• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

3 hours ago, morezone said:

The plain old silver version of the Humble Administrator's Garden from the Chinese Classical Garden Series

Via Google translate I came across a thread that I think states that it is planned that this will be the last medal design in the series - Are you aware if this is the case? 

thanks

12 minutes ago, ArthGoch said:

Via Google translate I came across a thread that I think states that it is planned that this will be the last medal design in the series - Are you aware if this is the case? 

thanks

I was under the impression that there would be a final one in 2017 but I have no definitive answer.

6 hours ago, sg86 said:

What is the going rate for buns really then, they seem to be all over the place. I paid on average 140 for the 5 above

Thanks for that, i'll buy marsh's half sov book soon.

None of the 92 have JEB on them assuming i'm looking in the right place!

£140 is about 15% as it stands so for a mix of Jubs and YHs in that condition, it's not far off bearing in mind you have 3 Jubs and none of them are remarkable. If you can consistently buy YHs for £140 you can't go far wrong.

In better collectable grade, prices can get pretty high. Similar to fulls really.

All those look to be low shield so you need a JEB. High shield without JEB is good too.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

17 hours ago, morezone said:

UPS has just turned up with these bits at almost 6pm.  Spoke to the driver and he's told me that it's reached the point that his round is just about doable and I was one of the last 5 today.  Over the last 10 years, this round has gone from a single van to 3 vans covering the same area and on top of that, the vans have increased in size to accommodate the extra capacity.

2017 1/10 Kangaroo, 1 oz Gold UK Lunar Rooster & 1 oz Gold Australian Lunar 2 Rooster.  As expected, the UK Rooster has a few marks on it.  The Royal Mint is a bit of a joke in every aspect (bullion, proofs, packaging).

2016-10-24 17.54.25.jpg

2016-10-24 17.54.50.jpg

2016-10-24 17.55.08.jpg

2016-10-24 17.55.30.jpg

@morezone- thanks for sharing. Are those scuffs between the chicken and the 1 OZ FINE GOLD on the coin itself?! If so then the Royal Mint have sunk to a new depth for quality control?!☹️ May I ask - was that via Goldline or direct from the Mint? 

Lindeman 

4 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

@morezone- thanks for sharing. Are those scuffs between the chicken and the 1 OZ FINE GOLD on the coin itself?! If so then the Royal Mint have sunk to a new depth for quality control?!☹️ May I ask - was that via Goldline or direct from the Mint? 

Lindeman 

All scuffs/abrasions are on the coin itself. Royal Mint quality control is pretty much none existent.  Each of my UK Lunars have some sort of imperfection.  This coin was supplied by CoinInvest. 

Finally the delivery came from NGC... here are some of the results ..

d06bb8c6636be86ecae89bb87bec2609.jpg

0ebfe83063dbb23038dffb51aac39fc7.jpg

df890320d19a1a2cada4462c39c6ba1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally the delivery came from NGC... here are some of the results ..

d06bb8c6636be86ecae89bb87bec2609.jpg

0ebfe83063dbb23038dffb51aac39fc7.jpg

df890320d19a1a2cada4462c39c6ba1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 20/10/2016 at 10:29, Numistacker said:

Firstly a very disappointing shield sovereign from HGM my first shield from them and being honest they should not sell coins like this with no warning

I think most people would have sent it back already.

If there's one thing I can criticise HGM for; it's buying crappy shields at 2% below spot and still selling them at 15%

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

On 24/10/2016 at 20:17, sovereignsteve said:

£140 is about 15% as it stands so for a mix of Jubs and YHs in that condition, it's not far off bearing in mind you have 3 Jubs and none of them are remarkable. If you can consistently buy YHs for £140 you can't go far wrong.

In better collectable grade, prices can get pretty high. Similar to fulls really.

All those look to be low shield so you need a JEB. High shield without JEB is good too.

I would be happy to pick more up at 140 just can't find any! :D

Also condition wise i think its impossible to judge via pictures, I could take a picture of a seemingly flawless proof and show its flaws. I can also take a picture that'll make any of those 5 half sovs look almost mint (apart from wear of course)

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com