• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Best coin/s for physical recognition/exchange and 999 vs 9999 standards

Pilgrim

What's the better coin for someone to trust/recognise in a physical trade; a sovereign or a fractional 2021 or 22 britannia with it's anti forgery features?

Any thoughts on stacking 9999 over 999 in terms of future accepted standards?

Trying to decide what to buy on a low income so I can't spread out too much.

Thanks.

Probably best sticking with sovereigns for a few reasons, well known,can be purchased quite reasonably over spot and will sell in seconds on here if priced right..also liquidity,there's 100s of buyers waiting/can afford sovereigns compared to 10s of buyers waiting on 1oz coins.

As for three 9s vrs four 9s ? I honestly couldn't care less..its not like I'm going to eat them and might be allergic to the 0.1%😂😂 

As you are in the UK,probably best to build a stack of capital gains tax free gold though,sovereigns/britannias etc. Then when more established treat yourself to more exotic coins once in a while.

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Thanks for the reply and what about if I want to use them as money as well and not exchange it for fiat? same coins? I'm thinking the security features on the new britannias adds a bit of reasurrance for people who might not be as familiar with metal money although I agree soveriegns are well established as a coin generally.

Edited by Pilgrim

3 hours ago, James32 said:

As for three 9s vrs four 9s ? I honestly couldn't care less..its not like I'm going to eat them and might be allergic to the 1%😂😂 

0.1%?

😎

14 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

I am happy for you to use any gold coins as money if you buy from me. Unfortunately, i cannot give change and only accept them at face value....

I'll give double!

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

I am happy for you to use any gold coins as money if you buy from me. Unfortunately, i cannot give change and only accept them at face value....

Bless you for that, that's a marvellous thing you wrote 💎😃🙏💧✔️

Edited by Pilgrim

3 hours ago, Pilgrim said:

Thanks for the reply and what about if I want to use them as money as well and not exchange it for fiat? same coins? I'm thinking the security features on the new britannias adds a bit of reasurrance for people who might not be as familiar with metal money although I agree soveriegns are well established as a coin generally.

I get your point "but" I think we are a long way away from using gold coins as money. The cabal will try everything first..a financial reset, an electronic payment system? Unfortunately most people will follow without much choice. I suppose people in the know could accept gold as payment for things but you would be leaving awfully big tips🤣 example..say you had a job needing doing and the job cost's £1300? You hand me a 1oz gold coin worth £1550..chances are that I can't give you back metal as change. 

16 minutes ago, James32 said:

I get your point "but" I think we are a long way away from using gold coins as money. The cabal will try everything first..a financial reset, an electronic payment system? Unfortunately most people will follow without much choice. I suppose people in the know could accept gold as payment for things but you would be leaving awfully big tips🤣 example..say you had a job needing doing and the job cost's £1300? You hand me a 1oz gold coin worth £1550..chances are that I can't give you back metal as change. 

Silver brits will be fine for that .. 😉

5 minutes ago, Pilgrim said:

✔️ that was my thinking too 😁

So after a hard day's work I'm standing at your door arguing that you are only getting x amount of change..as I value my coins higher?😂😂

24 minutes ago, James32 said:

seems like they have a basket of nut case ideologies going right now but yes I hope you're right, I appreciate you're positivity it's most welcome

1 minute ago, Pilgrim said:

seems like they have a basket of nut case ideologies going right now but yes I hope you're right, I appreciate you're positivity it's most welcome

I definitely do see some kind of bartering with metals down the line though ( especially if we get a global banking scheme) people will want some of what they worked tirelessly for outside the system. 

3 minutes ago, James32 said:

I definitely do see some kind of bartering with metals down the line though ( especially if we get a global banking scheme) people will want some of what they worked tirelessly for outside the system. 

Indeed and it's nice to at least have some fixed unit of measure

31 minutes ago, James32 said:

In the case of anyone "in the know" I am sure you could come to some arrangement easily, be it silver, cash. I'd happily pay a bit of a premium to "newbie" for the fact of encouragement of sound money.

1 minute ago, ady said:

In the case of anyone "in the know" I am sure you could come to some arrangement easily, be it silver, cash. I'd happily pay a bit of a premium to "newbie" for the fact of encouragement of sound money.

Need any jobs doing 😁 open to most "not all" things

2 minutes ago, ady said:

We all know how tight you are, and have your stash down to the gram!

For the right amount of gold,I'm happy to be a French maid.

Just now, ady said:

Any good at hoovering😄

6 hours ago, James32 said:

Probably best sticking with sovereigns for a few reasons, well known,can be purchased quite reasonably over spot and will sell in seconds on here if priced right..also liquidity,there's 100s of buyers waiting/can afford sovereigns compared to 10s of buyers waiting on 1oz coins.

As for three 9s vrs four 9s ? I honestly couldn't care less..its not like I'm going to eat them and might be allergic to the 0.1%😂😂 

As you are in the UK,probably best to build a stack of capital gains tax free gold though,sovereigns/britannias etc. Then when more established treat yourself to more exotic coins once in a while.

You could watch hundreds of hours of YouTube research, read thousands of posts, or just do what @James32says, it will save you time and stress. 😂😂😂😂