• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

post-207-0-87089300-1441725800_thumb.jpg post-207-0-76266500-1441725817_thumb.jpg[

Not a coin but a 0.999 round/medallion by Satosan Metals (..that's a newly discovered one for me)..he also has a few other well-designed products. Quite refreshing to see a company (?person) putting out such a high quality product, and yet who has not become greedy. For the typical cost that I would pay in $US for a coin of a similar mintage from one of the more obscur countries (ie the various island in Oceana, Africa and the "- Stans" , Mongolia etc.) , I was able to purchase two of these with all-in costs (shipping, and a ~35% US to CDN dollar exchange) for a similar cost in $CDN ! I also like the idea of supporting this kind of story (private, low mintage, non-exorbitant prricing) .

Cheers,
Luker

http://satosanmetals.com/product/satosanmetals-1oz-poured-silver-carolina-58s/
http://www.ebay.ca/sch/satosanmetals-2009/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

p.s. the mintage of this will be limited to a maximum of 1000 (one thousand)post-207-0-71357100-1441725834_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luker2

I'm surprised you've not had a knock on the door yet from the CIA or FBI, wondering why all the US gold is suddenly disappearing across the pond :P

You must have some collection now :D

It's not as big as my Britannia or Libertad collection but it's getting there...

Bought 3 Sovs from HGM (over 3 different days and 3 different prices..) should be getting 1871 1898 and 1899 tomorrow .

Nice buys, I'm thinking about buying old Mexican coins just the bullion ones just because I like them.

It would be nice if HGM got them in a bit more often.   

Edited by Pipers

US_5dollar_liberty1789-1989.gif

It was a modern $5 that HGM had earlier today like these

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%245+gold+commemorative+coins&biw=1920&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMIssqH3_DsxwIVRoHbCh3TtQF4

Gross Weight: 8.359g
Fineness: 0.900
Fine Content: 7.53g

Diameter: 21.6mm

These coins were first produced in 1986 and continue to the present day to commemorate various events. 

1987 Bicentennial 
1988 Seoul Olympics 
1989 Congress Bicentennial
1991 Mt Rushmore Anniversary 
1994 World Cup(Trophy) 
2006 San Fran Quake Cent. 
2007 Jamestown 400th Anniversary 

I like to think of them as USA soverign as they are very close to same weight

Edited by Paul

Sorry guys just got back to the PC, 

the receipt states  and that was what it was sold as the com was sold earlier.

USA - $5 Half Eagle - Liberty Type

The weight 

was around 8g

Cost £179

If it turns out to be a modern version as the old ones would of been 2.5g (I think) then I have bought bullion far enough and as I am keeping the coins for 20 years we will see how it goes.   

Sorry guys just got back to the PC,

the receipt states and that was what it was sold as the com was sold earlier.

USA - $5 Half Eagle - Liberty Type

The weight

was around 8g

Cost £179

If it turns out to be a modern version as the old ones would of been 2.5g (I think) then I have bought bullion far enough and as I am keeping the coins for 20 years we will see how it goes.

A half eagle will be pre33 Liberty head or Indian head. It will not be a modern commemorative if described as a half eagle.

179 is a great price for a half eagle.

Yeah I saw that too paul. It did say modern.

Today I bought an expensive 1 oz silver proof year of the monkey direct from the royal mint. Waste of money probably, but I have the other two years so why not.

Mintage 5,888 so 4000 less than Year of the Sheep, 3000 less than year of the horse, but don't get excited by that. I think this series has flopped looking at the new design, and the fact the year of the sheep ones are still in stock. 

£82.50 for an ounce of silver worth £9.22. I must be mad.  :wacko:

At this rate I may as well get myself a gold kilo one for £42,500. Absolute bargain  :lol: