• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Spot Price Prediction Thread For Jan 2021

InvestInCoins888

Simples... What’s your prediction for the spot price of gold come Jan 2021?

Im a betting man and I’d happily lay a crisp ten pound note that 2020 is going to be a record breaking year for gold.

My prediction for Jan 2021 is £1499 an Oz, although I do feel it will hit higher over this year, I believe it will continue its upward trend. This is where the rich of the world stash their cash in times of uncertainty. Let’s face it, not many people want to watch their savings devalue in a bank account right now.

Whats your prediction and why? 

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Just now, daca said:

1750 €/oz if  we return to "normal" and will be able to work in max 2 months

2500 €/oz if the Covid-19 crisis persist

I’m loving both those predictions!!!

Many thanks, Elliot

Check out my ebay store, buy direct and get at least 10% discount. https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/investincoins888

Hard to predict cos people will sell as they need money to live on and the mines wont be open due to cv worries, so a glut of sales with a reduction in new gold mixed with manipulation by governments to avoid hyperinflation....id say gold will be $2100 which might be £1800 to £2000 depending on exchange rates by then, whoever comes out better will have the higher rate ... this is based on the imf not deciding to wipe out much of countries debts to reduce the appearances if not the actual debt...a new baseline....as for silver, id say drop to a 90-1 ratio so not too far from the true value of it now but as a base price of £20-£25 oz.

For the UK it depends on Covid still having a significant impact and if they decide to go for a no deal brexit. If that is the case with the resulting collapse in the £ almost anything is possible. If not then it will likely tail off the current highs as things settle down but this is currently very uncertain how and when it will play out.

This leaves me with a Flog it style estimate of £1000 to £2000.

We will see $1500 gold again during 2020 (retest of support), end the year somewhere around $1600 and then enter a downtrend range of $1600 - $1450 (spikes below $1500) for a few years.

The scenario for $1900+ gold then retrace to $1900 then higher again. I just can't see it. Is there a bullish target in between here and $1900? I can't see it. Gold has done too much too quickly without support of key indicators and is expensive relative to too much. 

Its only a few months to find out either way ;) 

• 9 months later...

477544588765333356666 Vietnamese DONG!

Or as actress said to the bishop its load of big old Dong!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Archived