• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

114 available apparently.

How bizarre. Perhaps people had buyers regret yesterday, or, the RM are just all over the place.

I got a despatch for mine about an hour after I ordered yesterday, I am hoping these were coins reserved for replacements and not returns, that or re-strikes anyway.

Have received no confirmation of my purchases yesterday & nothing's showing in open orders? But money has been taken from my bank account. Anyone else in same boat & should I be concerned?

Just now, JTerry3 said:

Have received no confirmation of my purchases yesterday & nothing's showing in open orders? But money has been taken from my bank account. Anyone else in same boat & should I be concerned?

Nah they put a reserve on straight away, if they don't ship for a while the reserve will drop after 5 days.  

8 minutes ago, JTerry3 said:

I didn't get a confirmation email. But I did receive a dispatch email about an hour ago. I am sure it will be fine.

2 hours ago, NewCoins said:

I didn't get a confirmation email. But I did receive a dispatch email about an hour ago. I am sure it will be fine.

Well just called them up & apparently my orders didn't go through. 😕

I thought I was fine since the money had been taken but nope. Bloody 2nd market for me too now.

16 minutes ago, JTerry3 said:

Well just called them up & apparently my orders didn't go through. 😕

I thought I was fine since the money had been taken but nope. Bloody 2nd market for me too now.

There is someone selling the 1oz & 2oz silvers in the UK ungraded section

Also see the 5oz is in stock again https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/british-monarchs/king-james-i/british-monarchs-king-james-i-2022-5oz-silver-proof-coin/

Edited by Orpster

20 minutes ago, Orpster said:

There is someone selling the 1oz & 2oz silvers in the UK ungraded section

Also see the 5oz is in stock again https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/british-monarchs/king-james-i/british-monarchs-king-james-i-2022-5oz-silver-proof-coin/

Thanks, I've messaged him but it's still at an inflated price unfortunately.

8 minutes ago, Orpster said:

I have managed to order the 5oz, but the email states:

image.png.ba8031d63073f5f866e6d0c1dec385a3.png

If I do get it, I will let you have the 1oz I ordered at cost (plus postage of course).

That's very generous of you. Cheers! 😀

Just now, JTerry3 said:

That's very generous of you. Cheers! 😀

Your welcome mate, I would not have ordered the 1oz if I had known I would get the 5 but as it is already showing as despatched too late to cancel it.  would hope its for you to keep and not flip of course :)

Just now, Orpster said:

Your welcome mate, I would not have ordered the 1oz if I had known I would get the 5 but as it is already showing as despatched too late to cancel it.  would hope its for you to keep and not flip of course :)

It's definitely to keep. I collect both historical & modern RM coins & know I'm going to be collecting this whole series so would be nice to not have to pay 2nd hand prices for every release! Thanks again. Just message me whenever your ready to conclude things. 😇

On 25/03/2022 at 21:30, SilverDrum said:

Well i can't wait for the queue moan, the sold out moan, the dealers have got some for above rrp moan, waiting for 6 months for the coin to arrive moan, and finally the QC moan. 

Spot the odd one out above. Every point is justified but one. 

You missed the "my coins disappeared from my basket whilst I was trying to pay" moan - yep, both my 2oz and 5oz silvers gone whilst I was jumping through the new security confirmation hoops set up by my blinking bank. Very annoying especially as I was right at the front of the queue

4 hours ago, NewCoins said:

114 available apparently.

How bizarre. Perhaps people had buyers regret yesterday, or, the RM are just all over the place.

Or maybe these are all the returns for QC issues.  The RM took out some polishing paste and a cloth, fixed the coins as best they could, and then put them back in the capsules.  Voila!  More inventory!

5 minutes ago, MarkV said:

You missed the "my coins disappeared from my basket whilst I was trying to pay" moan - yep, both my 2oz and 5oz silvers gone whilst I was jumping through the new security confirmation hoops set up by my blinking bank. Very annoying especially as I was right at the front of the queue

Oh Oh I have one too, when checkout takes you back to the basket page and you keep checking out not realising its charging your credit card each time till it's maxed out and you end up with charges on your card that dont drop for 5 days and still no coins, had that for the Henry release

6 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Oh Oh I have one too, when checkout takes you back to the basket page and you keep checking out not realising its charging your credit card each time till it's maxed out and you end up with charges on your card that dont drop for 5 days and still no coins, had that for the Henry release

Yep, that horrible feeling when it says processing payment just to take you back to the proceed to payment page in your basket. It's so shoddy, as if they don't have enough money to invest in a proper checkout system that reserves coins in your basket and allows you a bit of time to checkout! Along with all the ongoing QC issues I'm seriously considering jacking in buying anything from RM