• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Coronation One Ounce Gold Proof

Greedy RM launched Way too many coronation products/coin imo. 
i myself got the sotd sov, the standard coronation proof and bullion and the 5 coin set, a mere fraction of what has been released in 2023.

too many special issues makes them not so special at all at the end of the day  

Edited by refero

2 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

This is the normal proof 

Ooh! Zadoc the priest gives me goosebumps. Yes that confirms it, I definitely prefer this version of the coin. Both are really nice, but I'm not at all sure about the Kings head in reverse proof. I think this seals the deal for me. To me it is the 'king of coins' minted right now.

On 20/01/2024 at 17:25, NGMD said:

Not the big boys 2oz but my Coronation collection. The hardest to get was the 1/4 Proof.

IMG_6925.jpeg

IMG_6922.jpeg

Lurrrrrvly💖💖💖💖👌

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

Yep, I've already had a heads-up about this one. But as nice as it is 'it's not the coin I'm looking for', I'm looking for a humble 1oz proof. 😉
I don't want a slabbed/graded coin (else I will just break it out regardless) but I do need the box and CoA. If anyone wants to sell a nice raw 2023 KCIII Coronation 1oz gold proof (£100) coin then message me quickly before I buy another - I won't be offering to buy for long. Probably won't be buying any more gold coins for a long time after this either as I've nearly reached my goal and exhausted my wallet (for this quarter at least). 🤪

10 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

Yep, I've already had a heads-up about this one. But as nice as it is 'it's not the coin I'm looking for', I'm looking for a humble 1oz proof. 😉
I don't want a slabbed/graded coin (else I will just break it out regardless) but I do need the box and CoA. If anyone wants to sell a nice raw 2023 KCIII Coronation 1oz gold proof (£100) coin then message me quickly before I buy another - I won't be offering to buy for long. Probably won't be buying any more gold coins for a long time after this either as I've nearly reached my goal and exhausted my wallet (for this quarter at least). 🤪

How much are you expecting to pay for the desired coin 

I haven't been able to find it for less than £3250 inc postage/collection (although I did see one go for £3200). A seller just knocked £50 off for me today even though he said that he wasn't open to offers when I originally asked him. So it was worth £2770 when it was released last year so I would ideally be looking around the 3k mark.

1 hour ago, Kitalon said:

I haven't been able to find it for less than £3250 inc postage/collection (although I did see one go for £3200). A seller just knocked £50 off for me today even though he said that he wasn't open to offers when I originally asked him. So it was worth £2770 when it was released last year so I would ideally be looking around the 3k mark.

I think if you can get one for that, you’d be doing very well. 500 made. 
I could glue a couple of coronation proof sovereigns in 70 slabs together?

The 1/4 is going for £1200 upwards🤪

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

4 minutes ago, NGMD said:

I think if you can get one for that, you’d be doing very well. 500 made. 
I could glue a couple of coronation proof sovereigns in 70 slabs together?

The 1/4 is going for £1200 upwards🤪

Blimey, probably the only Charlie worth hoarding. 

28 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Maybe a Coronation struck on the day sovereign 😉. Third of the price (and yes, I’m biased, I have one for sale 🤣)

£385 Posted yeah?

2 hours ago, Kitalon said:

I've had an offer for £850 on the 1/4. Which I suppose is £100 more than it cost when released.

Funnily enough.. just seen one. Less than that.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

46 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Maybe a Coronation struck on the day sovereign 😉. Third of the price (and yes, I’m biased, I have one for sale 🤣)

I think these are the 22ct sovereign equivalent...
https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/coronation-sovereign/the-coronation-of-his-majesty-king-charles-iii-five-sovereign-piece-2023-brilliant-uncirculated-coin/

...Which are probably a lot better value in money for gold content.

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/gold-coins/2023-charles-coronation-5-gold/

I quite like this one, but not quite as much as it's 24ct counterpart. I really do like the 2023 KCIII Coronation Cypher bullion coins. I just wish that they did them in proof, I think they've missed a trick there because they'd have been stunning.

image.png.76ee6eb4d4652e4b3029dfd6b0524676.png

Edited by Kitalon

19 minutes ago, Kitalon said:

I think these are the 22ct sovereign equivalent...
https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/coronation-sovereign/the-coronation-of-his-majesty-king-charles-iii-five-sovereign-piece-2023-brilliant-uncirculated-coin/

...Which are probably a lot better value in money for gold content.

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/gold-coins/2023-charles-coronation-5-gold/

I quite like this one, but not quite as much as it's 24ct counterpart. I really do like the 2023 KCIII Coronation Cypher bullion coins. I just wish that they did them in proof, I think they've missed a trick there because they'd have been stunning.

image.png.76ee6eb4d4652e4b3029dfd6b0524676.png

Nah, day and night difference between the proof and Cypher.

-Royal Mint 2024