• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

1 oz Silver Forum Bars (2020) - Officially Released!

BackyardBullion
Message added by ChrisSilver

Update post:

Hello everyone. @ChrisSIlver and I are very happy to announce the official release of the 2020 1 oz Silver Forum Bars!

There is a lot of information to disseminate so please bear with me, some of this might be relevant to different people. I have broken this post up into different sections for ease of reading. 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here on this thread or via PM. 

First, some lovely pictures of the 2020 1 oz forum bars!

1132061113_1oz2020(3).thumb.jpg.d2c8a1d0cc58eaadbd0e8b178b575821.jpg

362989211_1oz2020(4).thumb.jpg.22618d9310ffb75ed2dbe0b2c95fb937.jpg

823352423_1oz2020(1).thumb.jpg.56b92d1720042dd00565da5071eefde0.jpg

IMG_20200501_165604.thumb.jpg.aa90bc0b1e79c2363a1c549740f8e6a2.jpg

Changes for 2020 

2020 does not see any major changes for the 1 oz Silver Forum Bars other than we were using a new mould to pour the bars into. This mould tried to replicate the original mould exactly, but when you put them side by side these new 2020 1 oz bars have an ever so slightly flatter profile. It is hardly noticeable but worth mentioning!

We think these are by far and away the best iterations of the 1 oz forum bars to date and I am very honoured and privileged to continue to work with @ChrisSilver, The Silver Forum and ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL MEMBERS out there!

Thank you, you all make this possible!

There are a lot of different aspects to tell you about so I have split this post up into various sections, hopefully this will cover most of your questions but if there is something I have not covered then please feel free to get in touch or comment on this thread. 

What are The Silver Forum Bars all about?

The Silver Forum Bars (in all their sizes) have been created as a way to draw the silver forum community together but also as a fundraising and brand awareness raising exercise. Proceeds from the sales of these bars help keep the forum running in the way we have become accustomed to. Silver Premium, Gold Premium and Platinum Premium memberships go a long way to helping the running of the forum and to help keep the membership prices as low as practical, The Silver Forum Bars we make help a lot too. 

These bars are all hand poured, stamped and finished by myself meaning each and every bar is unique in some way. The weights will vary bar to bar (although none less than 1 ozt) and the cooling patterns of the silver will also be unique and different for each one. 

You can see a full photo database of each and every bar on my website here: https://backyardbullion.com/1-oz-silver-forum-bars-2020/

The allure of hand poured silver is growing stronger year by year and these bars are a brilliant way to start collecting hand poured silver and at the same time supporting the forum and the Backyard Bullion brand too. 

These bars are ready to be shipped NOW!!!

In previous years we have done a pre-release reservation period. Due to the exceptional circumstances of 2020 that has not happened. 

The bars are all finished and can be dispatched as early as next week!

Hallmarking

As with all of my Hand Poured Silver products these bars have been Assay Tested and Hallmarked by the Edinburgh Assay Office. 

Hallmarking is a very good addition to any poured silver. It is your guarantee that these bars are indeed 999 fine silver and made by me in 2020.

Mintage

The mintage for 2020 will be:

200 bars

This is unchanged from previous years (2017, 2018 & 2019)

Serial Number reservations & previous bar ownership

Questions regarding serial numbers are the most commonly asked questions I get. 

The rule of thumb has been and always will be if you own the previous years serial number you have first right of refusal for taking up the bar in 2020. 

For new members or people without a 2019 bar this might seem like you have no chance of getting one - there will always be people who do not/cannot take up their 2020 bars and as such there is always a batch of bars available for new members. 

Traditionally we have had time limits and deadlines to pay for your bars to guarantee the same serial number. Due to the current climate we do not want to put any financial pressures on anyone to pay now to secure their bar. 

As such, members with existing serial numbers please let me know if you are keen to take up your serial number again and when you anticipate being able to pay. 

If you know you do not want to take up your bar then please let me know as soon as possible so we can open this up to new and other members to buy. 

For new members or members without a previous years bar please get in touch and we can add you to the waiting list and when bars are confirmed as available we can get in touch. 

To join the waiting list all you need to do is comment on this thread or drop me a PM. 

Prices are set as follows

Standard or Non member price - £27 per bar

Silver Premium member price - £25 per bar

Gold & Platinum member price - £23 per bar

UK Postage & Packaging: +£3 via Royal Mail Signed for delivery for just one bar

FREE POSTAGE: if you buy more than one bar 

International postage: +£10 tracked, +£5 untracked. For international customers we can offer £3 off shipping for each additional bar purchased above 1 (so 3 bars will cost you £4 tracked or free untracked, 4 bars will be £1 tracked or free untracked - 5 bars or more, free tracked. 

Forum membership and pricing 

As you can see there are some very good savings to be had for upgrading your membership - so take a look at all of the benefits that are available for Premium Members today!

A few notes on pricing

These bars are not cheap bullion. They are not sold as investment products but as collectables.

These bars are hand poured, hand stamped and polished by me. They take a lot of time and energy and equipment to create. These are premium hand poured silver products, not cheap bullion. They are a way to support the Backyard Bullion business, my brand and most importantly, The Silver Forum. As I said earlier, proceeds from the sale of these bars go towards the upkeep and running costs of this forum. This helps keep membership prices as low as possible for premium and gold premium members and ensures that standard members can still use this forum for free. 

Standard members - The difference in price is as a way for you to support the forum in a one off style payment rather than signing up for membership. But also please feel free to upgrade your membership to take advantage of the discounts available. 

The price also incorporates the Hallmarking costs, this includes postage of these bars to and from Edinburgh and the application of the hallmark.

Payment Information

We can accept payment via PayPal, Banks Transfer or Credit/Debit card (Phone call will be required to complete the transaction)

If you would like to order a bar please PM or reply to this thread and we can link up with payment information. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can i be put down for my usual numbers please.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Bar 12 if possible please😁👍 if 12 is take I'd like 77 if that's taken 69 or if that's taken 20 and if that's taken 8👍😁😉 looks like 12 has gone☹️

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

2 minutes ago, zhoutonged said:

its like your third choice dude 😘

My first has gone ☹️ but I'll change it for you👍

@Troy77

@zhoutonged

And anyone else reading.

For those that don't have a 2019 serial number you will be placed on a waiting list 

When the time comes we will be giving those people on the waiting list a fair shot at specific serial numbers at a predetermined time and date.

Let's remember, they are just serial numbers and we shouldn't get too invested in specific ones!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

@Troy77

@zhoutonged

And anyone else reading.

For those that don't have a 2019 serial number you will be placed on a waiting list 

When the time comes we will be giving those people on the waiting list a fair shot at specific serial numbers at a predetermined time and date.

Let's remember, they are just serial numbers and we shouldn't get too invested in specific ones!

They all look nice👍

Archived