• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Great Engravers - Gothic Crown - Sneak Preview?

Well I've heard different from friends who have AC'Manergers....but I don't Believe anything that I can't confirm myself...all I can say is that when I watch certain videos on YOUTUBE....by established dealers.....they always seem to aquire all the new releases from the RM!!! before anyone else???? 

12 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

No they don’t, I have one and get no big favours. The A.M don’t tip me off on releases or help me reserve any coin. It’s genuinely first come first served, in fact I’m rather annoyed about it having spent so much with them. I’ve had to buy on the secondary market as much as the next bloke. Feel free to spend £50k online and find out for yourselves 😉 

ha! having witnessed your wonderful tones your you tube channel me old mate, the royal mint like to us southerners who talk like we have plums in our gob and you may get better treatment. only joking do like ya vids though mate, I will subscribe if your a city fan ;) keep up the good work buddy!

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I'm a Southerner..from the East end of London...I only say what I feel...go with my gut if that upsets people so be it..I'm not changing for anyone.. I never intend to be rude or disrespectful to others.. we all have different opinions,views..I always go with my gut just the way I am...love me or hate me..makes know difference to me...I'm true to myself..and that's the only thing that is important....🙂

12 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

I'm a Southerner..from the East end of London...I only say what I feel...go with my gut if that upsets people so be it..I'm not changing for anyone.. I never intend to be rude or disrespectful to others.. we all have different opinions,views..I always go with my gut just the way I am...love me or hate me..makes know difference to me...I'm true to myself..and that's the only thing that is important....🙂

We all cant be everyones cup of tea - its the beauty of being human. Gaaaawwed bless ya guvvvnaaaarr!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

32 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

ha! having witnessed your wonderful tones your you tube channel me old mate, the royal mint like to us southerners who talk like we have plums in our gob and you may get better treatment. only joking do like ya vids though mate, I will subscribe if your a city fan ;) keep up the good work buddy!

Sorry I’m the red side, born close to Newton Heath where the club was born before it moved to Old Trafford. Now City’s home is close to Newton Heath 🤷‍♂️ 

You can still subscribe though 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

Sorry I’m the red side, born close to Newton Heath where the club was born before it moved to Old Trafford. Now City’s home is close to Newton Heath 🤷‍♂️ 

Oh thanks,so kind of you🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

And Life on Mars 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

You sir have gone slightly down in my estimations 😁 my father used to take me to maine road, between there and edgar st, may want to google the latter. Ronnie radford etc etc. I may subscribe to your channel just out of sympathy and care in the community to a united fan :). My dad was a devout city and Im just a mongrel mancunian blue blood and brummie blood born in hereford.  

4 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

You been watching the Sweeny!!

I was more of minder fan - down the winchester club for a shandy or 34. or this time Rodders...... we'll be millionaires - when hyperinflation kicks in!

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I was more of minder fan - down the winchester club for a shandy or 34. or this time Rodders...... we'll be millionaires - when hyperinflation kicks in!

Gone down in your estimations??? Oh well I can live with that...but don't understand why? Not that I will lose a night's sleep..After all this is a forum about PM's......not the North and South of the UK...😲😲😲😲😲😲

7 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Gone down in your estimations??? Oh well I can live with that...but don't understand why? Not that I will lose a night's sleep..After all this is a forum about PM's......not the North and South of the UK...😲😲😲😲😲😲

I was talking to mancuinan stacker about being the red side of manchester and only footaball bants! relax!

Just now, HerefordBullyun said:

I was talking to maniciun stacker about being the red side of manchester and only footabll bants! relax!

OK.. well you should use the quote option...would make conversations more understandable my friend....

2 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

OK.. well you should use the quote option...would make conversations more understandable my friend....

I did like i just have now.... maybe your UI is broken on the forum :) Happy stacking!

7 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I was talking to mancuinan stacker about being the red side of manchester and only footaball bants! relax!

Yep, never mind north and south, it’s red or blue that’s the main point in Manchester. Wouldn’t pee on a Blue if he was on fire 🤣 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

12 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

You can't really expect silver coins to retain full brilliant lustre for over 170 years.

The reason for the lack of proof finish is because most were struck in non-proof finish.

There were proof versions of the 1847, in gold and in silver, both very rare.

The 1853 coins were only struck as proofs and are rarer than the 1847s.

The 1853 crown must be as rare as hens teeth, you never hear them mentioned. 

Yes silver certainly doesn't age as well as gold but you definitely have to pay the price for it, also it doesn't help that the Victorians used coins as jewellery to show off their wealth, very expensive bling nowadays 😀

For the next engravers I would narrow it down by saying it has to be a Wyon or Pistrucci creation, so would hazard a guess at the Victoria coronation medal.

47 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

... or a little darker:

2021gothicelizabethiiiMOCKUPmorepunch.thumb.jpg.2f788e9ec5eb8040822a65882688a0a3.jpg

?

It's a shame QEII hasn't gone back to a fuller effigy as opposed the the Big Giant Head (name that show) over the years. I understand that a full neck and shoulders may not be entirely flattering for a lady in more advanced years but it would (in my opinion) be better on a coin. It would be more appropriate for a gothic crown recreation for sure.

Lawrence, you could show off your Photoshop skills now and create one 😜

10 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

It's a shame QEII hasn't gone back to a fuller effigy as opposed the the Big Giant Head (name that show) over the years. I understand that a full neck and shoulders may not be entirely flattering for a lady in more advanced years but it would (in my opinion) be better on a coin. It would be more appropriate for a gothic crown recreation for sure.

Lawrence, you could show off your Photoshop skills now and create one 😜

My Photoshop skills are very basic, which is why most of our coin photos are done by Doug.

He did come up with a more Gothic look:

2021gothicelizabethiiiMOCKUPmoregoththangothic.thumb.jpg.6c1eb367a12f49036e50901091efea5e.jpg

It would look good in a Premium Uncirculated version, or for short:

PUnc

🙂

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

My Photoshop skills are very basic, which is why most of our coin photos are done by Doug.

He did come up with a more Gothic look:

2021gothicelizabethiiiMOCKUPmoregoththangothic.thumb.jpg.6c1eb367a12f49036e50901091efea5e.jpg

It would look good in a Premium Uncirculated version, or for short:

PUnc

🙂

Could you add a nose stud and some black eye liner…