• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2020 Una and the Lion

1 hour ago, verrachi said:

It's £12,375  😲 for the 2 oz gold coin now!! On LPM

image.thumb.png.64bb2207230d08a325b33cb16a62282a.png 

yup it sure is 

£8k buying direct from their web site, double the list price of £4

tried to add more than one to basket on London Coin Company and only shows as x1 in stock - looks like they 'may' have sold one  ??

image.thumb.png.157acdeec9e3fef1ae3f57e6929e268b.pngbut sill shows as x2 available on FleaBay @  £11,596

image.thumb.png.3b03a8812ec9b791e2db54a039ef73e1.png

to coin a crypto-phrase I'm HODL'ing  :) 

I'd guess the gold will be a big winner in the end, especially if the series as a whole takes off - which if they choose the right designs should be a certainty

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

@Kman - I agree this series can be a HUGE winner but only if they don’t dilute its uniqueness by releasing additional editions of the same design.

Just watching the RM video makes it feel so special, even though I don’t have these coins. It almost lends an air of superiority to the RM that their range is so elevated especially for such an iconic design. It all feels very aspirational.

I said this further up in this chain... the Royal Mint needs to realize that it is okay for a series to be truly limited. In fact keeping it strictly limited can actually work in the RM’s favour because it can differentiate it from other mints which have already minted this design in the 1000s.

7 hours ago, Kman said:

I'd guess the gold will be a big winner in the end, especially if the series as a whole takes off - which if they choose the right designs should be a certainty

This is why I didn’t buy this coin.   The fact that it’s part of a series.    A one off £4K is doable but if it ends up with 3/4/5 coins that’s a different matter.    Think the coin will be a winner but will probably take time to sell also some big areas on the coin that could potentially haze 

Why relieved? Did you buy one and were hoping for it to sell out too? If so, I agree. I waited and waited and hummed and harred, and eventually cracked and bought one. I've had a lot of outgoings recently and so this was a big ticket item for me, so I won't be selling it anytime soon. This is going in the safe holding box and will be on sale about the same time as my sovereigns...when I am trying to raise money for a stair lift!!!!!!!!!

It's true re the pumping out. I noticed today that many of the coins on sale at the Royal Mint 'Cyber Monday' sales were ones that I was convinced would sell out. I used to buy the coins as they were released, but stopped after the Hawkings coins because it was becoming a joke. I sold all my silver proofs off and just about got my money back. I was only convinced by the Una coin because of how nice it looked and because it is a 2oz'er. 

55 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

I'm relieved Andrew because the RM has been pumping different coins out like there's no tomorrow. 

I have no plans to sell the silver I bought but I do look at most purchases from a collector's/investors prospective.

So much as you might enjoy a coin you don't want it to be a flop?

Have you seen what they are going for on eBay already? Several on sale already, ranging from £295 to £500 and everything in-between. :) There are two auctions going as well, I'll be interested to see where they end...

7 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I see Harrington and Byrne have acquired 150 Una and the Lion coins, which they are selling at £249 each. Smart move of them.

Have they only gone up since a confirmed sell out? I suspect a few gold will appear once the 14 day return period expires. 

18 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

I see Harrington and Byrne have acquired 150 Una and the Lion coins, which they are selling at £249 each. Smart move of them.

They will easily spend that c.10k profit within a few weeks on posh paper and postage for the junk mailings..........

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

They will easily spend that c.10k profit within a few weeks on posh paper and postage for the junk mailings..........

If I was them, I would sell only about half of their stock, and keep the rest for later years, since this coin will likely become quite sought after in years to come.

This does of course (probably??) explain why the offering was at 85% for so long and then all of a sudden moved to 95% and sold out. Makes sense to move in an offer a bulk order of remaining stock...if that is what happened? It's good because otherwise the RM may have offered them as part of Cyber Monday...

5 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

This does of course (probably??) explain why the offering was at 85% for so long and then all of a sudden moved to 95% and sold out. Makes sense to move in an offer a bulk order of remaining stock...if that is what happened? It's good because otherwise the RM may have offered them as part of Cyber Monday...

I suspect they had them all along but were waiting for a sell out at the mint before releasing them. Same as LCC did for the gold. 

5 hours ago, AurumArgenti said:

I'm kind of relived to see the silver has now sold out. The coin connection has increased the price too. Now £200

It's been sold out for few days, it said 95% on the main page then sold out on the actual product page

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

22 hours ago, Paul said:

yup it sure i£8k buying direct from their web site, double the list price of £4

tried to add more than one to basket on London Coin Company and only shows as x1 in stock - looks like they 'may' have sold one  ??

but sill shows as x2 available on FleaBay @  £11,596

image.thumb.png.3b03a8812ec9b791e2db54a039ef73e1.png

to coin a crypto-phrase I'm HODL'ing  :)

This one looks to have actually sold on eBay for $14,999.95!  However there are still 2 available....makes me wonder if this was a bona fide sale.  Perhaps they were able to secure another, and someone actually paid their price, or perhaps it's all just marketing.

They've since raised the price to $17,999.95.

1223568459_ScreenShot2019-12-02at9_11_25AM.thumb.png.3777cf5b254a4488d48df5ffdc6e1a2d.png

Edited by Lr103

52 minutes ago, Ceaiu said:

Anyone wants to guess the next one in the series? :D

Gothic Crown perhaps? 

I hope so, I wonder how many engravers they're going to do + how many designs they might pick for each

"As we launch The Great Engravers, a new collection celebrating the past masters of their craft,"

Wyon did the Gothic Crown as well as Una so hopefully they aren't just doing one design for each engraver 😨