• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss the price action of silver in £ GBP instead please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/368-silver-monitoring-thread-£-gbp-only/

Wow.  Down below $25 right now.  I feel bad for those who bid over $42 for generic buffalo rounds on Ebay with $3.95 shipping!!  Ouch!  By the time they get their rounds they could be more that $20 under water.

I know k-man originally thought the pull-back would be around that $22-23 range.

We will soon find out!

I was looking to offload some of mine at £22.50 which was hit but more at the spike, should of sold some at £22.

I'm a buyer if I have the funds soon at $25 and $22-23 range mind you.

10 minutes ago, Witcher said:

I don't want to be a FOMO....  but I think I just threw my DCA out of wack this week. 
I took a gamble...  on some proof coins.  
I figure... not looking at ASE or even generic at these prices so... why not some big dogs?  
It's odd that those kind of coins aren't heavily influenced by the spot as one would think.

I'm not too familiar with proof coins.  I tried to build my stack with ASE, Maple Leafs and Brittanias, with the occasional generic 10 oz bar when I get a flash sale that's spot or very close to it.  I know proofs are more expensive, but have you ever sold any?  Do they hold their value much better than BU ASE's?

Thx for the lesson on proofs.   I want to get as much silver as I can at the lowest possible prices.  I was thinking about looking into generic rounds to do so, however since prices spiked the past few weeks so did premiums on them.  I don't want to pay $4 to $5 premiums on generics when thats what I was paying on ASE's no that long ago.

I almost pulled the trigger on some Britannias today for $28.80.  The best prices on generics at the time were $29.20.  This would have affected my DCA a little.  I see prices are back up after they reopened. I'll wait until late tonight to see if they come down after the buying frenzy.  If not, I won't be too disappointed.  I expect more pullbacks even during this upward trend. 

5 minutes ago, Witcher said:

You will want to stay away from graded and proof coins then.  The premiums are ridiculous.  Most experienced stackers say that it is better to go to a local coin shop now instead of these online dealers. During that little dip, I just managed 3 silver ounces.  Only 3 because they were higher premium (not generic) coins. 

I would love to go to my LCS instead of the online dealers, especially after how they treated us in March, when spot was so low.  I live in a small town and my LCS is so tiny.  In fact I didn't even know we had one until I was stopped at a red light last year and I just so happened to turn my head and see the shop.  Due  to the virus, the hours are not stable right now  Very limited selection, but decent prices when they are opened.  Maybe I'll gibe them a call tomorrow.

16 hours ago, GWL3 said:

I want to get as much silver as I can at the lowest possible prices.

To mimic @Witcher I concur along with "Collectables" (James Bond, Marvel, Colorized, etc.). I havent gotten into poured silver so I dont know if it is worth it either (regarding cheapest price there is NICE stuff out there) I kind of put that up into the collectable area as a lot of people are serial numbering them and or limit the pours. Not that its a bad thing you just might not be able to get the lowest price possible.

I dont have a LCS I do have a few pawn shops but since I use Paypal that is not an option at this time.

You can also get nice/good deals here on the forums.

Ive noticed the price has started to eeek its way up again.... still hasnt hit my buy point yet... :D

21 hours ago, Witcher said:

You will want to stay away from graded and proof coins then.  The premiums are ridiculous.  Most experienced stackers say that it is better to go to a local coin shop now instead of these online dealers. During that little dip, I just managed 3 silver ounces.  Only 3 because they were higher premium (not generic) coins. 

Lcs with relationship makss for better deals...pay anything more then $4 over and your not really friends with the owner, just think you are...lol.

On 11/08/2020 at 12:44, Kman said:

I'm hoping for ~$24 

I predicted $24 which is a rare accurate guess from me

I would definitely not have predicted so quickly back above $27, I thought we would be between $24.85-$26.20 for a while

I did top up my SLV again yesterday which I'm glad I did

It's easy to put money into something watching it go up but it's harder when it's falling, seems counter intuitive but you have to  buy those dips

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

In a bold but no doubt wrong move I just sold my entire SLV which I've been accumulating since July when silver dropped below $27.70, SLV @ 25.70

I was unnerved by the sudden sharp decline, which has now continued.. so maybe I will turn out to be right and get a better place to buy back in

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Just now, Aknot said:

Help a noob out.... What is SLV?

SLV is a popular silver etf, way of benefiting from the price of silver without having to hold it physically 

https://www.ishares.com/us/products/239855/ishares-silver-trust-fund

8 minutes ago, Kman said:

In a bold but no doubt wrong move I just sold my entire SLV which I've been accumulating since July when silver dropped below $27.70, SLV @ 25.70

I was unnerved by the sudden sharp decline, which has now continued.. so maybe I will turn out to be right and get a better place to buy back in

Don't prices usually go down sharply on Tuesdays?  In which case tomorrow could be a good buying opportunity?

16 minutes ago, Kman said:

So it's your bloody fault the price has dropped. You've started a selling spree.

Sell sell sell......😂

9 minutes ago, HighlandTiger said:

So it's your bloody fault the price has dropped. You've started a selling spree.

Sell sell sell......😂

Oh it's going to shoot up don't worry

Instead of sticking with my plan and buying the dips I've tried to be too clever here and trade in and out of my entire position 

• 1 month later...

This is a big call Andrew.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 5 weeks later...

Silver has fallen out of the underlying bullish trend line, maybe it's a blip and can recover

if not I think it's only at best sideways from here or down for the next few months, I'm hoping it stabilises at around $19 and that would be a nice entry back into silver etf 

silvertrend1.thumb.png.5bde19a08d84e62e7c8a1bbc6ce202fc.png

Edited by Kman

9 minutes ago, Kman said:

Silver has fallen out of the underlying bullish trend line, maybe it's a blip and can recover

if not I think it's only at best sideways from here or down for the next few months, I'm hoping it stabilises at around $19 and that would be a nice entry back into silver etf 

silvertrend1.thumb.png.5bde19a08d84e62e7c8a1bbc6ce202fc.png

I expect to fall until stimulus is announced. Hold tight until at least 3 November. It's a buying opportunity 😉

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454