• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

9 hours ago, Roy said:

Three years ago, 'covid' entered our lives and I wasn't too bothered, i'd been through other scares and had the same attitude as you...bring it on!

The trouble was, the virus wasn't the problem, I had no bother fighting that, the problem was the government and their reaction to it.

A thread was dedicated to it by @augur and later revived by  @sixgun

'Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) information; no need to be panicked by the virus – but be by your police state! (Part 2)'

Would you consider the crash, or the government's response to the crash, the real issue here?

😊

Who knows what the future will bring. My aim is to be positioned with the necessary tools, knowledge and skills to be able to be flexible and adaptable to whatever situation may get thrown at me. Assuming there isn't a nuclear holocaust which I would have no control over so don’t worry about, the worst case scenario would be a total economic collapse and multi-year long depression.

If today, right now the internet stopped working, the shops never got any deliveries again, the electricity went off and the water supply stopped working I am in a position to be able deal with any or all of these situations and could do so on a permanent basis for many years if necessary. Not just to survive but to thrive. I’m not going to just hide in a cave and exist. If there’s a crash followed by a long depression I want to be able to live a good standard of life with an abundance of everything I need and be in a position to help the people around me and teach them how to do the same for themselves to if necessary. Getting prepared required buying a few new tools and taking some time to acquire some new knowledge and skills but it’s straightforward enough to do if you put your mind to it and are willing to work. Also I’m lucky enough to have access to some land in the countryside which is a big bonus too.

Financially speaking I’m also fairly well positioned to weather a crash without losing what I already have. Then on the other side of a crash after the prices of real assets drop I have some gold (not enough!) to buy them at a far more favourable ratio to what we can at the moment. So hopefully I would also in a good position to be able to actually profit very handsomely from a crash and depression. As for the government reaction. Well lets just say I’m not counting on getting any help from them any time soon. Nah, we’re probably going to be on our own and if anything the government are more likely get in the way and be a hindrance.

Hopefully there won’t be a crash or depression and we can all continue living our cosy easy lives as we are. But if the worst happens, or anything in between, I’m ready for that too.

Edited by EdwardTeach

9 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

As for the government reaction. Well lets just say I’m not counting on getting any help from them any time soon.

If anything, the government will probably do what it always does.

It'll negate its own role in causing all of this chaos and absolve itself of any responsibility to solve it using its own means.

It'll 'acquire' the wealth of the thoughtful and most resourceful citizens who have tried to plan for their own futures. It'll then use their wealth to settle the debt burdens, the politicians will take a cut for themselves and then claim all the credit for being a benevolent and helpful government.

18 minutes ago, SidS said:

It'll 'acquire' the wealth of the thoughtful and most resourceful citizens who have tried to plan for their own futures. It'll then use their wealth to settle the debt burdens, the politicians will take a cut for themselves and then claim all the credit for being a benevolent and helpful government.

This is frustrating to read (because it is SO true). Jizzy ©️#nt and Ratty Sundick in todays budget will gleefully say "we told you we would get inflation down" when really it's reduced to (still terrible) level naturally - purely because people are skint.

And don't get me started on if the snowflake left take power (they probably will at next election). It would come crashing down even faster. Both sides (left and right) are trash and designed purely to make us believe we have a side to be on (distracting each side to dislike each other) so that we think there actually democracy - but really we are being controlled and manipulated.

Edited by katyc

1 hour ago, katyc said:

This is frustrating to read (because it is SO true). Jizzy ©️#nt and Ratty Sundick in todays budget will gleefully say "we told you we would get inflation down" when really it's reduced to (still terrible) level naturally - purely because people are skint.

10.1% according to the BoE website, which as we all know is complete bollocks in real terms for those experiencing it firsthand, and calculated from the CPI using a bunch of soft reference entities, many of which I fail to understand why they're included at all and suspect they are included to serve the purpose of making the whole look good.  Education..??  Health..??  WTF have they got to do with inflation...?  Or am I missing something..?

Anyway, apols for the off-topic rant.  Back to £1572 now...Yay..😁

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.04.17.png

Edited by flyingveepixie