• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

A blow off top is surely inbound soon.  Surely?  :lol:

We'll see what this weekly candle brings tonight.  It's been quite a number of weekly rises in a row, and pretty soon there will have to be a pullback.  The covid run was about 9 weeks positive in a row if I remember correctly.  This current situation is nowhere near as tense as the covid world ending drama, so I can't see it continuing for much longer but who knows.  Maybe big money is getting scared of inflation and wants physical...

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Somebody (JPMorgan, COMEX and LBMA) is definitely messing with the silver price, so many large intra-day swings. The last time this happened on 19th April was identical to today - silver fell off a cliff then rebounded almost instantly and went above the previous daily high. Sure silver is volatile but this doesn't make sense. Will we close above £20.29 today?

chart1gbp.thumb.png.618127150c4cfbefc83375a5315a5a41.png

chart2gbp.thumb.png.8d7c26e481c567923be9bde2231a2497.png

chart3gbp.thumb.png.b0c44c8a5b8df49383c0f8ed4058bcc8.png

There are so many verticals on the silver chart and I'd love to understand where they're coming from. Same thing on 4th April. Once more on 28th March, 22nd March, 16th March, 13th March. It's like the banking cartels once or twice a week are purposefully suppressing the price of silver and then immediately afterwards the market rips their head off by buying the dips. We need a journalist to investigate exactly who is working at these firms during these mini crashes and booms. 

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Looking at a well known UK dealers website today, I see that the premiums on spot to buy are about 17% plus 20 % vat.  To sell to them, they are paying 5% on top of spot.  I don't recall ever seeing sell prices above spot in silver.  Perhaps I've missed that in the past, but I imagine there must be a bit of a shortage in the second hand market if they're prepared to pay above spot.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

On 04/04/2023 at 19:57, Paul said:

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen/ladies/none binary/misc/LGBQTWRTFVUKBFUGDHJGJGJFFJKNH, barter is the money of peasants – but debt is the money of slaves.

I've brought Norman Franz quote up to date to keep the woke folk happy 

Does that make digital the money of fools?

45 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I click on these videos expecting to hear hype, misinformation and somebody to try to sell me something. This video was a pleasant surprise:

Thanks @HonestMoneyGoldSilver. Once my other half finally stops playing COD I'm gonna pop this on the telly!

Received my box of Pokémon cards today, cost £100,  I’ve decided to time capsule this away with 4oz of silver Brits just to see which one performs the best over a period of time.  

Do you think I will get more return with the Pokémon box set with a base metal Pokémon card or the 4 oz of silver? 

Also I’ve just transferred one of my isa’s  now at 4% interest, so I’ll include £100 of cash at 4%  to see which one out of the 3 will see the best return. 

IMG_9008.jpeg

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

1 minute ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Received my box of Pokémon cards today, cost £100,  I’ve decided to time capsule this away with 4oz of silver Brits just to see which one performs the best over a period of time.  

Do you think I will get more return with the Pokémon box set with a base metal Pokémon card or the 4 oz of silver? 

IMG_9008.jpeg

When a box of Pokemon cards can end up costing more than a mansion, there's something wrong with the world 🤣

1 hour ago, CazLikesCoins said:

When a box of Pokemon cards can end up costing more than a mansion, there's something wrong with the world 🤣

Remember Lego has a better ROI than gold..... and probably Daves Dr Martins

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

9 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Also I’ve just transferred one of my isa’s  now at 4% interest, so I’ll include £100 of cash at 4%  to see which one out of the 3 will see the best return. 

IMG_9008.jpeg

Along with the stock market, crypto and classic cars, toys like Pokémon and Lego have done well in the era of massive QE since the 2008 financial crisis. I bought some Nintendo Amiibo toy figures for £140 five years ago and they have doubled in value in that time. However I think that going forward real things which are real world useful like commodities and PMs will do better over the next ten years.

Edited by EdwardTeach

8 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

BTW. Has the spot price banner vanished from anyone else's screen?  I can't see it on mine.

Gone up so fast it's flown right off the top of the screen. Mine's dangling from my dining room light fitting at the moment.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.