• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When Silver blasts off through $50, what is better to own?

Divmad

https://kingworldnews.com/is-it-possible-silver-is-headed-to-700/

Going through $50 suggests to this well known silver bug that $700 is the ultimate target.

Now I am wondering what makes greater sense to own under these brave new world pricing targets: circulated silver coins bought around spot, or rare collectors' pieces at the top of the quality pyramid?

2 minutes ago, Divmad said:

Going through $50 suggests to this well known silver bug that $700 is the ultimate target.

Now I am wondering what makes greater sense to own under these brave new world pricing targets: circulated silver coins bought around spot, or rare collectors' pieces at the top of the quality pyramid?

I wouldn’t base any purchase decisions on a price target of $700 from KWN. I read the same articles in 2010-11, before coming to my senses.

Great post as $50 is my point to start selling. $200 is more probable IMO, but I cant see it staying there as so many powerful people need it for robotics, medicine, solar panels, weapons, spaceships - the list goes on. What to own?? Obviously capital gains need to be a priority as one tube of Brits could be at the limit if it gets that high. Owning mining stocks & even ETF physical would be the best thing to hold if its about making a profit? Personally im all in on KG's as I am fed up with coins milk spotting. Collecting the tudor beast proofs though.  :) 

I would rather buy gold personally because if silver is at $50 you can bet your bottom dollar that gold will be at $5,000. ;) Waiting for another gold sell off top 2021 levels, but I think I might be waiting a long time. always other things to buy in the meantime - I bought 2 bottles of Foursquare last night, am pondering on purchasing a pokemon pack & eying up the GDX and GDXJ. ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

1 hour ago, Divmad said:

When silver blasts through $50 on its way to the ultimate $700 target, it would probably be better to own a stocked up fortified bunker or at the very least, a cache of firearms and ammo because when that happens, good chance the s*** will have hit the fan.

If silver reaches these dizzy heights I will be booking my flight into space to celebrate.
Realising that this will never happen means silver will remain in the doldrums - so I believe.
I really..really want to be wrong !!

7 hours ago, Divmad said:

Clickbait

I'd definitely be a seller at $50 per oz assuming that it would equate to at least £35 per oz.

I would then just spend the proceeds, it's not going to make my fortune but it would give me a decent amount to splurge on either a holiday or something fun.

If it did go well over $50 I wouldn't have any significant seller's remorse, I'd just be happy to have more than doubled my money.

On 07/02/2023 at 21:47, DiegoMartin said:

This guy is drinking some serious hopium if he thinks he can predict the future price of silver by drawing some lines on a chart.

Someone please tell this to the monkeys who run world economies.

A drawing of a cat by an autistic child is a more useful tool for predicting commodity prices.

Well, who would have ever thought "back in the day" that gold would achieve such prices? I am sure that if the Internet had existed in the past, people would leave the same reactions on forums. 

I used to have all sorts of things. Rolexes, gold, old Jennings slot machines, Jubboxes and lots of pokemon cards. I kept selling everything only to then profit from profits. If I had kept everything I wouldn't have to work now.

The moment the money system fails - and it does - alternatives are always desired. Look at the absurd prices of bitcoin. The whole climate transition is only a few years old in the total time of the entire planet and the centuries that it will hopefully exist. And already it requires a lot of silver. What will it do in the future? And then climate is only 1 application of this precious metal.

My great- great- great grandfather once saved gold coins. I'm glad he did. There are still a few in the family. So if I no longer get to experience the price increases, then maybe my grandchildren or whoever comes after. I am sure they will be happier with physical silver than with bills or nickel coins.

Sequels it is up to this generation whether they sell it or not. Investing minimally now to cash in hugely later - which will happen - by me or by descendants already makes it all very exciting to me.

Edited by DutchSilverFinder

I have just discovered about silver stacking, so I can get bullion coins just incase I run into financial trouble when I become a pension in a few years. The rates may not rise but I have some sort of fall back plan.