• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Property Price Comparisons

We all know that Londoners can pay about £1m for a former council house 3 bed semi with bay windows in London.
By contrast in the north of Scotland you can get your own island including a large Manor House and other outbuildings ( not ruins ) for £1.75m

Worth watching the video and compare with a semi on the inner ring road.

https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbedruedr210035

2 hours ago, Pete said:

We all know that Londoners can pay about £1m for a former council house 3 bed semi with bay windows in London.
By contrast in the north of Scotland you can get your own island including a large Manor House and other outbuildings ( not ruins ) for £1.75m

Worth watching the video and compare with a semi on the inner ring road.

https://search.savills.com/property-detail/gbedruedr210035

You don't have to go to the far reaches of civilisation to get your own island including a large Manor House

0_escenic-33.jpg

Probably for a lot less.

😎

Chards

13 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

You don't have to go to the far reaches of civilisation to get your own island including a large Manor House

0_escenic-33.jpg

Probably for a lot less.

😎

See you are a savage!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

About this time last year I was considering investing in property for the sake of having a bolthole should the SHTF scenario ever arise. I became interested in a very attractive wreck of a detached house on the island of Barra.  It was coming up for auction and I had registered to bid for it without actually going to see it first as it was in need of more or less full renovation including a new roof so no survey required.  None of the work would have been beyond me given time and I was quite excited at the possibility of such an investment, although it would undoubtedly have been a very long project due to transportation costs for materials. Unfortunately it sold a couple of days before the auction due to someone making an acceptable cash offer - I didn't know you could do that at the time so lost out..🥴

Projected expectation of auction price for it was around £37 000 so I'm guessing the buyer probably got it for a little bit over that.

Edited by flyingveepixie

2 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

About this time last year I was considering investing in property for the sake of having a bolthole should the SHTF scenario ever arise. I became interested in a very attractive wreck of a detached house on the island of Barra.  It was coming up for auction and I had registered to bid for it without actually going to see it first as it was in need of more or less full renovation including a new roof so no survey required.  None of the work would have been beyond me given time and I was quite excited at the possibility of such an investment, although it would undoubtedly have been a very long project due to transportation costs for materials. Unfortunately it sold a couple of days before the auction due to someone making an acceptable cash offer - I didn't know you could do that at the time so lost out..🥴

Projected expectation of auction price for it was around £37 000 so I'm guessing the buyer probably got it for a little bit over that.

I would not be able to resist checking the land registry to find out - you can also check on zoopla and rightmove for sold prices a few months after properties sell

249, Bruernish, Isle Of Barra, Inverness-shire HS9 5UY

Unknown

£31,00023 Sep 2021

£67,50019 Jan 2017

No other historical records

Most houses I've been watching (in different areas) have been getting bid up to all kinds of prices especially the projects. That looks like an interesting lot and surprised it went below guide price 

19 minutes ago, modofantasma said:

249, Bruernish, Isle Of Barra, Inverness-shire HS9 5UY

Unknown

£31,00023 Sep 2021

£67,50019 Jan 2017

No other historical records

Most houses I've been watching (in different areas) have been getting bid up to all kinds of prices especially the projects. That looks like an interesting lot and surprised it went below guide price 

Ah yes, that makes it even worse...    I was all set up and ready to bid on it and would have probably went to the guide price at least but then got the email to say it had been sold.   Oh well...

1 minute ago, flyingveepixie said:

Ah yes, that makes it even worse...    I was all set up and ready to bid on it and would have probably went to the guide price at least but then got the email to say it had been sold.   Oh well...

It's not uncommon for speed to win a deal and to some sellers, there's value in being able to complete in a week or two. Nice find that 

On 24/06/2022 at 20:29, LawrenceChard said:

0_escenic-33.jpg

Probably for a lot less.

😎

It’s was valiant attempt at living on a flood plain. Alas all they have achieved is keeping the water in once the river gets its terrible back together 

• 3 months later...

i see this - i saw this coming but to be honest the inevitable has taken a lot longer to arrive than i expected.
The property market is almost the British economy these days.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 months later...
On 02/10/2022 at 15:09, sixgun said:

i see this - i saw this coming but to be honest the inevitable has taken a lot longer to arrive than i expected.

I fixed mine at 2.3 in 2018 I think for 5 years expecting it to rocket, but it went lower.
Shout out to @MancunianStacker who I had a lovely chat with in 2020
& assisted me (for free) after - knowlegable man & not woke. 

He correctly nailed that the interest rates would not go up & I got to the end of my term in perfect time.  
Im recouping my losses for not having a tracker now.
Lovely jubly - im 2% fixed for 10 years.  :) 

My property was worth £410k last year is ridiculous - stupid valuations, but I could have sold it at that. 
I bought it at £310 - so there is money in property at the right times. ;) 
£25K a year is not a silly amount if you can live elsewhere. 

Edited by Stacktastic

9 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I fixed mine at 2.3 in 2018 I think for 5 years expecting it to rocket, but it went lower.
Shout out to @MancunianStacker who I had a lovely chat with in 2020
& assisted me (for free) after - knowlegable man & not woke. 

He correctly nailed that the interest rates would not go up & I got to the end of my term in perfect time.  
Im recouping my losses for not having a tracker now.
Lovely jubly - im 2% fixed for 10 years.  :) 

My property was worth £410k last year is ridiculous - stupid valuations, but I could have sold it at that. 
I bought it at £310 - so there is money in property at the right times. ;) 
£25K a year is not a silly amount if you can live elsewhere. 

Thanks mate! I fixed for 10 years at 2.8% ish but that was 4 years ago now, hopefully inflation gets under control and with it interest rates by then. You got a cracking deal  at 2% 🤩 👏 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

On 02/10/2022 at 15:09, sixgun said:

See pages 54/55 of the recent Budget announcement where they are effectively bailing out your mortgages if you can claim benefits with only a 3 month wait to get the support, not 9 months now. Less repossessions are likely than first imagined. They know values will increase again in the medium-long term.

The rental system is going to get smashed though with 20% of households renting in the UK and no incentives for private landlords to continue, so more property on the market for FTBs I guess but those who have no deposit or really bad credit could end up homeless if the landlords continue to be vilified.

A right mess by subsequent Govts from both parties, which I’m guessing will only get worse in 2 years time 😬 

3 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

See pages 54/55 of the recent Budget announcement where they are effectively bailing out your mortgages if you can claim benefits with only a 3 month wait to get the support, not 9 months now. Less repossessions are likely than first imagined. They know values will increase again in the medium-long term.

It's a loan to pay another loan. It will give a few people a breathing space. You can still get overwhelmed with a rising cost of living and rising mortgages payments. There will be some people who survive and are locked into low rates but when things are turning sour for enough people you get a property slump.

HM Government is bankrupt so there certainly isn't the money to bail out the mortgage market. The increased taxes on landlords is very short sighted. If i had property i was renting out right now i would be out, indeed i would have got out a little while ago. The economic outlook for Europe and the UK is not good. It really is not good at all. Like economic collapse - long term collapse. Own your own home. Get rid of any mortgages and debts as much as you can. Maybe think about selling up and renting. i know of someone who deliberately doesn't own a house and is invested in precious metal b/c he firmly believes property values will go down whilst the purchasing value of precious metals will rise significantly. This isn't me, i own outright and have no debt. i am alright as i am but if i can recover all that precious metals from the bottom of the sea after my tragic boating accident, i will be able to buy a street of houses one day. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 hours ago, sixgun said:

if i can recover all that precious metals from the bottom of the sea after my tragic boating accident, i will be able to buy a street of houses one day. 

😂 Indeed!

On my 3 BTLs I’ve managed to lock in 5 year fixed rates before Truss, so I’m good for now. Rents have gone from £500pm for a 2 bed to £850pm, but the tax is ball ache. Really the profit comes upon sale and capital appreciation not the rental income. Paying tax on the Turnover not the profit is the only business in the UK that suffers in, but then it also brings in about £9Billion in tax for HMRC. Less landlords will mean less tax for HMRC, so screwing over the landlords will screw over HMRC/Govt in the same strike.

I definitely see a housing crisis coming and renters will find it even harder now to save for that deposit. It’s a real shame.

BTL is my pension fund as is PMs.

On 03/12/2022 at 15:43, sixgun said:

It's a loan to pay another loan. It will give a few people a breathing space. You can still get overwhelmed with a rising cost of living and rising mortgages payments. There will be some people who survive and are locked into low rates but when things are turning sour for enough people you get a property slump.

HM Government is bankrupt so there certainly isn't the money to bail out the mortgage market. The increased taxes on landlords is very short sighted. If i had property i was renting out right now i would be out, indeed i would have got out a little while ago. The economic outlook for Europe and the UK is not good. It really is not good at all. Like economic collapse - long term collapse. Own your own home. Get rid of any mortgages and debts as much as you can. Maybe think about selling up and renting. i know of someone who deliberately doesn't own a house and is invested in precious metal b/c he firmly believes property values will go down whilst the purchasing value of precious metals will rise significantly. This isn't me, i own outright and have no debt. i am alright as i am but if i can recover all that precious metals from the bottom of the sea after my tragic boating accident, i will be able to buy a street of houses one day. 

Was listening to a podcast yesterday. Guys  take is all the central banks are currently insolvent and that a reset will come overnight after they close all world banks. In comes CBDC . The small man will be able to exchange all currency he has 1 for 1 and will probably get a few grand sweetener on top. Any debt (mortgage) you hold will rapidly become worthless as no one will want the old currency. There would be no point swapping all old for new as they would be back to square one again. Some concessions would be made to avoid rioting in the streets.  Banks and national debts would  effectively be written off. I am not saying I totally agree with this view. banks usually want their pound of flesh and screw the man in the street. However can they have their cake and eat it?. Perhaps they will enforce a partial claim on personal debt, say 25% and write of their own and nations debts only. The next couple of years are going to pivotal in how this unpacks. I believe the plans are already in place for a reset, it’s the crucial detail and timings that we don’t fully know. 
I suppose the point I am trying to make is it’s not clear cut and very few people know for sure the exact detail. Getting rid of debt is sound advice   In almost all circumstances however this could be one occasion where holding debt would be of benefit.

Edited by Stu

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

2 hours ago, Stu said:

Was listening to a podcast yesterday. Guys  take is all the central banks are currently insolvent and that a reset will come overnight after they close all world banks. In comes CBDC . 

i don't believe the guy speaking whoever he is, knows the first thing. 
There is a lot of hype in the alt media about CBDC's. i see most of this as click bait BS. They make out they know stuff when they know nothing.

Here is an article on CBDC's - when you read through you can see that CBDC's are an idea. The 'elite' know the Western financial system will at some point collapse and they are despirate to hold onto power. Desperate to steal everything from everyone so they don't lose out for the mess they have made. CBDC's are an idea floated as they frantically try to find a solution. CBDC's are nowhere near implementation. 

https://www.blockdata.tech/blog/general/the-state-of-cbdcs-in-2022

Where is the infrastructure for the switch to CBDC's? It is like the nonsense the politicians come out with about EV's. No more petrol/diesel cars after 2030. They have promised they will reduce carbon emissions by a certain amount. That there is no global warming and carbon dioxide cannot cause global warming doesn't seem to matter. They make a promise based on a cult agenda and decide in order to meet those promises all cars will have to be EV's. But where are the charging points? Where are the EV's? There aren't the rare earths in existence to make all the replacement cars. Where is the electricity coming from? One presumes this is meant to be 'Green Energy' except it doesn't work. It's a nonsense idea which will unravel. The same with the CBDC's. There is a world of cash out there. The majority of transactions in Germany are cash. i suspect the majority are cash in Spain, where i am. So overnight all the cash is going to be nulled out? The Deep State is cash - cash for wars, cash for drugs, cash for crime, cash for bribes. Pallet loads of cash.

The Western financial system runs on the dollar. The US came off the gold standard in 1971 and went full fiat. Trillions upon trillions of USD have been created since then. There are many, many times more than is realised. There is the whole Euro-dollar system which no-one really knows how big it is. There are 100's upon 100's of trillions of dollars. So somehow this is all going to be nulled out? 

So all the government bonds are going to be cancelled? Bonds are government debt. Pensions are heavily invested in government bonds. Suddenly people's pension pots are gone. The pensions they were drawing are gone. Mortgages are in effect cancelled out? Do you imagine the banks are agreeable to that? Everyone's savings would be gone. Remember there is bank bail in legislation on the books. There would be in effect massive confiscation of all financial property. The idea this is the solution is mad. It is likely a collapse will happen but as a solution?

No-one knows what is going to happen with the mess in the West however much they might try to make out they do. The real Great Reset is the death of the dollar and the emergence of the multi-polar world. Asset backed currencies - the BRICS asset backed currency. So Western central banks will issue digital currencies - great but why should the Global South accept these digits? The West is bankrupt. The Great Reset is the Western empire collapsing. Third World status. Keep stacking b/c this is your parachute.

Cookies & terms of service

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies and to our Privacy Policy & Terms of Use