• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Just now, theman73 said:

It's like iPhone vs Android, iPhone users are like a cult and they feel superior just because they have an iPhone.

Not because they are but because they have an iPhone.

Yes and just like iPhones the silly girls and easily led men who expose themselves to social media actively discriminate against Android users. It would be funny if it wasn't a real thing. Look on social media or YouTube and you'll find thousands of videos of women saying they wouldn't date a man if he didn't have an iPhone!! Baaaaaaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaaaaaaa, baaaaaaaaaa, thank goodness I have an Android. Who am I kidding they wouldn't want me anyway 😂

I used to be an Apple user until one day they decided to charge me more for a repair than a brand new device! A device that was still in warranty that THEY bricked with battery software updates. Never again will I buy Apple

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

staying on topic:

A typical iPhone is estimated to house around 0.034g of gold, 0.34g of silver, 0.015g of palladium and less than one-thousandth of a gram of platinum. It also contains the less valuable but still significant aluminium (25g) and copper (around 15g)

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

2 minutes ago, theman73 said:

It's like iPhone vs Android, iPhone users are like a cult and they feel superior just because they have an iPhone.

Not because they are but because they have an iPhone.

I used to have a lot of silver but gradually sold it as I felt less comfortable having it at home. As I sold it I bought more and more gold and then opened a safe box. Most of my available fluid money is now in gold because practically it’s easier to store and also easier to move. I do not have an opinion on this issue because as long as people are buying into precious metals for either their coin collecting hobby or to make money/pension then it’s fine with me. If I had a large vault I would have monster boxes of silver because I think it makes sense. I don’t, and only have a safety deposit box that stored the raw and graded coins so space is a premium. If I have £2k to spent then I have room for more gold, and I would not be able to fit in kilo bars or tubes of silver. 

I do not feel superior to silver stackers. Quite the opposite. I am envious of their ability to find a safe space to store it all!!!

Just now, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

staying on topic:

A typical iPhone is estimated to house around 0.034g of gold, 0.34g of silver, 0.015g of palladium and less than one-thousandth of a gram of platinum. It also contains the less valuable but still significant aluminium (25g) and copper (around 15g)

Is that why they cost an arm and a leg HAHAHAA

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I used to have a lot of silver but gradually sold it as I felt less comfortable having it at home. As I sold it I bought more and more gold and then opened a safe box. Most of my available fluid money is now in gold because practically it’s easier to store and also easier to move. I do not have an opinion on this issue because as long as people are buying into precious metals for either their coin collecting hobby or to make money/pension then it’s fine with me. If I had a large vault I would have monster boxes of silver because I think it makes sense. I don’t, and only have a safety deposit box that stored the raw and graded coins so space is a premium. If I have £2k to spent then I have room for more gold, and I would not be able to fit in kilo bars or tubes of silver. 

I do not feel superior to silver stackers. Quite the opposite. I am envious of their ability to find a safe space to store it all!!!

I understand your plight sir - to stay as safe as one can in this world the answer is dogs and shotguns - for dogs you want really big ones with lots of teeth. For shotguns you want a really lenient jury.

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Will this have any direct correlation to UK prices on Tuesday?!

I doubt it, the Chinese obviously want Gold and Silver as they are willing to pay a premium to slowly bleed the West dry.

We are going to find out pretty soon if the West has been manipulating PM's.

37 minutes ago, timsk said:

We all have a gold to silver ratio we'd like to see - but what do you believe is a logical and realistic expectation - if not in the short term (i.e. this year - early 2025), then in the medium to long term (i.e. 2 - 5 years)?

I like to keep in-between 12 and 8 silver to 1 gold. Mostly for storage reasons. not sure how this relates to the ratio of either being mined out the ground or sourced through recycling processes.  

15 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

then opened a safe box

This 👆 You sleep so much better when you get a safe box.  They are as little as £120 a year for peace of mind (What's the saying? Loose lips sink ships!) Pain in the backside travelling to and from if not close to home though.

Edited by katyc

Hi Everyone, I have not been on here for ages but just thought I would drop in say hello.  Still stacking silver, never sold an ounce but recently bought gold sovereigns as well got 8 of them now.  Still waiting patiently for the moonshot 😜 happy to hold I mean the alternative is that horrible FIAT stuff right? 

Anyway keep stacking guys.  I still watch Backyard Bullion on youtube regularly and I like coin guy and  silver stacker etc. Don't post on the forum unless I have something to say.

Russell

7 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

As things stand, I have a little dachshund who had three teeth removed last year and sticks his tongue out when he sleeps (it’s true - broke one tooth on a plastic bone and the vet gave me a telling off about his dental hygiene and said he needed to have a few removed - the shame) and I don’t think they give shotgun licenses to people who live in flats in a city centre…nice thought though. 

There's always a way - what you need is a recording of wolves in the rut superimposed over the soundtrack of Apocalypse Now and as large a boom box as you can get your hands on . . . and very understanding neighbors of course.

34 minutes ago, katyc said:

This 👆 You sleep so much better when you get a safe box.  They are as little as £120 a year for peace of mind (What's the saying? Loose lips sink ships!) Pain in the backside travelling to and from if not close to home though.

49 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

do not feel superior to silver stackers. Quite the opposite. I am envious of their ability to find a safe space to store it all!!!

Creativity, guyz 'n' galz!

1. Ugly cardboard boxes in the shed or house's attic, written "Kitchen grandma", everything carefully sealed in plastic bags, under some dirty pots, pans and broken porcelain plates.

2. Old plastic buckets from paint can store a large quantity of silver in sealed bags, covered with old unused powder cement.

The possibilities are endless.

Personally I am paranoid enough to not trust a bank to hold my valuables. I'd prefer to rent a self storage space to keep there some old style furniture bought for peanuts from Ebay or charity shops and to keep my gold and silver hidden in furniture.

But everyone is different.🤗

Just now, stefffana said:

1. Ugly cardboard boxes in the shed or house's attic, written "Kitchen grandma", everything carefully sealed in plastic bags, under some dirty pots, pans and broken porcelain plates.

2. Old plastic buckets from paint can store a large quantity of silver in sealed bags, covered with old unused powder cement.

Personally I am paranoid enough to not trust a bank to hold my valuables. I'd prefer to rent a self storage space to keep there some old style furniture bought for peanuts from Ebay or charity shops and to keep my gold and silver hidden in furniture.

I've got your postcode..you might need to put a bigger padlock on that shed.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

I've got your postcode..you might need to put a bigger padlock on that shed.

You are welcome to come, mate! You'll find nothing.

You don't know my address from Romania and Luxembourg, so my stack is safe.

5 minutes ago, stefffana said:

You are welcome to come, mate! You'll find nothing.

You don't know my address from Romania and Luxembourg, so my stack is safe.

I'm pretty sure if I rock up in Romania and offer £100 for Stefan's address...I'll get it within a minute. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

As things stand, I have a little dachshund who had three teeth removed last year and sticks his tongue out when he sleeps (it’s true - broke one tooth on a plastic bone and the vet gave me a telling off about his dental hygiene and said he needed to have a few removed - the shame) and I don’t think they give shotgun licenses to people who live in flats in a city centre…nice thought though. 

IMG_5112.jpeg

😮🐶one very spoilt dog😮🐶🐶

31 minutes ago, stefffana said:

That sounds like a good idea until you come home and your partner says they’ve done a clear out of the old ‘cr*p’ in the shed on bin day. 😆