• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

Today I received a 10oz Sunshine Mint silver bar from the forum's FTYBR. Pleasure dealing with you Glenn, it's a great looking lump of silver.

This takes my silver stack up to the magical 100oz  :D

Well done SS on the 100oz, It seems a few of us are hitting this mark lately.I would be interested on what your next objective is too. 

I reached 100 sooner than expected considering I only started last year. I'm thinking maybe another 100 by the end of the year, and maybe an ounce of gold

It's a shame that silver bars generally can't be found as cheaply as coins as I think I prefer them. You feel a bit more like James Bond with a nice sized bar in the hand.

I reached 100 sooner than expected considering I only started last year. I'm thinking maybe another 100 by the end of the year, and maybe an ounce of gold

It's a shame that silver bars generally can't be found as cheaply as coins as I think I prefer them. You feel a bit more like James Bond with a nice sized bar in the hand.

You need to speak to FTYBR about his 100oz bad boy bar - instantly double your stack!!!

I bet that would be awesome to hold.

Stacker since 2013

Here's one I never thought I'd own but it was offered at a good price on top of a bunch of coins I purchased. I was curious to see what one looked like in the flesh as it were. I'm sure I'd prefer the proof!

post-413-0-31878500-1433117953_thumb.jpgpost-413-0-91943200-1433117965_thumb.jpg

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

2001 Kook and a year on, I still haven't finished the date run.

2014 1kg Libertad Proof-Like. That's the 2014 Proofs done.  Don't need future years since the design remains static.

2010 1/20 Gold Proof Libertad.

2014 1oz High Relief Edge-Tailed Eagle.  A year late but when I started collecting I wasn't interested in Proofs so I missed a lot of early releases.  The price of this in the secondary market has been crazy but managed to grab a couple.  The 2015 is due out any second but I wanted to complete my 2014 set.  2015 is unchanged so I won't be collecting them.

post-94-0-07855800-1433239304_thumb.jpg

Is it right that diameter on the lib kilo is greater than the Perth kilos? 110mm v 101mm.

It's making the other coins look tiny in your photo.

Just measured and yes, it is 110mm.

The $10 indian head arrived and I was very glad of this because the eBay sellers profile did not inspire much confidence.

here is the picture from the eBay listing.

e52db5f5130d4e91b6235bde6b7f7c0b.jpg

And here's the picture of the coin that arrived.

ab15c0e8100c74319ce0e3b0c422c2ff.jpg

I think that the listing picture made the coin look a slightly higher grade than the actual coin.

Also today I got back some coins that had been graded and conserved by NGC.

9150ee991c8e62312cddd292bdc79307.jpg

dade61201dd6fe92623cfee6163269ee.jpg

These pictures are of the coin before they went to NCS for conservation

6fac190470ef462f39282b5b4a1808c1.jpg

4248660204cb658d0f52bd659b3f0f1c.jpg

These pictures are of the coin as conserved and slabbed by NGC

It looks to me like NCS made the fields on the obverse to the left of Libertys eye worse!!

Edited by Guest

i prefer the original. The returned coin looks more like it's been inappropriately cleaned or whatever they said before. Other than removing the blue spots, i don't think they've improved it in any way. They could probably have been removed by a little judicious application of some solvent or other anyway, with no detriment. I'm curious to know what "grade" they've given it now.

The $10 indian head arrived and I was very glad of this because the eBay sellers profile did not inspire much confidence.

here is the picture from the eBay listing.

e52db5f5130d4e91b6235bde6b7f7c0b.jpg

And here's the picture of the coin that arrived.

ab15c0e8100c74319ce0e3b0c422c2ff.jpg

I think that the listing picture made the coin look a slightly higher grade than the actual coin.

Is it definitely the same coin? If so, fair play to him, he's obviously a good coin photographer!

i prefer the original. The returned coin looks more like it's been inappropriately cleaned or whatever they said before. Other than removing the blue spots, i don't think they've improved it in any way. They could probably have been removed by a little judicious application of some solvent or other anyway, with no detriment. I'm curious to know what "grade" they've given it now.

They gave it improperly cleaned unc details.

Is it definitely the same coin? If so, fair play to him, he's obviously a good coin photographer!

I think he's tilted it slightly and used the reflection so

as to not make some of the scratches as obvious.

he could have taken it with the au-55 if he was

completely honest.

HH

I think he's tilted it slightly and used the reflection so

as to not make some of the scratches as obvious.

he could have taken it with the au-55 if he was

completely honest.

HH

I agree with you but I looked in his feedback as a seller and all the feedback was from the sane account. I was glad to get the coin but it looked like MS62 from the pictures....

A letter from Border Force requesting that I explain on their form the silver Anzac New Zealand stamps that they are holding is what I have ordered before they release them.

There's me thinking if the Queen's head is on there it wouldn't be a problem. Nice letter to greet me after a couple of weeks away:-(

2008 1/2, 1/10 and 1/20 gold panda in omp

Are you doing yearly type sets or just collecting whatever comes along?

I just brought my 2014 and 2013 1 ozzers back at the weekend and I forget how lovely they are.

Are you doing yearly type sets or just collecting whatever comes along?

I just brought my 2014 and 2013 1 ozzers back at the weekend and I forget how lovely they are.

I love the 08 and 13 design so when I get chance to buy I try to. Like the panda designs but the last couple years designs are nice but I think they could do better