• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

A 1908 Indian Head gold $5. Been after one for a while, so time well spent on the Bay today. More expensive than a sovereign based on fine weight, but such a nice design. Around £295 delivered to US. Will pick up in a few weeks.

Great choice. Bought a 1908 and 1909 in the last month. They seem to be expensive as you say for gold weight.

I'm bored of waiting for the new releases and the FED will have to tell the world soon that interest rates won't be going up this month so I've put in a little order for the little coins I didn't have.  1/2oz koalas 1/2oz goats plus some other odds, sods and tube fillers.

This time last year i'd had delivery of my 2015 lunars.. Not sure why they are later this year

Bought a couple of the new £20 coins from the Royal mint. Took ages online trying to get through and gave up being on hold on the phone. Could have bought three and saved on the postage but only wanted two.

MickB I thought the postage was £0 ... it was for my Chruchills last month.

Are they gouging postage for this new Queen, or just for the first orders?

if I had of bought three of them it would have been free delivery, DRooster. Think free delivery starts at purchases over £50

Great choice. Bought a 1908 and 1909 in the last month. They seem to be expensive as you say for gold weight.

Numi - I see that a small date run to 1916 would be possible...but it gets a bit tricky with 1929! Are you trying for that set? I see the New Orleans and San Fran marks take a premium also. This is one coin that I don't mind that the design stayed the same, as it's so unique! Shame that most sellers are (obviously) US-based, but I also see a few German sellers on the Bay that I think you may also frequent!

Numi - I see that a small date run to 1916 would be possible...but it gets a bit tricky with 1929! Are you trying for that set? I see the New Orleans and San Fran marks take a premium also. This is one coin that I don't mind that the design stayed the same, as it's so unique! Shame that most sellers are (obviously) US-based, but I also see a few German sellers on the Bay that I think you may also frequent!

Many USA coin prices are well out of almost all leagues. To buy into Charlotte Carson etc so I am happy to buy ordinary but in the best condition I can find. I actually prefer the liberty to the Indian $5 but I like the Indian $10. The problem seems to be finding them.

094270799877bd07826702e2427e827e.jpg

44fe49360d11fa421c09cfac5041fc78.jpg

Bought another $5 this time in the USA so have to work out where to get it delivered...boring I know but I like them..m

810548145c06a0053f28438ff759e762.jpg

dc949191d87010cf5c971fe06ba95213.jpg

Edited by Guest

Numi - I like the Eagle - but not the Liberty head design, I have to say I greatly prefer the Indian head design ( expensive though it is)...

You obviously like the Liberty design!

I like the earlier designs but anything earlier than the liberty head is way out of my budget. As you know I like the Indian too ))

Love that 1901 Numi,

but someone's been at the head with a tiny woodpecker.

Wonder what made those marks?

All of the marks look like coin bag marks from many years ago.

Just managed to score one of the Casa de Moneda Bank staff sets containing the reverse proof proof and by 1oz Libertad... Will have it sent to Florida and pick it up in October.

151799508ee522b56ea9a00bdb2961fd.jpg

I wouldn't mind a set. How much for one if you don't mind me asking?

One went on eBay for $580 this week. I paid $412 as my contact managed to get some from the mint direct and I was offered. I expect very few to sell under $600 and would not be surprised to see up to $900.

Graded 70 2 coin sets are selling at 1,900$!!!

Has anyone used www.icollector.com? They seem to run a steady stream of auctions and give access to local Canada and USA auctions?

I tried it out for the first time and picked up a lithograph and this $5 note which I thought was cool.

a6164c5546fc9c85f1ea9dfc58b05e8f.jpg

ad625b486be49040b1de70e2cd8026a3.jpg

Hammer price was £27.11 plus buyers premium and postage. Looking on eBay it seems about the going rate.

I've used icollector before, but generally I've found stuff I'm interested in cheaper elsewhere.

Premiums on auctions have gone up in general over the years.

I think the premiums are too high the exception is greatcollections.com which is 10%.

Most of what was sold was junk.