• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, katyc said:

So, not been here for 15 hours. This thread has gone from page 820 to 838. No chance of catching up!

And, for a change, I'm not to blame for a large percentage of the comments!

Well, gold went up £50 and everyone was excited and now it’s back down and everyone’s depressed. 

Just now, ZRPMs said:

Wait, What happened. Where did the chance of £2000 disappear to 

It rolled over to next week

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

Just now, Upsidedown said:

It rolled over to next week

Not impossible, probably quite likely.

Personally I'd like to see a few months consolidation in the £1900-£1920 zone.

2 minutes ago, Go65 said:

My plan worked!

I’m glad I didn’t say THAT here!

The weekly chart isn't bearish at all.  And any sort of rise back to say 1920 or so would make the daily and hourly look terribly bullish again.  This is the long awaited spike and drop, we just have to see where it reverts before deciding whether it's a buy sell or neutral outlook..  As I said to Roy about 50 pages ago now (in reality just 16 hours ago :lol:),  Wait.  See where the vibrations settle and then make a call.

The shorts got their bottoms spanked and washed out to sea.  That's always what happens in a crazy explosion like this.  Even the longs will have got all sorts of positions triggered in and out by mistake.  Gonna be a few days to settle and choose a direction, and the rest of the market is still sloshing around too.  I might sell a little this weekend and take some off the table.  Who knows.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

7 minutes ago, katyc said:

So, not been here for 15 hours. This thread has gone from page 820 to 838. No chance of catching up!

And, for a change, I'm not to blame for a large percentage of the comments!

You almost said rubbish  :lol:

Under £1900 now. I reckon the market manipulators makers will keep it there into the close

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Under £1900 now. I reckon the market manipulators makers will keep it there into the close

London trading desk is already closed its us doing now.  

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

10 minutes ago, silversky said:

The weekly chart isn't bearish at all.  And any sort of rise back to say 1920 or so would make the daily and hourly look terribly bullish again.  This is the long awaited spike and drop, we just have to see where it reverts before deciding whether it's a buy sell or neutral outlook..  As I said to Roy about 50 pages ago now (in reality just 16 hours ago :lol:),  Wait.  See where the vibrations settle and then make a call.

The shorts got their bottoms spanked and washed out to sea.  That's always what happens in a crazy explosion like this.  Even the longs will have got all sorts of positions triggered in and out by mistake.  Gonna be a few days to settle and choose a direction, and the rest of the market is still sloshing around too.  I might sell a little this weekend and take some off the table.  Who knows.

Excellent explanation and much appreciated . Just can’t show it 🙁. This emotion limit for silver members is really boring.

If I could I would. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️😀😀😀😀😀❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

London trading desk is already closed its us doing now.  

image.png.1c741aaed55beffbb41f2c20f9afc50a.png

100% Bully and they will slam it into the dirt, pick it up and slam it down harder again. 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

4 minutes ago, James32 said:

Put the caviar down...today is a soup day!!

Back to the beans poor old bully...

giphy(10).gif.da79d45149ba4095df403c51661328f9.gif

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

If we look at the underlying USD chart, the candle produced is not too dissimilar to the one in December when the massive spike and dump occurred during illiquid Sunday night trading.

That December spike occurred at the end of an 8 week move upwards, and it heralded a little fall before range trading sideways for three months.  It then broke out from the inverse dollar relationship 6 weeks ago, rising relentlessly before making this big spike in the last 24 hrs.  The question is whether this is it? Or whether it will drop back towards 2300 area and enter another range trade type of pattern?  Is there any likelihood of further strong declines in precious metals? Or is the downside reasonably protected by past inflation?  I can't see it but I didn't see this spike either, or is there is any fuel left from whoever the secret source is that's bidding up gold like this?  This isn't Central Bank buying, unless one has declared war on the others or something outlandish....

There is talk of big hidden OTC trades exceeding the size of China's Central Bank, but that all sounds a little bit crazy to me.  Then again what else explains the rise when actual sales aren't enormous?  It's not exactly transparent.  I suspect a period of reflection a bit like after December is what's coming for a bit.

image.thumb.png.3cf4ab8e0dc2bf16733294fa5e5dce18.png