• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, DanPie said:

That's a great find - 2018 is GEM Uncirculated too. Had no idea about that grading until I bought a GEM graded sov from Orpster before Christmas. Added interest, low mintage cracker 

My understanding is that a GEM grading actually equates to MS65 and there are reasons why a coin gets given this grading. I have read that it is when dealers put lots of coins in and they don’t want lower grades, however I have a trial, of the pyx coin that i put in for grading that got a GEM grading so it would be nice to know the real reason for this grade🤔

13 minutes ago, Petra said:

My understanding is that a GEM grading actually equates to MS65 and there are reasons why a coin gets given this grading. I have read that it is when dealers put lots of coins in and they don’t want lower grades, however I have a trial, of the pyx coin that i put in for grading that got a GEM grading so it would be nice to know the real reason for this grade🤔

I think the MS 69 DPL is the more preferable grade, although they both look about the same to me. It is possible that they are actually the same numerical grade.

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I think the MS 69 DPL is the more preferable grade, although they both look about the same to me. It is possible that they are actually the same numerical grade.

Possibly, as I think the gem thing can go from 65 to 69. But why? Appears to be very difficult to find a reason for this grade🤔😮Either way, both very nice coins. I appreciate the low mintage for these from 2015 to 2018 and have been trying to find one for my collection. Hate to think what you paid for these but well done👍

1 minute ago, Petra said:

Possibly, as I think the gem thing can go from 65 to 69. But why? Appears to be very difficult to find a reason for this grade🤔😮Either way, both very nice coins. I appreciate the low mintage for these from 2015 to 2018 and have been trying to find one for my collection. Hate to think what you paid for these but well done👍

I think it's usually for bulk submissions. Presumably you get a better price if someone only has to take a quick cursory look at a coin to go "yup, that's at least a 65".

9 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

Some birthday Silver! Pretty sure my mum has the standard coin version at home but this was a bit of a bargain and seeing as there isn’t a 1977 Sov it was an easy buy

IMG_3957.jpeg

IMG_3956.jpeg

Nice! I have two of these available if anyone is interested 😁

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, Earthmetal said:

Nice! I have two of these available if anyone is interested 😁

I have one of each, one in the set and one in the box, they are actually really nice coins😮🤔

46 minutes ago, Petra said:

I have one of each, one in the set and one in the box, they are actually really nice coins😮🤔

They are. I think we just get blase' about them due to the ploliferance (made-up word alert!) of the Cupro-nickel version. WIthout those, I think coins like this would be worth as much as Victorian crowns. They're likely far more rare too.

Progress is a myth. Democracy is a sham. Dumbing down is real.
Throw your mobile 'phone in the bin, it will free you!
Turn your TV off, cancel your licence.
USE CASH WHEREVER POSSIBLE.

1 hour ago, Earthmetal said:

They are. I think we just get blase' about them due to the ploliferance (made-up word alert!) of the Cupro-nickel version. WIthout those, I think coins like this would be worth as much as Victorian crowns. They're likely far more rare too.

The cupronickel nickel ones look great when still in the full set. Not a fan of slabbed coins, but a lot of the proof ones appear to have been slabbed and go for pretty decent prices 🤔😮

1 minute ago, Silverman2U said:

This 1oz gold dragon is very nice! … actually better than the UK version from the Royal Mint IMO. Shame cos’ the UK version is CGT free. 😕

Totally agree and I’ve put the 1oz in the RM box to make it CGT free. I’m sure that’s a loophole.

The Perth Mint is bullion but the RM is proof🤪

If the RM didn’t have a mintage of only 388 I’d have bought the 1/2 Perth instead.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, NGMD said:

Flip Flopping my way through my precious metal adventure.

Some Beauties for the eyes, and Silver Shame. 

Like,Share and Subscribe as I need to reclaim my stolen GM badge.

1/4oz Yale

1980 Proof Sovereign

1/4oz RM Gold Proof Lunar Dragon 2024

1oz Perth Mint Lunar Dragon 2024

10 Yen 1909🤷‍♂️ No Idea but it looked nice.

1/4oz 2014 Anniversary Roo Proof.

3.75g South Korea Luna Dragon Gold Bar 2024 

1g Gold Geiger Square❤️

1oz Silver Dragons Perth Mint Gilded 2024. Quirky version Direct from Perth Mint.

1oz 2024 MS70 Pandas Graded Bullion

500g PAMP Milled Silver (Got some Coloured Enamelled Plans)

1oz Copernicus BU Silver 2023

IMG_6880.jpeg

IMG_6881.jpeg

IMG_6883.jpeg

IMG_6885.jpeg

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6876.jpeg

Those are lovely😮😮😮😮💕💕💕 the perth mint dragon is great. Much better in photos than the illustrations. On my hit list now👍

3 hours ago, NGMD said:

1/4oz Yale

1980 Proof Sovereign

1g Gold Geiger Square❤️

1oz Silver Dragons Perth Mint Gilded 2024. Quirky version Direct from Perth Mint.

IMG_6880.jpeg

IMG_6881.jpeg

IMG_6883.jpeg

IMG_6885.jpeg

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6876.jpeg

The 1g geigers look great!

3 hours ago, NGMD said:

1/4oz Yale

1980 Proof Sovereign

1g Gold Geiger Square❤️

IMG_6880.jpeg

IMG_6881.jpeg

IMG_6883.jpeg

IMG_6885.jpeg

IMG_6887.jpeg

IMG_6876.jpeg

Nice variety, bet the big gold dragon looks amazing in hand🤔😮

3 hours ago, Petra said:

Nice variety, bet the big gold dragon looks amazing in hand🤔😮

I’ve mentioned its bullion which puts many proofs to shame. Another point is it’s a 0.5mm thicker than a Brit. Just appealing❤️

I like odd things. #NBS

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024