• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

Just now, modofantasma said:

Thanks mate 👍🏼 There was a Gazette notice for it in July I think. We should be due a notice for the 4th bullion one soon I reckon that should be later in 2023 too 🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮🐮

Will it be the Hairy Hog of Hull do you know?

10 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I wonder if the reverse proof set will be back up to 1000 or will remain at 500? I do think it's a collection with a bit of potential

I suspect they’ll keep it lower than 1000. The Seynour Panther and Lion of England were both 1000 and haven’t sold out yet. Only the Yale of Beaufort which had the 500 mintage has sold out.

They may try to find some sweet spot at 750. 😋 

On 20/02/2023 at 09:39, westminstrel said:

I suspect they’ll keep it lower than 1000. The Seynour Panther and Lion of England were both 1000 and haven’t sold out yet. Only the Yale of Beaufort which had the 500 mintage has sold out.

They may try to find some sweet spot at 750. 😋 

I just wish they had done a subscription for these, it would be pretty grim to miss one, though I guess the relative lack of popularity is in my favour....would also have been nice to get a free box 🤣

Edited by apachebleu

1 hour ago, apachebleu said:

I just wish they had done a subscription for these, it would be pretty grim to miss one, though I guess the relative lack of popularity is in my favour....would also have been nice to get a free box 🤣

Oh gee yes I totally agree. A subscription on the reverse proofs would’ve been terrific - would have taken the stress out of trying to obtain each one on release day, and the elusive box would’ve been the Cherry on top (although would we need a special box to showcase 20 coins?) 😀

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Oh gee yes I totally agree. A subscription on the reverse proofs would’ve been terrific - would have taken the stress out of trying to obtain each one on release day, and the elusive box would’ve been the Cherry on top (although would we need a special box to showcase 20 coins?) 😀

We don't need it but we want it!!

FREE!!!

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Ahh you see maybe they know there will be a Completer and they don't want to spoil the surprise by issuing an 11 coin box! 

26 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Ahh you see maybe they know there will be a Completer and they don't want to spoil the surprise by issuing an 11 coin box! 

Whether or not they give it that much thought but something I considered was that there could be an insert in the box like 2 trays, maybe 2 layers of 5 coins but for the release of the completer it comes with a tray that you swap in....

They could even release it early but with only 1 out of 2 trays so people wouldn't know until mid way. 

1 hour ago, modofantasma said:

Whether or not they give it that much thought but something I considered was that there could be an insert in the box like 2 trays, maybe 2 layers of 5 coins but for the release of the completer it comes with a tray that you swap in....

They could even release it early but with only 1 out of 2 trays so people wouldn't know until mid way. 

Possibly, I have a couple of the boxes from the mint for coins, they are actually pretty nice and they have removable inserts so it could be done.

However, if we are being realistic we all know they messed up and offered something they couldn't deliver especially given a Completer that didn't fit in the box would make a mockery of the whole thing.

The launch of this series has been bizarre. Between the missing boxes, changeable mintages, being able to order the series for some but not others and the bullion release schedule being different to the proofs I suspect they are winging it. 

It will be worth it in the end though to have this set

TB Lion was a disappointment IMO. The TB Yale was better. Here’s me hoping they don’t butcher the Bull design as the QB version was magnificent. 

I had a hunch it would actually be the Dragon or Seymour next but I was wrong. 

39 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

TB Lion was a disappointment IMO. The TB Yale was better. Here’s me hoping they don’t butcher the Bull design as the QB version was magnificent. 

I had a hunch it would actually be the Dragon or Seymour next but I was wrong. 

Agreed. The lion looked way too cartoonish.