• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread $ (USD) only

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss the price action of silver in £ GBP instead please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/368-silver-monitoring-thread-£-gbp-only/

An interesting chart i happened to see posted on Twitter.
Pretty quickly i saw 2 cup and handle chart patterns.

The first cup starts off in 1800 and whatever, with the other side of the cup completing in around 1968 - the handle then forms and we see the expected pull back complete in the early 1970's. Then there is the price take off with culminates in the Hunt brothers' blow off top in 1980.

A second cup then starts to form. The cup is complete in 2011. We have been experiencing the handle forming in recent years. Assuming the pattern plays out it is all up from here. We will complete the handle at $50 and then price explodes upwards in a multi-year bull run. We could be looking at $100's per ounce in the end. That might not mean much of course b/c unlike some people i expect inflation on steroids so your dollars won't go very far.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 hours ago, Witcher said:

there won't be much inventory to buy except for those who sell...  and I believe there may be people willing to "get out" because they bought high in 2011.  
The premiums are high because the wholesale is asking for significantly more to cover for the recent explosion in purchases. 

The premiums have been high since the $12 hit, they wouldn't copy the online trades towithin $2 so ramped the premium up and have never let it get back to the old premium days.

When do you think premiums will stabilize? When the price goes up? I think everyone seems to be anticipating the price going up so maybe we are in a shake out phase. Or a fake out until this supposive inflation hits hard. Fiat is already dead to me. I only calculate wealth in physical ounces the rest is hubris. Bitcoin is the fastest horse in the race currently. Let me know your thoughts.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/silversqueeze-hits-london-slv-warns-limited-available-silver

Interesting times ahead.....

Eyes 👀 down on the markets tonight and tomorrow

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I'm predicting that the PMs market will surprise many people, include those invested, with its next significant move, which should be to the upside. We've had a very long multi-year consolidation which has conditioned every to expect more of the same, but this is when markets defy those expectations.

• 1 month later...

For the past 6 months this has been a good area to buy, will it remain so? if the 200 dma holds maybe, if not its looking more negative 

silvermarch.thumb.jpg.4e75ded7a2072f1c0a40d8fb3a371485.jpg

silver200dma.thumb.jpg.bad116ce20bd90346a2d754a6247e5de.jpg

On the opposite side of things DXY is just getting over the 200 DMA on the daily for the first time since June 2020

dollarjune.thumb.jpg.0db77e81ce3e60091e41cd0a99fe790a.jpg

Edited by Kman

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I'd worry more about Janet yellen then the graphs, she opts for a base rate increase and the graphs won't mean anything, if the unemployment rate falls further the pressure will be on, that would drive some commodity investors to bonds again, doesn't take much to get hedge funds interested, they are talking drops or even bubble bursting in graded cards which doesn't sound like much but the offering investments are where the money has been flowing in search of any return above zero.

• 3 weeks later...

The banking cartel are definately not let Silver get above $26 atm, The amount of times ive seen of late get to 25.9 and then get monkey hammmered down again is unreal!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 hours ago, GreatBritishBullion said:

It can only be done for so long! Our day will come ;)

Yes it was over well over 26 today and been pumped down again today - this is blatent manipulation! just close to being smashed under again - i suspect it will before market close!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

2 minutes ago, vacancies said:

Held 26. Nice.

Nope 25.853 closed at

Just now, vacancies said:

My kitco app said bid price 26.05. 

The actual price market is 25.853, the bid may well be above, but look at something like trading view. which is the market Spot price,

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

Maybe we should have a separate graph for real price versus e price..im getting $40 for ase's against $26.30 eprice...real difference, even generics are $31 so a $5 jump from e/l to r/l.

great idea !

In feb/march , i was seeing the silver price at around 26gbp /  $36 an ounce. This month its moving closer to 30 GBP /  $41  before applicable taxes.    

53 minutes ago, Spark268 said:

great idea !

In feb/march , i was seeing the silver price at around 26gbp /  $36 an ounce. This month its moving closer to 30 GBP /  $41  before applicable taxes.    

Youd think someone on here would have a site or update on real prices versus etf price..even just premium ratio as 26 to 32 would be 23% premium.....gold is 1776 versus 1954 for eagles is 10% premium...showing silvers volatility is double that of gold.

Edited by DarkChameleon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...