• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington and Byrne

Does anyone know if H&B are still doing their loss leader offer?  I miss cheap sovereigns! When was the last time they did this offer does anyone know? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Apmex100 said:

Does anyone know if H&B are still doing their loss leader offer?  I miss cheap sovereigns! When was the last time they did this offer does anyone know? 

Thanks

I think you need to rephrase your question:

Does anyone know if H&B are still doing their loss leader offer?  I miss cheap sovereign! When was the last time they did this offer does anyone know? 
😎

Chards

15 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

January 2022 my coin turned up, about 6 weeks after they cashed the cheque.

If Greta Thunberg saw the amount of paper marketing c**p they sent out she'd have a hissy. Can't these tosspots use email? 

"January 2022 my coin turned up, about 6 weeks after they cashed the cheque."

I believe they are normally quicker.

"If Greta Thunberg saw the amount of paper marketing c**p they sent out she'd have a hissy."

Reading that too quickly the first time, I misread it as "If Greta Thunberg saw the amount of paper marketing c**p they sent out she'd have a pussy."

"Can't these tosspots use email?"

Be careful what you wish for!

😎

Chards

4 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

I think you need to rephrase your question:

Does anyone know if H&B are still doing their loss leader offer?  I miss cheap sovereign! When was the last time they did this offer does anyone know? 
😎

Thanks…..

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

H&B offering a Memorial Sov for £389 delivered... got my letter today.

1 per household, order by post or phone. Doesn't appear to be available on their website.

Not sure it's enough cheaper, to go through the BS with their sales team.

Thanks for reminding me what we went through in late 2021 to get a sovereign at the 'loss-leader' price of £319. I sucked up their BS 'Best Support'! follow up, by describing in boring detail every sovereign in my collection with an air of superiority - soon got fed up with that!  Out of curiosity I checked out H&B's posh address in Mayfair. Its just a mail drop address with loads of others. Their actual location is somewhere on the south coast between Poole and Bournemouth with the rest of the Marketing mobsters!.....

35 minutes ago, Britannia47 said:

Thanks for reminding me what we went through in late 2021 to get a sovereign at the 'loss-leader' price of £319. I sucked up their BS 'Best Support'! follow up, by describing in boring detail every sovereign in my collection with an air of superiority - soon got fed up with that!  Out of curiosity I checked out H&B's posh address in Mayfair. Its just a mail drop address with loads of others. Their actual location is somewhere on the south coast between Poole and Bournemouth with the rest of the Marketing mobsters!.....

I know they get a hard time (possibly warranted) but I've bought their cheap sov every year since 2019, and 3 x 1/2 sovs that year too, well below the going rate.

Lots of junk mail followed, which makes great kindling... :)  Only one phone call, where I explained I had no interest in proofs, only bullion.

I've heard nothing from them for months now, thank the lord.  After buying their £319 sov in 2021 it took a visit to their website to alter my preferences (made no difference that) followed by a phone call to their marketing team to tell them to stop sending me junk mail in a fancy envelope with their logo emblazoned on it through the post every five minutes ( a security concern if ever there was one). That worked and they stopped sending stuff but they wouldn't desist from ringing me up every couple of months and the only way I could make them stop doing that was to block their number from my mobile. Thankfully I never gave them my landline number.

I wont be buying their £389 memorial sov, it's not worth the hassle.

1 hour ago, flyingveepixie said:

I've heard nothing from them for months now, thank the lord.  After buying their £319 sov in 2021 it took a visit to their website to alter my preferences (made no difference that) followed by a phone call to their marketing team to tell them to stop sending me junk mail in a fancy envelope with their logo emblazoned on it through the post every five minutes ( a security concern if ever there was one). That worked and they stopped sending stuff but they wouldn't desist from ringing me up every couple of months and the only way I could make them stop doing that was to block their number from my mobile. Thankfully I never gave them my landline number.

I wont be buying their £389 memorial sov, it's not worth the hassle.

With repesect you got a decent coin for a very good price in a quality capsule.  Surely a few letters is not such a pain. Telephone calls are another matter.  I wouldn't even give my number in the first place. 

21 minutes ago, pricha said:

With repesect you got a decent coin for a very good price in a quality capsule.  Surely a few letters is not such a pain. Telephone calls are another matter.  I wouldn't even give my number in the first place. 

Yes I did and I'd be happy enough with that but for the fact that I opted out of receiving any further marketing material from them right at the outset, and I know a lot of others did the same. Their attitude was that this was a rather inconvenient nuance which they chose to ignore and send me a load of spam on an almost weekly basis with their logo emblazoned in gold all over the very posh envelope, which I viewed as an open declaration to all and sundry that there might be some fancy bits and pieces worth a few bob stashed away here, and inviting every opportunist or pro burglar in the neighbourhood to come around to have a look at their leisure.  I was not amused and if they had honoured my original request not to bother me with their rubbish mailshots I would happily have purchased from them a second or third time but as things stand they have lost this particular customer thanks to their bad behaviour and uncouth marketing hustle.

Edited by flyingveepixie

They are never going to adhere to any marketing opt out in my opinion as there would be no point in losing money on a coin. The whole idea is to sell other stuff at extortionate prices.  If the buyer thinks they are "clever" enough to grab a bargain then isn't to unrealistic to expect a company to be "clever" enough to make money by other means ? 

As a postman I'm the only one who gets to see who receives these junk mailings. Oddly enough I know only one elderly lady who is actually a regular buyer from the company. I have thought of warning her not to pay over the odds but A . It's non of my business and B . I'm only a postman so what do I know ? So mind my own business 😆.