• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss the price action of silver in £ GBP instead please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/368-silver-monitoring-thread-£-gbp-only/

31 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Who told you that, the Fed?

here we go again.

people who are incapable of properly reading charts providing completely baseless claims.

it's not that difficult. if the dollar index goes under 90 then the dollar is seeing some trouble.

if it's in the middle like it is now then nothing seems to be happening yet.

On the flip side the dollar is looking good with all its moving averages back in line, above its 200dma

do you actually understand what the above statement means?

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

3 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

here we go again.

people who are incapable of properly reading charts providing completely baseless claims.

it's not that difficult. if the dollar index goes under 90 then the dollar is seeing some trouble.

if it's in the middle like it is now then nothing seems to be happening yet.

People like Michael Burry are wrong? Are you trying to attempt to infer there is no inflation because a gangster chart says so?

16 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

People like Michael Burry are wrong? Are you trying to attempt to infer there is no inflation because a gangster chart says so?

a strong dollar does not mean there is no inflation.

inflation is linked to the strength of the dollar.

the strength of the dollar is not linked to inflation.

similar to how a murderer is a criminal, but a criminal is not a murderer.

a question might produce an answer but an answer does not determine the question.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

We've changed pattern. It was a wedge but we broke through the trend and I think we're now in a downward chute. Family offices/wealth funds will sell but the HODLers will HODL, coin collectors will collect. 

I guess this is the moment we find out if the conspiracy theory #silverqueeze #wallstreetsilver boys had a point or not. 

I just hope people managed their risk properly, we could have broken out to the up our down that was always a possibility.

Personally I was a big buyer at what we now know was a top. But I'm still able to say it was the right choice, I stuck to my strategy which was built up conscientiously. 

Screenshot_20210920-204736.png

52 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Who told you that, the Fed?

Rehashing the same old tired conversations, this is a silver monitoring thread

But no I dont think the world revolves around the Fed, it revolves around the repomarket and eurodollars

It revolves staggering debt needing to be repaid in dollars, global trade in dollars, great demand for: dollars

Also great demand for US debt, US treasuries as collateral to unlock liquidity aka dollars

The system is set up to need dollars so how can they ever be worthless, just a total lack of understanding about how it works

You believe the Fed PR that theyre all powerful, not me. 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

37 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

do you actually understand what the above statement means?

It means the momentum is positive 

Especially when the 50/100/200 are under in correct alignment

Do you need any more help? 

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

8 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

inflation is linked to the strength of the dollar.

the strength of the dollar is not linked to inflation.

similar to how a murderer is a criminal, but a criminal is not a murderer.

a question might produce an answer but an answer does not determine the question.

You seem to be under the impression that I fail to understand the mechanics of central banking and monetary policy.

The Fed dollar has little to no strength due to the artifical measurements the Fed applies to it. Their own CPI numbers exclude basic needs such as food and energy - two of the most basic fundamental resources for a human.

The Fed says CPI is 5.9% so far. Yes, they are correct in the sense that it excludes consumer basic needs. However, the real stats show its around 32% on the PCE (personal consumption expenditure). Add that to the artificial stats, its clearly, at least 35%.

These are figures being exposed by Michael Burry on Twitter. The Fed is actively lying to Americans and suppressing the Silver and Gold price by pricing in CPI and other artifical measurments to present to the financial markets that the strength of the Fed dollar is strong, when it clearly isnt.

4 minutes ago, Kman said:

Rehashing the same old tired conversations, this is a silver monitoring thread

But no I dont think the world revolves around the Fed, it revolves around the repomarket and eurodollars

It revolves staggering debt needing to be repaid in dollars, global trade in dollars, great demand for: dollars

Also great demand for US debt, US treasuries as collateral to unlock liquidity aka dollars

The system is set up to need dollars so how can they ever be worthless, just a total lack of understanding about how it works

You believe the Fed PR that theyre all powerful, not me. 

Its nothing to do with the Repo market and Euro dollars. 
The Fed is a issuer of currency, not a user of currency. You might not believe that but I can tell you thats the truth. To sit there, insinuate, infer and make out the Fed isnt powerful when they issue a Fed dollar to the Public and extend it globally is testament to delusion.

24 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

What

Monetary inflation means general price inflation because of an oversupply of currency

If your currency is strong that represents demand and so there cant be too much of it.. and you can import for less so general prices arent going to rise are they

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

You seem to be under the impression that I fail to understand the mechanics of central banking and monetary policy.

you don't understand charts.

but you like to provide baseless claims that they are wrong.

because you have some strange idea that a middle trading dollar chart implies there is no inflation.

HH

7 minutes ago, Kman said:

What

Monetary inflation means general price inflation because of an oversupply of currency

If your currency is strong that represents demand and so there cant be too much of it.. and you can import for less so general prices arent going to rise are they

a strong economy can produce both a stronger dollar and inflation.

(the (correct)printing of currency must provide the ample liquidity for circulation.)

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

1 minute ago, HawkHybrid said:

you don't understand charts.

but you like to provide baseless claims that they are wrong.

because you have some strange idea that a middle trading dollar chart implies there is no inflation.

Considering I trade its laughable reading such nonsense, but your full of flagrant p*sh and accusations that could never stand up to reality.

If am wrong, Silver and Gold are the right price in accordance to the Dollar supply, right? Me, @sixgun, @HerefordBullyun and others are wrong and our analysis are all wrong? the CPI is correct? We must be all dreaming?

By the way, not that you have the ability to understand this but your existance on this forum infers your wrong because you hold metals as an act of protection against credit/inflation.

Away and annoy someone else, gone. 

2 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Considering I trade its laughable reading such nonsense, but your full of flagrant p*sh and accusations that could never stand up to reality.

If am wrong, Silver and Gold are the right price in accordance to the Dollar supply, right?

ever heard of the statement

'the market can be irrational for longer than you can be solvent?'

the whole point of trading is that prices are constantly moving and that they are likely not always right.

didn't wonger also claim that he was a trader?

@Minimalistas a trader what does the following mean?

On the flip side the dollar is looking good with all its moving averages back in line, above its 200dma

HH

20 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

others are wrong and our analysis are all wrong? the CPI is correct? We must be all dreaming?

To what extent do you think rising prices could be due to supply/demand issue rather than a currency issue?

Inflation you would think is too much currency chasing too few good/services

But if theres too few goods/services because of a supply issue (lockdowns) then it should be transitory (assuming supply returns) because it has nothing to do with the currency supply

You can look at lumber which really shot up to ridiculous levels but has cooled off a lot now 

Edited by Kman

1 minute ago, HawkHybrid said:

ever heard of the statement

'the market can be irrational for longer than you can be solvent?'

the whole point of trading is that prices are constantly moving and that they are likely not always right.

Knew you wouldnt address the truth (money supply) and instead resort to philosophical strawmans.

4 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

didn't wonger also claim that he was a trader?

@Minimalistas a trader what does the following mean?

Apparently he was, I was privately informed he was legitimately trading on some sort of Asian desk. Who knows. Whats for certain though, he reminds me of you in some ways.

200dma?

200 daily moving average, which is usually used by institutional investors.

Whats next? what is a head and shoulders pattern?

Your full of flagrant ignorance. 

6 minutes ago, Kman said:

To what extent do you think rising prices could be due to supply/demand issue rather than a currency issue?

Inflation you would think is too currency chasing too few good/services

But if theres too few goods/services because of a supply issue (lockdowns) then it should be transitory (assuming supply returns) because it has nothing to do with the currency supply

You can look at lumber which really shot up to ridiculous levels but has cooled off a lot now 

supply and demand issues are more relevant to accessing real resources which is indicated in the real economy. Not charts and Fed numbers.

Its not transitory though because the stats are hidden, as I and Michael Burry have pointed out, even the Fed have admitted this in there Dallas Fed reports (seriously, read it up).

What on earth are you on about? The Fed debts China to produce goods and services for them. If supply issues occur in the East, the West is the most vulnerable because the West hardly produces as it issues currency. (Fed, BoE and ECB).

Of course it did, the main driver of that was because of logistics, not cutting the trees down.

200dma?

200 daily moving average, which is usually used by institutional investors.

Whats next? what is a head and shoulders pattern?

Your full of flagrant ignorance. 

either dodging the question or ignorant of the implication.

holding above the 200dma means that the dollar is not currently weak.

(which is what kman stated).

1 hour ago, Minimalist said:

because a gangster chart says so?

trading in prices and organised prices produce charts.

why do you bother with trading? you obviously don't believe in charts.

HH

55 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

The Fed says CPI is 5.9% so far. Yes, they are correct in the sense that it excludes consumer basic needs. However, the real stats show its around 32% on the PCE (personal consumption expenditure). Add that to the artificial stats, its clearly, at least 35%.

These are figures being exposed by Michael Burry on Twitter. The Fed is actively lying to Americans and suppressing the Silver and Gold price by pricing in CPI and other artifical measurments to present to the financial markets that the strength of the Fed dollar is strong, when it clearly isnt.

Where did he expose this?  Did you mis-read a highlight from WSJ about the make up of the PCE number? 

7 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

either dodging the question or ignorant of the implication.

Ohhh thats your game, youre being wilfully ignorant or dont understand context

For context, getting positive momentum at 93 looks strong, which I shouldnt need to mention for you to understand

But yes if the 200 came under at 73 highlighted yes that wouldnt be so strong

dxyhh.jpg

Edited by Kman

28 minutes ago, Kman said:

Inflation you would think is too much currency chasing too few good/services

Also oil went up ~70% since last summer, doesnt look like repeating that.  Feeds into so much manufacturing, industry, produce prices, when increases don't repeat, that inflationary pressure subsides. 

1 minute ago, Kman said:

Ohhh thats your game, youre being wilfully ignorant or dont understand context

dxyhh.jpg

I know what I'm expecting the dollar to do.

I'm just referencing the minimal amount of data to make my point.

(every time supplying historic data with @Minimalist results in name calling just as soon as he can't stand

not being able to dis-prove historic data)

HH

7 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

The chart shows this due to the pricing of the artificial data and measurements. Not that you have ability to grasp that prerequisite.

7 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

trading in prices and organised prices produce charts.

why do you bother with trading? you obviously don't believe in charts.

You really have a problem with this idea in not believing in charts, the whole system. Tell you what, since you clearly believe in it, lets take a bet on ETNs (exchange traded notes) - any ETN of your choice - you go long, I go short. £10,000 bet that I come out on top. I will even get a lawyer involved.

7 hours ago, Martlet said:

Where did he expose this?  Did you mis-read a highlight from WSJ about the make up of the PCE number? 

Really, mis-read? PCE allows the substitution OUT of items that rise “too much” in price. I beg you to insinuate there is little to no inflation out there.

8 hours ago, Martlet said:

Also oil went up ~70% since last summer, doesnt look like repeating that.  Feeds into so much manufacturing, industry, produce prices, when increases don't repeat, that inflationary pressure subsides. 

It comes down to Saudi Arabia - Saudi Aramco. They set the price because they have the largest available production capacity (12.5m bpd).

31 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Really, mis-read? PCE allows the substitution OUT of items that rise “too much” in price. I beg you to insinuate there is little to no inflation out there.

I simply asked where Burry made the revelation. I follow the twitter account and there was no such claim.  There was something about the PCE number cutting the top 31% of expenditure, from a WSJ article.  The account has been nuked again so we'll never know, unless you provide some source to the claim of 32% inflation?