• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

I must thank @Fenlander1 for my lovely Buffalo. 

I love the symbolism of the Buffalo, it represents prayer for some tribes and abundance also, as the animal provided so many of the needs of the Native American. From meat, to the hides to sinews for sewing. The image of the Brave is beautiful.

Both images also are very saddening, to think that 60 million buffalo were killed in an attempt to decimate the indigenous people.

IMG_5643.jpeg

IMG_5642.jpeg

Lovely coin that! 

Yes the Europeans were b*stards to the native Americans in their attempt to profit off the new world

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 hours ago, modofantasma said:

A few more dates ticked off in this batch

"Only" "need" 7 Shields for the full date run now... 1887 58 49 48 41 39 38

shildds.thumb.jpg.8ed5c34ab009bc2939f3805d03509bbd.jpg

1875-S Obverse

1875orp.thumb.jpg.1c8163b9f270be4bee930cb3a4b93c06.jpg

For anyone not familiar with a shield reverse 

shfi.thumb.jpg.02c2e8c8806cacd603fcf58ef38a0417.jpg

How beautiful! Fantastic condition, too

18 hours ago, monkey said:

After watching @BackyardBullion and @SilverPunk on YouTube and getting in touch with them, I bought some liver of sulphur and polish to have a go my self. I'll pop my results in the thread I started linked below.

Good luck, ! its very much experimenting with amount of liver of sulphur added, time and temp until you get the results you want :) looking forward to seeing how you get on!

Please see our youtube channel and website below :) 

https://www.youtube.com/@SilverPunkPour

https://silverpunk.org/

4 minutes ago, DavePa said:

Earlier this week I received three 1 oz RAM Australian Coat of Arms from thier series. Will collect them as time goes by as they look wickedly detailed. 

Bought them from Martin at the.silver.trader.co.uk some good stuff there. 

20231122_111912.jpg

20231122_111932.jpg

The design looks a bit cartoon but I like it 👍

5 minutes ago, DavePa said:

Earlier this week I received three 1 oz RAM Australian Coat of Arms from thier series. Will collect them as time goes by as they look wickedly detailed. 

20231122_111912.jpg

20231122_111932.jpg

More great coins from RAM! I have literally just bought the Australian one, not sure if I will bother with the different state ones. I have a couple or so of the Kangaroos, unbelievable what some went for at auction yesterday!😮🤔

8 minutes ago, DavePa said:

20231122_111912.jpg

20231122_111932.jpg

I like these, might have to get me some :) 

3 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Initially designed by sculptor James Earl Fraser on nickels 1913 - 1938. and  later replicated on the modern Gold ‘ Buffalo’

The reverse technically should be described as a Bison and not a Buffalo. This animal was unknown to the frontiersmen and railroad workers - to them it was just ‘Dinner’!  The nearest anyone had seen was the Asian water buffalo….thus the name.

Also the obverse portraying a Native American is not a brave or ‘Geronimo’ but a composite of 3 different Indians, namely ‘Iron Tail’, ‘Big Tree’, and ‘Two Moons’! And lastly, on the reverse apparently the Bison was modelled on ‘Black Diamond’ from a New York zoo!

Fascinating piece of history….

IMG_4863.jpeg

Thank you, really interesting. 
I referred to the man as a Brave, because he is not depicted wearing a war bonnet or shaman headwear. It was not a disrespectful reference. 

A coin is not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

Amor Vincit Omnia.

2 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

Thank you, really interesting. 
I referred to the man as a Brave, because he is not depicted wearing a war bonnet or shaman headwear. It was not a disrespectful reference. 

I've seen a few folks wax lyrical about Buffalos now.  Maybe I'll have to start branching out into 1oz coins next year.  There are a few Perth Mint designs I'd like to see in gold, and by the looks of the gazette article somebody linked, we might see a 1oz gold Valiant make an appearance.  I know folks love the Queen's Beasts, but I think the Royal Arms and Valiant are actually my favourite of the Royal Mint's modern efforts.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

27 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Todays arrivals from @BriEarl

IMG_5356.thumb.JPG.30bcbcee8f46151b91dc0e6dec56e429.JPG

IMG_5357.thumb.JPG.ed94fc3d200133b488be39b962b7a96d.JPG

The 1872M is a very interesting coin indeed, I have put a close picture of the obverse below to see if the eagle eyed among you can see what has got me so excited about this coin

IMG_5346.thumb.JPG.467b4519dc2d2fa0ef4221e28a448d22.JPG

The 1872M is an interesting one… 

16 hours ago, modofantasma said:

A few more dates ticked off in this batch

"Only" "need" 7 Shields for the full date run now... 1887 58 49 48 41 39 38

shildds.thumb.jpg.8ed5c34ab009bc2939f3805d03509bbd.jpg

1875-S Obverse

1875orp.thumb.jpg.1c8163b9f270be4bee930cb3a4b93c06.jpg

For anyone not familiar with a shield reverse 

shfi.thumb.jpg.02c2e8c8806cacd603fcf58ef38a0417.jpg

Yes very nice indeed and getting closer to the date run all the time, I admire the  approach you have taken with your stacking, you have certainly avoided some of the  pitfalls I've fallen in along the way, best wishes, hope to see the completed date run soon eh! 

7 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

The 1872M is an interesting one… 

Indeed, mint error die clash coin,
You can see the field from the shield under the hair band, a leaf in front of the nose and then under the chin

2 hours ago, DavePa said:

20231122_111912.jpg

20231122_111932.jpg

Well these are rather tasty numbers!

1 hour ago, Upsidedown said:

Bucket lister - 24k Ring

20231124_102921.jpg

20231124_104338.jpg

Colour is surreal, looks very soft!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

Well these are rather tasty numbers!

Colour is surreal, looks very soft!

It's properly work hardened so shouldn't be soft at all, I certainly couldn't crush it with my fingers. It's got a lifetime guarantee also :D

colour is amazing, much darker than i expected, pictures dont do it justice

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32