• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation One Ounce Gold Proof

37 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

And I’m in the market for a 1 Oz Coronation reverse proof. Price is not an issue. Hit me! 😇

@GoldDiggerDave has one.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

40 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Bingo! Sealed the deal, got a good price.

That’s great news- really like the design and should have been on bullion. Certainly one for the future. Here or somewhere else( pricing not necessary)?

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

3 hours ago, Kitalon said:

This is not the coin I expected but you can't fight destiny. I'm pleasantly surprised and the proud new owner of 95/210 minted of The King of Coins. So happy with this :)

image.thumb.png.30f3c2009a1227a0b5bd2522c8d6fb27.png

The chap I bought it from hadn't even heard about this particular 'frosted' reverse proof variant and acquired 2. He was suddenly inundated with loads of enquiries after listing it on Bookface. I invited him to join us on TSF, he is a rather renowned and prolific gold coin dealer in the south west.

Yeah, Max is a nice guy. You took it away from me and got a bargain.

-Royal Mint 2024

Absolutely, a real deal. Max also told me that he will be getting some rather rare 1oz silver 'frosted' proof editions of this coin. I don't really know anything about silver but would be interested to see what these coins look like and will be priced at.

4 hours ago, Kitalon said:

Absolutely, a real deal. Max also told me that he will be getting some rather rare 1oz silver 'frosted' proof editions of this coin. I don't really know anything about silver but would be interested to see what these coins look like and will be priced at.

I think Max means the 2oz silver reverse proof. There was no 1oz reverse proof of the Coronation coin.

I do have the 2oz silver and it is GORGEOUS!

In general I’ve become a huge fan of reverse proof coins and have most of the silver versions the RM has released recently.

https://www.sovr.co.uk/products/charles-iii-2023-silver-proof-2oz-rp70-coronation-hv30287

image.jpeg.af77fcce208e2f2220fbc22a7904336a.jpeg

image.jpeg.65885527c6b43cdc1b85136f54fce79b.jpeg

Edited by westminstrel

This is the original GovMint sale page: https://www.govmint.com/gb-2023-2oz-slv-kciii-coronation-ngc-rev-pf70-cr

I dealt with them ONCE because of this coin, and I hated the experience. They refused to tell me the price over email and insisted I call them because the item was only available on a call-in basis.

Well… I’m in Australia and just want to enquire about the price. I’m not placing an order without knowing the price.

Sorry but we can’t disclose over email. You will have to call us and tell us how many coins you want.

Eh what?

🙄

In the end I managed to secure mine from Sovereign Rarities who are amazing people to deal with.

39 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I think Max means the 2oz silver reverse proof. There was no 1oz reverse proof of the Coronation coin.

I do have the 2oz silver and it is GORGEOUS!

In general I’ve become a huge fan of reverse proof coins and have most of the silver versions the RM has released recently.

https://www.sovr.co.uk/products/charles-iii-2023-silver-proof-2oz-rp70-coronation-hv30287

That is stunning.❤️Jealous.

-Royal Mint 2024

59 minutes ago, NGMD said:

That is stunning.❤️Jealous.

The 2oz silver reverse proof is still available from Sovereign Rarities at £340 which I guess is a decent price given its limited mintage (1000) and PF70 grade.

And @Kitalon mentioned Max might be getting some in stock too.

4 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’m sticking in a RM order for the next great engravers gold and silver and I can get hands on the 2oz silver reverse proof coronations, but only have a very small window to get hands on those. 
please PM if you are interested in anything…

Any ideas on pricing for the next great engravers?

20 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I’m sticking in a RM order for the next great engravers gold and silver and I can get hands on the 2oz silver reverse proof coronations, but only have a very small window to get hands on those. 
please PM if you are interested in anything…

Are the 2oz silvers raw or were they pre graded?

Aaaahhh😉

22 hours ago, Kitalon said:

This is not the coin I expected but you can't fight destiny. I'm pleasantly surprised and the proud new owner of 95/210 minted of The King of Coins. So happy with this :)

image.thumb.png.30f3c2009a1227a0b5bd2522c8d6fb27.png

The chap I bought it from hadn't even heard about this particular 'frosted' reverse proof variant and acquired 2. He was suddenly inundated with loads of enquiries after listing it on Bookface. I invited him to join us on TSF, he is a rather renowned and prolific gold coin dealer in the south west.

That's a fine looking lump of gold sir

6 hours ago, westminstrel said:

The 2oz silver reverse proof is still available from Sovereign Rarities at £340 which I guess is a decent price given its limited mintage (1000) and PF70 grade.

And @Kitalon mentioned Max might be getting some in stock too.

Yes. He's getting them in today. I will report back when I hear from him (I've also encouraged him to join TSF to sell his wares to us). 😉