• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss the price action of silver in £ GBP instead please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/368-silver-monitoring-thread-£-gbp-only/

3 hours ago, vand said:

I once again advise caution here..

Silver is current stretched as far above its 200dma (about 64%)  as it was at previous short term peaks during its early 2000s climb:

Pullback is surely imminent. 

spacer.png

Everything has to take a breath but it comes back quickly, frightened money runs for the door and greedy money runs in.the house is on fire but is it rocking and rolling or rocking ready to collapse....as long as you have physical it doesnt really matter.

3 minutes ago, vand said:

Have we seen a short term top? Silver now down a full $2 from its overnight highs as the USD finds some buyers.

Even more, its high was $29.86 i believe, now $27.50....if imwas into etf id say now is time to buy,  6% drop is a good buy in...wouldnt waste time buying physical, the premiums are not down 6%....youd need $32 to get your money back.

Edited by DarkChameleon

2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Even more, its high was $29.86 i believe, now $27.50....if imwas into etf id say now is time to buy,  6% drop is a good buy in...wouldnt waste time buying physical, the premiums are not down 6%....youd need $32 to get your money back.

6% is nothing.. I think it will correct more like 25-30%. 

We had an 8% pullback from last nights highs, I'm using any opportunity like this to top up my SLV

I think we will consolidate and push up through into $30+, maybe then we will get a larger pullback, anywhere in the lower 20s I will put in a large buy

I do feel like gold wants to get to $2100+ and silver $30+ before any big pullbacks but my short term predictions aren't panning out well so far lol 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

6 minutes ago, Kman said:

We had an 8% pullback from last nights highs, I'm using any opportunity like this to top up my SLV

I think we will consolidate and push up through into $30+, maybe then we will get a larger pullback, anywhere in the lower 20s I will put in a large buy

I do feel like gold wants to get to $2100+ and silver $30+ before any big pullbacks but my short term predictions aren't panning out well so far lol 

Itook a jump at $27.50....either way im out by close of minus 30 mins.

1 hour ago, Oldun said:

Unwise to buy when the price is over the bollinger band but silver still in an upward trend so possibly still in a correction mode within an uoward trend.

Currently hoping that's the case, we'll eventually see.

Caution is still highly advised.

Relative silver hit +65% overnight last Thursday. This was the most extreme reading since the 1987 spike, surpassing even the 2011 peak.  It has only surpassed this level on 2 occassions - 1980 and 1983.

A correction is overdue and it could be bloody enough to shock many new silverbugs who have recently been conditioned to expect that prices only ever go up.

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/relative-silver/

Edited by vand

31 minutes ago, vand said:

Caution is still highly advised.

Relative silver hit +65% overnight last Thursday. This was the most extreme reading since the 1987 spike, surpassing even the 2011 peak.  It has only surpassed this level on 2 occassions - 1980 and 1983.

A correction is overdue and it could be bloody enough to shock many new silverbugs who have recently been conditioned to expect that prices only ever go up.

https://www.sunshineprofits.com/gold-silver/dictionary/relative-silver/

I can hear the cries of manipulation now.

1 hour ago, KDave said:

I can hear the cries of manipulation now.

Some robin hood investors have gone FOMO on the price also a correction is inevitable however short term pain for long term gain!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

It's  been interesting today that despite acting as opposites since July silver and the dollar have been falling together

We shall see what comes of it

I'm hoping for ~$24 

Will be disappointing if $27 holds up

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

3 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

I just hope premiums will also come down with the spot if we get a correction... otherwise dealers may make it tough for us to pick up more on a dip. My hunch is they will all use the "out of stock" trick until prices are skyrocketing again. 

It's amazing.  Since the spot price started spiking my inbox is flooded with emails from the dealers letting me know that everything I requested is "Back in Stock".  I'm sure they did get some from sellers, but a majority was probably held back until prices increased.  I also doubt premiums will come down much either.

8 minutes ago, GWL3 said:

It's amazing.  Since the spot price started spiking my inbox is flooded with emails from the dealers letting me know that everything I requested is "Back in Stock".  I'm sure they did get some from sellers, but a majority was probably held back until prices increased.  I also doubt premiums will come down much either.

Same here...

26 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

They flood us with offers to sell to us when things arw about to go down which happened then when they flood us with offers for buy from us just before the market takes off.

Exactly.  That's why I may hold off for a little while unless I receive a flash deal that is to good to pass.  The price went up too much, too fast.  I have a feeling (I hope) that we may be in for a little pull back soon, before another run.  I just worry that the dealers will  use their "out of stock" trick.  I may have to rely on Ebay or a LCS if spot prices do drop enough

18 minutes ago, GWL3 said:

Exactly.  That's why I may hold off for a little while unless I receive a flash deal that is to good to pass.  The price went up too much, too fast.  I have a feeling (I hope) that we may be in for a little pull back soon, before another run.  I just worry that the dealers will  use their "out of stock" trick.  I may have to rely on Ebay or a LCS if spot prices do drop enough

I rely on lcs for all things stackable and only deals or collectables with fleabay..right now i have a 5% bucks offer on fleabay.

Yeah im watching JMB and ready to buy some silver probably 5 maybe 10 rounds but I dont want to even say what my price point will be in fear I will jinx myself.... :D

So far the lowest Generic is $29.79 per single round. With Paypal/CC.

Edited by Aknot