• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

47 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Unless you bank with nationwide and you can do all the checks and then they still block your card when you try to pay.. not always.. just sometimes. It’s part of the fun 😭😭

I have really given up on nationwide, blocks me every time no matter what so I buy it with my special foreign currency card from HSBC. No matter what happens with my regular account as that blocks sometimes it always goes through on the foreign currency card (global money account).

1 minute ago, tpcob303 said:

I have really given up on nationwide, blocks me every time no matter what so I buy it with my special foreign currency card from HSBC. No matter what happens with my regular account as that blocks sometimes it always goes through on the foreign currency card (global money account).

I feel your pain I had this with Halifax bank every single payment to the RM got stopped and froze my account.   

10 hours ago, goldhunter said:

How many George and Dragons do we need?

There are millions and millions of them on millions and millions of coins

This release is going to crash and burn.

Strictly for the collector, this will not be an investment opportunity. IMHO

Don’t think it will crash and burn but I don’t believe this will be a huge flipping opportunity either. Definitely a coin for the collectors with the potential of a small rise on RRP if the mintage is low.

My logic for this is pretty simple, Una at PF70 was going for £5k+ for the 2oz silver but that didn’t out value the original coins (obviously wasn’t even close). You can get an 1818 - 1820 crown in high grade from £1k and certainly a top example for £5k. I can’t see anybody paying silly amounts of money for a 2024 coin when you can buy an original example.

I am excited for this coin, will be interesting to see what RM have done with the design but if you buy as a collector then regardless of the secondary market you’ll be happy. How many of us received the Gothic Crown Reverse and thought this is a true work of art and RM had done an amazing job only for the secondary market to not really appreciate this design for numerous reasons.

2 hours ago, Paul said:

Who's buying nothing tomorrow??? 

I'll pass this one - but best of luck to everyone who is having a go at them :)

giphy.gif

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, SovereignBull said:

+me 😢 I’ll join the queue just to window shop! If it’s amazing I might decide there and then if I need to eat for the rest of the month!

You will queue and buy as you are told to do. Do not pass go and do spend £200+ as required. There will be no parousing. 

The 2oz silver proof coin will be the current day equivalent of Pistrucci’s iconic 1818 design for the George iii crown.  Whilst the George slaying the dragon  reverse is ‘commonplace’ for gold sovereigns, it definitely isn’t for silver coins, so I think that’s the most interesting one in the collection. 

1 hour ago, morrco said:

The 2oz silver proof coin will be the current day equivalent of Pistrucci’s iconic 1818 design for the George iii crown.  Whilst the George slaying the dragon  reverse is ‘commonplace’ for gold sovereigns, it definitely isn’t for silver coins, so I think that’s the most interesting one in the collection. 

I agree totally