• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen's Beasts White Horse of Hanover

FoolzGold

7 minutes ago, JosephM said:

I have gave up on the 1/4 proofs. Trying to collect that and the 1oz bullion was just far too much for me. :(

Same here. I'm only doing the 1/4 bullion...and I don't even have all of them (started late). It's very expensive to keep on track with all the releases and sizes, you have to have a considerable income to play that game.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/02/2020 at 10:02, FoolzGold said:

First image I've found of the Queen's Beasts White Horse of Hanover. Looks pretty good to me - fairly generic horse, and bit too much empty background, but not bad overall.

white_horse_of_hanover_silver_coin-min.thumb.jpg.070d19a6ceb7d05ef27a358fb815d595.jpg

This stock image we have doesn't show that odd black spot.  Perhaps this is an early artists proof that got out into circulation by mistake..

1 oz.jpg

Art in Coins

5050 Rue de Sorel Suite 110  Montreal QC H4P 1G5  Canada

Email:  sales@artincoins.com      Website: artincoins.com       Phone / Whatsapp: 15149707170 

Get the free Art in Coins Mobile App       Android     Apple 

2 minutes ago, artincoins said:

This stock image we have doesn't show that odd black spot.  Perhaps this is an early artists concept that got out into circulation by mistake..

1 oz.jpg

Oh wait....  I'm only carrying the proof versions, this other image originally posted must be the BU edition as the proof only has that solid mirrored background.  Sorry, I posted the wrong coin in reply earlier.

Art in Coins

Email:  sales@artincoins.com      Website: artincoins.com       Phone / Whatsapp: 15149707170 

I got my silver proof coin from the Royal Mint today :) It looks pretty good in hand, the shield's pattern is very detailed and intricate. Impressive.

This Queen's Beast silver proof looks much better quality than the recent George III £5 coin...which actually disappointed me. 

4 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I got my silver proof coin from the Royal Mint today :) It looks pretty good in hand, the shield's pattern is very detailed and intricate. Impressive.

This Queen's Beast silver proof looks much better quality than the recent George III £5 coin...which actually disappointed me. 

Good to hear some positive feedback on these.   We should be receiving our order of the 1 & 5 ounce proofs in the next week or two.

Art in Coins

Was very pleased with my 1/4oz proof lovely design and no faults under the loupe . These sold out so fast probably due to the horse being so popular. Did anyone get charged £9 for postage ?? whats happening at the Royal Mint with all these postage charges suddenly being thrown at us ??

12 minutes ago, Midasfrog said:

Was very pleased with my 1/4oz proof lovely design and no faults under the loupe . These sold out so fast probably due to the horse being so popular. Did anyone get charged £9 for postage ?? whats happening at the Royal Mint with all these postage charges suddenly being thrown at us ??

I googled and got a discount code to use, that got rid of the postage charge :)

@AuricGoldfinger

11 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I still intend to complete the series - only 1 left after this so why not! Hope the next series is better wonder what it will be

Or two left if you are collecting the proofs,which in the case of proofs are the Griffin of Edward & The White Greyhound of Richmond.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I’ll have to wait to make a decision if I like the white horse, I’ve a couple ordered on presale. I’ve come this far with the sets, I’m not giving up now.

If I don’t like them I’ll drown my sorrows in white horse whisky.

On 25/02/2020 at 20:59, JosephM said:

I have gave up on the 1/4 proofs. Trying to collect that and the 1oz bullion was just far too much for me. :(

I think one issue with a slow release of 10 proof beasts and 10 bullion designs over 5 years is that a lot of us tend to change our collecting/stacking strategy over time. Some (like me) perhaps drift away from the series whereas others start picking them up later on. 

Hats off to those of you that complete your set. I don't suppose the Mint will issue a Prince Andrew coin though.

3 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@goldmember44  People have a thing about horses I would say that's the reason its sold out fast.

Definitely. And I wonder if German collectors have rushed to buy this one...as the Horse of Hanover is a distinctly German heraldic emblem...Hanover being in northern Germany, and through King George I connects the current royal family with Germany. 

30 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

I actually think the QB series is a relatively quick one compared to others. For many collecting the gold 1ozers, a 6 month break is needed

Lol apart from the QB series being a fabulous set to collect & one of the most interesting from any mint IMHO, it is a quick one to complete.

I'm not particularly patient & this set is great for me. Most of my earlier collections have been ones I've back dated & while most were found within a year some individual coins needed to complete sets took me up to 2 years to hunt down.

Do people think the Queen's beasts coins will remain iconic after the series has finished, and remain sought-after collectors' items, or will they disappear from memory? I kinda wish the former, it would be great if new generations of collectors would try to collect them all, and have to source them on the secondary market, where we will be able to help them out...at a price of course ;)

3 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

Do people think the Queen's beasts coins will remain iconic after the series has finished, and remain sought-after collectors' items, or will they disappear from memory? I kinda wish the former, it would be great if new generations of collectors would try to collect them all, and have to source them on the secondary market, where we will be able to help them out...at a price of course ;)

Put it this way my Queen's beast's collection are some of the last coins I'll ever liquidate.

@goldmember44 @AurumArgenti  Personally I think they will stand the test of time, I won't be selling any of mine except perhaps the odd duplicate I have. I'm looking forward to completing my 1oz silver proofs both raw & PF70 & the chunky MS69/70 2oz coins.

Archived