• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation One Ounce Gold Proof

What do think the 2023 KCIII Coronation 1oz proof coin is worth? Do you think it could be a worthwhile investment for the future (granted that it probably costs about the same as two 1oz britannias). With only 500 minted and being from such a significant historic occassion do you think that might have any bearing on how it might do in the long term?

image.png.5fd1ff4e7b1aeb3a570434e4456d540d.png

A pf70 sold before Christmas on feebay at auction for £2856 as I had a watch on it. I think RRP was around that at launch

As said above may do ok over the long term. 

20 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Interestingly after scratching the surface I've discovered that there is also a limited edition 200 mintage of this coin with a unique reverse proof finish. Is this unusual for coins?

It was made made just for the USA market sadly and sold with even bigger premium. It did look rather nice.

There's also a 2oz gold matt proof, that's was sold the royal mint marque members, I was lucky to get at launch 

Not very often RM issue matt proof

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

There's also a 2oz gold matt proof, that's was sold the royal mint marque members, I was lucky to get at launch 

I'd be interested to see what that looks like.

img_1_1705743185857~2.jpg

Edited by Kitalon
Ahh I see now I found a picture

Thank you very much for sharing this. I think on the face of it I prefer the look of the original proof to the reverse proof. But that matt finish looks truly stunning, did they only do that for the 2oz and 5oz coins and not the 1oz?

3 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Thank you very much for sharing this. I think on the face of it I prefer the look of the original proof to the reverse proof. But that matt finish looks truly stunning, did they only do that for the 2oz and 5oz coins and not the 1oz?

the Coronation "matt" finish was only in 2oz gold, no other sizes

The 1oz reverse proof was only in 1oz gold, no other sizes. and was sold exclusively to USA market only through GovMint 

I have seen one just sell for £3200! And he has come down from £3500. There is another chancy young flipper trying for £3300. Given the scarcity and desirability do you think we're likely to see any prices better than that?

Its a buyers market out there. 

39 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

I have seen one just sell for £3200! And he has come down from £3500. There is another chancy young flipper trying for £3300. Given the scarcity and desirability do you think we're likely to see any prices better than that?

I personally wouldn't buy at those prices. 

1 hour ago, Kitalon said:

If you are super stoked on getting the design and can afford it, maybe consider 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266612972919

This is the 2oz gold standard Coronation proof - it is listed a few hundred quid less than the RRP at launch was 

You'd be getting a bit more bang for your buck, So you'd be paying £2,550 an oz rather than £3200-£3300oz for the 1oz 

Thank you! I hadn't thought of it like that. Yes it is a design that has captivated me ever since someone posted a pic of theirs on TSF. The coronation of our King also means a lot to me so in many ways the price is incidental. It would be a keepsake rather than bullion type investment as far as I'm concerned. 🤔

3 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

@Paul - Nice to see that 1oz reverse proof. It’s something I’ve been looking to acquire but I had forgotten about it. 😆

ive not seen one for sale anywhere other than that one at Sovereign Rarities that i nabbed that image from