• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

3 minutes ago, treetop1280 said:

Not sure about that @Gruff , you digging for silver AC3DF3F6-9B81-4896-8797-CC6305A3AF56.jpeg.69f032f2a6c23d73cf87af3ce23baa31.jpegagain in South Africa ???? Where is your safety helmet , and high visibility vest ???? 

No mate, I'm looking for the mains power line (32 KVa) that was buried in the back garden.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

12 minutes ago, treetop1280 said:

Not sure about that @Gruff , you digging for silver AC3DF3F6-9B81-4896-8797-CC6305A3AF56.jpeg.69f032f2a6c23d73cf87af3ce23baa31.jpegagain in South Africa ???? Where is your safety helmet , and high visibility vest ???? 

Not to mention the distinct lack of safety boots

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

Live Silver Price UK in GBP per Ounce

Ag

Current Price

£23.72

Live Change

-0.06% £-0.01

Live high £23.74

Live low £23.72

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

6 hours ago, Gruff said:

100%, a trade is what will keep the planet moving, none of this BA or BS degrees that are so niche you can't find a job in our solar system, only on Planet Zog in the Andromeda Galaxy. 

When I was at school, the narrative was very much, trades are for the dumb people... 

Gas engineer, plumber apprenticeship then worked with the future father inlaw building and ended up pretty much doing all trades except sparks, but you try and get a kid that's just left school to listen let along learn anything.....they just don't have the skills to do so its all an inbuilt entitlement mentality. 

Only ones who want to do well are immigrants who will do 12hrs work in 8hrs.

10 minutes ago, wilky1 said:

Gas engineer, plumber apprenticeship then worked with the future father inlaw building and ended up pretty much doing all trades except sparks, but you try and get a kid that's just left school to listen let along learn anything.....they just don't have the skills to do so its all an inbuilt entitlement mentality. 

Only ones who want to do well are immigrants who will do 12hrs work in 8hrs.

I'm not sure many of us know what we want to do at 18

If all of their friends are going to university to drink, take drugs and fornicate study for 4 years with loans, overdrafts, credit cards and the bank of mum and dad, then they are going to do it too. We have been indoctrinated that if you don't go to university you are wasting your life. Back in the 70s about 5% of people went to university and they were in high demand for professional jobs when they graduated. Today it's closer to 67% who go to uni and nobody wants to give them a job when they graduate, especially not if they have degrees in David Beckham Studies or Queer Musicology (these are real UK degrees btw)

What they should do is take those loans, ditch the classes and go buy silver 😁

To keep us remotely on track, we're flirting with $30 right now (£23.75) which is no bueno. Let's hope we close the week above $30 to book that back-to-back. Losing $30 isn't the end of the world but if it starts to edge towards $29, it would give off serious bearish signals

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

Current Price

£23.92

Live Change

0.06% £+0.01

Live high £23.92

Live low £23.91

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Please don't hate me for this.    

Data sets from the BOE, please fact check this yourself.

The average interest rate for the last 50 years is an average of 9.1% 

silver at spot was around £1.80 per oz 50 years ago, so £100 would by circa 55oz silver excluding vat and other costs I'll exclude them to give silver the best possible outcome.

£100 in the bank with an average of 9.1% yearly return for 50 years returns £9,302.19 

£100 of silver 55oz in 1974 is worth £1,317.25p today.  

Lest give this rocket launch another 50 year to be fair to silver.  

100 years of £100 at 9.1 % is now £865,306.86 pounds 

so you need that 55oz of silver bought in 1974 to be worth £15,732.80 per oz by 2074   to just keep up with cash in the bank never mind to be a hedge against inflation that it clearly isn't.  

Please, please don't hate me for this, I'm not a silver hater  just a hater of total BS that some people come out with, don't take this for fact do your own homework but please remember FACT is FACT and opinion and feelings are just that.  

8 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I'm not a silver hater

You are

8 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Gold at spot was around £64.53 per oz 50 years ago, so £100 would by circa 1.54oz gold excluding vat and other costs I'll exclude them to give gold the best possible outcome.

£100 in the bank with an average of 9.1% yearly return for 50 years returns £9,302.19 

£100 of gold 1.54oz in 1974 is worth £2833.6p today.  

I corrected the above for you, feel free to calculate for the next 50 years

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

Just now, theman73 said:

You are

I corrected the above for you, feel free to calculate for the next 50 years

No mate I’m not, I’m all for a free and fair exchange of information I genuinely promote critical thinking, too many people are going along with the crowd repeating the same old mantra, “it’s a hedge against inflation” “it’s a great store of wealth”

I understand you have to take a defensive position as you sell the stuff to these people.

using FACT and math please can you demonstrate silver being a hedge against inflation over the last 50 years, this should be very easy for you to do working in the silver market. 

and just to FACT check you I’m not against silver just the utter BS bad financial advice people come out with.  

not trying to convince anyone, I want people to look, learn and most importantly think for themselves. 

32 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Please don't hate me for this.    

silver at spot was around £1.80 per oz 50 years ago, so £100 would by circa 55oz silver excluding vat and other costs I'll exclude them to give silver the best possible outcome.

£100 of silver 55oz in 1974 is worth £1,317.25p today.  

Lest give this rocket launch another 50 year to be fair to silver.  

100 years of £100 at 9.1 % is now £865,306.86 pounds 

so you need that 55oz of silver bought in 1974 to be worth £15,732.80 per oz by 2074   to just keep up with cash in the bank never mind to be a hedge against inflation that it clearly isn't.  

Please, please don't hate me for this, I'm not a silver hater  just a hater of total BS that some people come out with, don't take this for fact do your own homework but please remember FACT is FACT and opinion and feelings are just that.  

Who's getting 9.1% interest on their bank deposit? 😲

1 minute ago, m3rlin said:

by the time @GoldDiggerDave and @theman73 arrive to a consensus the guys from main street and wall street sold and bought paper contracts on gold, silver and other commodities worth billions at face value, and made them profit and losses worth millions.

and i think £100 with an yearly ROI of 9.1% for 50 years it's  £7,784.62 and not £9302. And i think this is what bank charged for loans and not paying you for saving.

image.png.82ce0feb67371a1b5c17d9ca1a459288.png

Thank god it’s got someone else looking at this. 

what did you come up with for £100 worth of silver bought 50 years ago? 

11 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

No mate I’m not, I’m all for a free and fair exchange of information I genuinely promote critical thinking, too many people are going along with the crowd repeating the same old mantra, “it’s a hedge against inflation” “it’s a great store of wealth”

I understand you have to take a defensive position as you sell the stuff to these people.

using FACT and math please can you demonstrate silver being a hedge against inflation over the last 50 years, this should be very easy for you to do working in the silver market. 

and just to FACT check you I’m not against silver just the utter BS bad financial advice people come out with.  

not trying to convince anyone, I want people to look, learn and most importantly think for themselves. 

I have never been to the gold thread saying that graded gold coins are almost worthless compared with normal bullion.

I'm not in a defensive position, after all, people decide what to do with their money and to be clear - Lego is a much better investment than any metals!!!

And, I never saw a silver pusher around but I saw some gold pushers, the biggest one didn't write anymore on the forum after I pointed that out.

I think the fact that people make a profit on silver hurt a little bit the ego of gold stackers, anyway, outside is sunny...

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

1 minute ago, theman73 said:

I have never been to the gold thread saying that graded gold coins are almost worthless compared with normal bullion.

I'm not in a defensive position, after all, people decide what to do with their money and to be clear - Lego is a much better investment than any metals!!!

And, I never saw a silver pusher around but I saw some gold pushers, the biggest one didn't write anymore on the forum after I pointed that out.

I think the fact that people make a profit on silver hurt a little bit the ego of gold stackers, anyway, outside is sunny...

You are absolutely right.

LEGO surpasses all PMs. Just check out 10194 - Emerald Night.