• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How many forum members as percentage have been scammed by new sellers

Just now, Taikonaut said:

I don't know about new ebay sellers but I'm having difficulty getting my refund from an established ebayer "change-checker-com" Ian Paul Lambert. Maybe he is member here? I ordered a BBC Piedfort 50p on 10th October 2022 with estimated delivery 28th November but whether he got the coin from Royal Mint on time I do not know but I started contacteing selle for a refund at the beginning of this month, got a reply and asking me to ask ebay to step in. Why cant they just give me a refund? Anway the option to get ebay to step in returns an error message. Ilet ebay know what is happening an dbecause its passed 30 days from the estimated delivery its now in the goodwill of the seller to refund me🙄

I believe he's getting you to ask ebay to step in because..

Once he refunds at the bequest of ebay,then he's shielded from negative feedback?

If he refunds you of his own will,he may still be open for negative feedback. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Once he refunds at the bequest of ebay,then he's shielded from negative feedback?

Maybe. I'm not that petty, I just don't give any feedback at all. Last time I gave anyone a neg on ebay was almost 20yrs ago and I got a retaliatory one back. By hassling about with the refund it actually makes me want to give a less than postive feedback.

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

Should he have even listed an item that he did not have in his possession. 

If he did not have it in his possession, then unless he said this in his listing, then he deserves negative feedback. Do you not think?

Never Chase and Never Regret 

1 minute ago, Spyder said:

If he did not have it in his possession, then unless he said this in his listing, then he deserves negative feedback. Do you not think?

I think he deserves to be hung tbh. 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, Spyder said:

they do it all the time, on new RM Release day you will see dozens of stock photos of coins they have bought and sometimes delivery is months away, some mention they will post when in hand, others dont

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 minute ago, Gordy said:

they do it all the time, on new RM Release day you will see dozens of stock photos of coins they have bought and sometimes delivery is months away, some mention they will post when in hand, others dont

Why would anyone even buy from these people, it makes zero sense to me

I have noticed that Chris put a notice up telling anyone doing dealing with a certain person that I wont mention as others would have seen. So was this person a scammer and deceived a few as she was selling plenty of gold bars and it seems many were falling over themselves to buy

1 minute ago, Taikonaut said:

Is he a member on this forum?

Look in the members list to see if he is a member. If he is a business member, then he be easy to find

41 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

I don't know about new ebay sellers but I'm having difficulty getting my refund from an established ebayer "change-checker-com" Ian Paul Lambert. Maybe he is member here? I ordered a BBC Piedfort 50p on 10th October 2022 with estimated delivery 28th November but whether he got the coin from Royal Mint on time I do not know but I started contacteing selle for a refund at the beginning of this month, got a reply and asking me to ask ebay to step in. Why cant they just give me a refund? Anway the option to get ebay to step in returns an error message. Ilet ebay know what is happening an dbecause its passed 30 days from the estimated delivery its now in the goodwill of the seller to refund me🙄

Was your item ever marked as having been posted?  If not I'm sure there would be a reasonable case for you making a demand for ebay to step in regardless of it being more than 30 days after the delivery date, because if it hasn't been posted there is a clear argument that your seller has quite deliberately scammed you out of whatever you paid as he never posted it, and his refusal to make a simple direct refund is further proof of that.   If on the other hand the item has been posted and marked as such, and the seller can show proof of posting then the problem is quite a different one as it has clearly been lost in the post and you need to get the seller to take it up on your behalf with whatever courier he used as it remains his responsibility until placed into your hands.   If I was you I'd call ebay on the phone or use that callback function they have to outline the problem to them in full detail and hopefully get some help with it if the seller wont cooperate, although I suspect getting a favourable result will probably be a long shot.

41 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Edited by flyingveepixie

17 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Was your item ever marked as having been posted?  If not I'm sure there would be a reasonable case for you making a demand for ebay to step in regardless of it being more than 30 days after the delivery date, because if it hasn't been posted there is a clear argument that your seller has quite deliberately scammed you out of whatever you paid as he never posted it, and his refusal to make a simple direct refund is further proof of that.   If on the other hand the item has been posted and marked as such, and the seller can show proof of posting then the problem is quite a different one as it has clearly been lost in the post and you need to get the seller to take it up on your behalf with whatever courier he used as it remains his responsibility until placed into your hands.   If I was you I'd call ebay on the phone or use that callback function they have to outline the problem to them in full detail and hopefully get some help with it if the seller wont cooperate, although I suspect getting a favourable result will probably be a long shot.

Its never been posted. Seller reply acknowledge that, but I was suprise to be asked to get ebay to step in.

8 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

Its never been posted. Seller reply acknowledge that, but I was suprise to be asked to get ebay to step in.

OK.  That clarifies things.  I don't know what your seller is aiming for with this and I don't really understand his approach to be honest, but it looks like you now have no choice if he isn't going to issue the refund without a direct instruction  from ebay. 

If I was a really cynical person I'd be suspicious that he is banking on the fact that so much time has passed and ebay wont be willing to help you out because of that and he gets to keep your payment.

3 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

OK.  That clarifies things.  I don't know what your seller is aiming for with this and I don't really understand his approach to be honest, but it looks like you now have no choice if he isn't going to issue the refund without a direct instruction  from ebay. 

If I was a really cynical person I'd be suspicious that he is banking on the fact that so much time has passed and ebay wont be willing to help you out because of that and he gets to keep your payment.

Could it be that the said coin has gone up in price since listing and he is refusing to sell to try and get more in the future. Either way he is not an honest seller

53 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Because I spend most of my time at work doing very little I listen to many podcasts. One evening I decided to listen to Andrew Tate's hustlers university. This guy has (had) thousands of followers and he did 100 tips to get rich quick. Literally the 3rd item on the list was to get money in by selling items you haven't got and delay it but saying demand is high. The guy is the head of scumbags and basically promoting his con everywhere. 

I am a seller on eBay and noticed it's going downhill fast. The latest thing I am finding is winning bidders with zero feedback not paying so I miss out on any promotion I am using as have to re list. 

1 hour ago, Taikonaut said:

Just keep trying eBay. They normally jump in straight away for a buyer, whether they are in the right or not. Try the website?

On 05/01/2023 at 18:42, Spyder said:

Hello to all forum members

This is a general question "How many forum members have been scammed by a new forum member who has decided to sell metals they had?

I keep seeing as soon as someone registered on the forum, the first thing everyone says to them is "only buy from sellers with plenty of feedback".

Now how is a new seller supposed to get feedback if no one buys from them.

Trust is a two way street. 

Send us what you are selling and when it arrives we will pay you I am told.

I have put up three listing for what I can see is very fair prices and no one was willing to trust me and the people who will benefit is not forum members but dealers in Hatton Garden this weekend. I was willing to meet buyers and do cash on pickup and have even offered to swap where I would still be trusting someone else to send me their metals in exchange for mine. 

I have purposely not bumped any of my listing as it is pointless as new member. 

So I ask the question again "How many members have been scammed by a new seller"

Spyder

genuine question, why are you not bumping sales threads? you are potentially cutting out a fair percentage of the membership who for various reasons dont have paid membership.  all my purchases are when people either bumped or had a large enough volume of coins to sell to reach the free members.  its been a range of feedback scores from down in the low teens to up in the hundreds.  and before you ask, my reason for not paying is budget, i feel i dont have the funds to buy enough to warrant the savings over the year.

3 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

i think this guy Ian Paul Lambert has been getting a rubbish reputation on a lot of facebook groups over the last year or more.  I would need to double check but the name rings a bell, especially the looky likey trading name to piggyback onto changechecker.com

1 hour ago, bluffer said:

genuine question, why are you not bumping sales threads? you are potentially cutting out a fair percentage of the membership who for various reasons dont have paid membership.  all my purchases are when people either bumped or had a large enough volume of coins to sell to reach the free members.  its been a range of feedback scores from down in the low teens to up in the hundreds.  and before you ask, my reason for not paying is budget, i feel i dont have the funds to buy enough to warrant the savings over the year.

Hi bluffer, are you asking me why I'm I not bumping my own sales. If this is your question, then the answer is simple. I have nothing to sell at the moment.

I original put three listing up  to test the waters and quickly noticed that it was pointless at the time, as any interested buyer wanted items sent out first before payment. If I was going to make a lot more I might have considered it, but I was selling at close to spot and in the end took what I wanted to sell to Hatton Garden and got only only £20 less with no stress of things going missing in the post and cash in hand. I did offer cash on pick up but no one obliged or lived too far away.

I hope this has answered your question

On 13/01/2023 at 16:59, flyingveepixie said:

This is what I'm suspecting but he is a fool if think of swindling as his reputation is going dowing the gutter.

I got a ebay email from the seller today by the name of "Liz". She said that because of restriction placed on their account they cant refund me and that I should open a case with paypal. I opened a case with paypal, soon afterward ebay emailed me that because I've opened a case with paypal they decided to close my case with them.

Edited by Taikonaut

How many forum members as a  percentage have been scammed by new sellers ?

has it been answered yet 9 pages in .  . . . . . Certainly discussion is good but bulking this thread out on this subject heading could put any new members off just by it's size IMO and subject heading 

it's fractions of a fraction of a percent of people who have been scammed here out of tens of thousands of deals, as was shown on first couple of pages 

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

How many forum members as a  percentage have been scammed by new sellers ?

has it been answered yet 9 pages in .  . . . . . Certainly discussion is good but bulking this thread out on this subject heading could put any new members off just by it's size IMO and subject heading 

it's fractions of a fraction of a percent of people who have been scammed here out of tens of thousands of deals, as was shown on first couple of pages 

I had asked Chris ''How can I close this thread down?''  and was told I can not do it and that it stays in the archive. Very simple solution, If people stop adding to the thread, then it will disappear a few pages deep.

6 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I had asked Chris ''How can I close this thread down?''  and was told I can not do it and that it stays in the archive. Very simple solution, If people stop adding to the thread, then it will disappear a few pages deep.

It wasn't directed at yourself @Spyder. Just thought would be a good time to lock off the thread by a mod.

Any subject raised worthy of discussion further  feel free to make a separate thread for it , if it's not related scams here 

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/01/2023 at 10:22, LawrenceChard said:

I have never tried to sell anything on TSF.

As someone pointed out some time ago, I have 0 (ZERO) trading feedback, so who would risk paying me upfront for anything?

Besides, @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer might wonder what was going on.

It's a tough old life!

😎

Have you thought about sending the item first and only getting paid once the buyer receives it? That way you can build up your trader profile....if you need a vouch message me as I was very very happy with the 10oz coat arms I got from you....cheaper than the silver forum at the time.

41 minutes ago, spoon said:

Have you thought about sending the item first and only getting paid once the buyer receives it? That way you can build up your trader profile....if you need a vouch message me as I was very very happy with the 10oz coat arms I got from you....cheaper than the silver forum at the time.

so funny.... made me chuckle that one... 😂

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.