jpg

dc05112510bd36f75343f9fbcf642784.jpg

It'd be great if it makes EF although I don't think it will. However, my experience grading copper/bronze coins is limited.

I a not an expert but it looked like a ms63 or so but it will be another learning experience to have it graded

Catalogue at Unc is 135 and ef is 40. I paid 57 so probably about right.

Edited by Guest