• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz Silver Forum Bars (2020) - Officially Released!

BackyardBullion
Message added by ChrisSilver

Update post:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAITING LIST UPDATE - 2nd May

Ladies and gentlemen I have never experienced such a large number of requests/messages and reservations for any of these projects.

Thank you, it is very humbling to see the energy and passion that people are showing to get these bars. 

Reminder for previous bar owners

For those of you that have a 2019 bar YOU ARE GUARANTEED first refusal at that bar in 2020 which means you are GUARANTEED a bar this year if you want it. 

We have been sending out messages and emails to people asking whether they want to take up their bars for 2020 and many people have been doing so but there have been some that have released their bars for all the new members out there. 

If you do not want to take up your bar please let me know ASAP so that we can allocate it as available which helps with the following....

The waiting list is growing hard and fast!

For all you new members and would be new owners it is becoming clear to me that there could well not be enough bars to go around and fulfil everybody's quantity requirements. 

At the time of writing this post we have requests for over 120 bars across 60+ new people. This is unprecedented and awesome, but it does leave me with questions about how to make sure we fairly distribute out any available bars in due course. 

So, the waiting list will continue to grow - if you want to put your name down please comment on this thread or private message me. 

The fairest way forward - a waiting list lottery

There is no one way to make everybody happy but this is the fairest way I can think of. We have customers all around the world in a multitude of time zones and I feel that putting up a thread to bid for ranking on the waiting list would be unfair to some members advantageous for others.

It is also a right pain to manage from my end. 

So what I envisage is, when the time comes we will have all members who are on the waiting list to be placed in a randomised order of preference. This will form the list for me to work down in getting bars allocated to new people. 

I know this will end with some people being disappointed but it is completely fair and the best way forward in my opinion. 

We may have to restrict the number of bars you can get

To make this even fairer and to allow as many people to get at least some of these bars we might have to restrict the number of bars you can purchase if you are on the waiting list. 

I will confirm this in more detail when a clearer picture arises of the number of bars available. 

Specific serial numbers for waiting lists

I get that people might want a specific serial number or not bother with the purchase. Unfortunately this is so hard to manage in a fair way that we will be asking for a commitment to purchase before we devise yet another fair way to allocate out remaining serial numbers. We will be able to publish ahead of time what numbers are available and the method by which we can allocate or have members compete within a thread for their desired numbers before this purchase decision can be made - but again we will not be able to make everyone happy whatever we decide. 

The waiting list continues to grow

So, please keep getting in touch and I will add your name to the waiting list. No payment is needed at this time as we cannot guarantee anything. 

I anticipate at least 2-3 weeks before we can start the allocation process.

Thank you once again

So, once again a huge thank you to all your support - it is amazing to see and be a part of!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

56 minutes ago, DanielIrwin1987 said:

Hi byb I would like 1 bar please, if at all possible number 57 if not possible then a number of your choice, many thanks 

Daniel

Somebody likes baked beans 

I would like 2 bars. #25 and #72 if they are not claimed and if there is enough. I understand the number of requests is high and last year orders get seniority. If there is no #25 or #72, I will take randoms. If there is not enough bars, thanks for the opportunity!

Off to the waiting list I go!

Hi ByB 🖐

Newcomer here to your 1oz bars, and I'd love to receive one please! 

Serial number not an issue, put me on the "waiting list" or however you are prioritizing,  and I hope I'm successful in application!

All the best 👍

PS:   If at all possible,  put me down for two bars please, if it is not possible, then I'm happy with one.

I’d also love to buy one at least. Preferably number 094 or a random number that suits you (069 would be great too 😄). 

I’ve been watching your videos for ages but never actually got round to buying from you. 
Thanks a bunch 🙂

@BackyardBullion I had previously requested to be on the waiting list for 3 random bars. Please change that to one bar, you can put the other two toward meeting the increased demand. I would prefer more members get a chance to own one of your pieces of art. (If by chance you end up having surplus, I would of course still be interested in 3.)

Thanks!

UPDATE - 6th May

The waiting list continues to grow!

More people are adding to the waiting list, thank you so much for all of the support!

We will be looking to get things moving around the week commencing 18th May

because....

Existing members that have not got in touch

Now, originally I had said that we would hold these bars for a long time to give members the flexibility in these uncertain times. 

This works perfectly (and is indeed very helpful to some members) - but only if those members get in touch to confirm whether they intend to take up their bars or not!

We cannot hold bars over indefinitely with no indication or contact from their previous owners. 

Reminder emails & messages

I have sent a second wave of messages and reminders out to those members and individuals that have not replied at all. 

Please let us know one way or the other as it really helps us plan!

Deadline for getting in touch

As I said, there is no rush for payment - but an indication of whether you would like to take up your bars is needed at very least. 

So, we will only be able to hold bars for those who have got in touch and confirmed their intentions BEFORE the end of the day 15th May 2020.

IF YOU DO NOT CONFIRM YOUR INTENTIONS BEFORE THIS DATE YOUR BAR WILL BE ALLOCATED TO SOMEONE NEW!

Waiting list

We have 75 people on the waiting list asking for a total of 135 bars. At this time the best case scenario is that there will be 80 bars available (assuming nobody else takes up their existing bars). 

So, we will have to restrict the number of bars to accommodate as best as possible - maybe even to 1 per person so that everybody can get one. 

More updates on this to follow in the next few weeks. 

Thank you for your patience and for your continued support!

Backyard Bullion

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Archived