• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts White Horse of Hanover

FoolzGold

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The series feels like it's limping to the finish line

It's a shame because it started off so strong

Don't get me wrong the design is fine, good even, just dull compared to earlier ones

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

1 hour ago, Kman said:

Don't get me wrong the design is fine, good even, just dull compared to earlier ones

They frontloaded the series with the most interesting beasts. They should have saved the Red Dragon of Wales or Unicorn of Scotland for the end.

8 minutes ago, AgCoyote said:

They frontloaded the series with the most interesting beasts. They should have saved the Red Dragon of Wales or Unicorn of Scotland for the end.

Yep I was thinking that, holding back the dragon would have been a good shout

The Griffin is a nice design too but there wont be much hype behind it since everyone is already so familiar 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

2 hours ago, Kman said:

I've mentioned it before but I think the series has been dragged out too long. It's now in its fifth year and the beasts have been slowly rationed out. I lost interest in the last couple of years but that might be because my own PM collection has been evolving during this time.

The new engraver series (commencing with Una and the Lion) should allow collectors and flippers time to save up for future releases but I don't see any necessity for the beasts to take this long as they've been regular price coins.

2 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

I've mentioned it before but I think the series has been dragged out too long. It's now in its fifth year and the beasts have been slowly rationed out. I lost interest in the last couple of years but that might be because my own PM collection has been evolving during this time.

I planned on getting the silver proof 1oz as a collection but I only got as far as the dragon, couldn't bring myself to buy the bull and the rest haven't interested me either 

3 minutes ago, Kman said:

I planned on getting the silver proof 1oz as a collection but I only got as far as the dragon, couldn't bring myself to buy the bull and the rest haven't interested me either 

I also tried to stop when I saw the prancing bull. A fierce charging bull would have been better. But then my daughter bought it for my birthday so I feel like I have to keep it now. I still hate that particular design though!

If I could only have 3, it would be the Lion, Dragon and Unicorn - since they are the the Beasts of England, Wales and Scotland respectively.  Of the other designs, I agree about the Griffin.  The others are OK, but these 3 or 4 are the most important IMO.

I will definitely finish the series though!

7 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

white_horse_of_hanover_silver_coin-min.thumb.jpg.070d19a6ceb7d05ef27a358fb815d595.jpg

George the First was the first Hanoverian to rule Britain in 1714. His German lineage, Haus Hannover, grew as an offshoot of the House of Brunswick-Lüneburg in the Duchy of Brunswick - an area since lost with Germany's declaration as a republic in 1918.

The White Horse is depicted rearing up over George I's Royal Coat of Arms. This is to show it is a Kentish horse, rather than the galloping German horse of Hanover. The emblem beneath is split into four, with a quarter referencing each of Britain (England & Scotland), France, Ireland, and Hanover (Brunswick, Lüneburg, and Hannover).

25 minutes ago, AgCoyote said:

I wonder if the Royal Mint will consider doing a second round of the Queen's Beasts series. 

oh no please don't ever suggest this to them. we will be doing well if they can complete this set without making a major ****-up. I hate to think what a second series would look like.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, FoolzGold said:

First image I've found of the Queen's Beasts White Horse of Hanover. Looks pretty good to me - fairly generic horse, and bit too much empty background, but not bad overall.

white_horse_of_hanover_silver_coin-min.thumb.jpg.070d19a6ceb7d05ef27a358fb815d595.jpg

Looks like somebody has either hammered a nail through the coin or drilled through it.

I agree with

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Looks very very similar to the unicorn but with no horn....

It's basically the unicorn of scotland coin, with the unicorn mirrored to face the other way, and castrated - had what makes a unicorn a unicorn removed.  Off the top of my head - I'm sorry, I've just had far far too crappy a day today to be bothered to check I really just want this day to end, but it even looks like the shield in front of the castrated unicorn might be identical to the shield on the unicorn of scotland coin.

They need to change out the designer he has soo much to do and gets all the contracts. Philip Nathan should come back and finish this series off before they get soo boring Nathan was the designer behind the Britannia coins his original designs are being copied even now for this many years. I do like the chain mail in the background it does show a skill but the whole centrepiece needs to really stand alone and keep peeking our interest. And before any second series is on the cards something seriously has to change before I put my hand in my pocket, this said I’m going to complete this series  

Archived