• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

sometimes I can't work dealers out. today I saw my local coin guy.He had a load of bullion sovs in. Marked up at £220 or £195 to me. Said that was a little high for me currently. Asked how much was the half sov he had. £90 so I took it. Then on the off chance passed a cash for gold kiosk. They had a few sovs and a half sov in the window. Price £195 each. How much for the half sov. Oh I'll do that for £90. Bought it. So I was offered sovs in two places for £195 but managed to buy two halves (a 1912 and a 1982) for £180 . The mind boggles

So I can't resist asking Numi - are you going to waste £30 grading your 2015 proof? Just teasing.....

Yes )) a 2014 proof pf70 is $800+ and a Pf69 is $600 raw is $444

So the grading & slabbing almost always increases their value?

Who buys the resulting slabbed graded coins?

I have sold many slabbed coins and have never found a problem selling. In the USA most collectors will pay a large premium for perfect modern coins and older coins have a massive database of price/value relating to every nuance of grade. Don't forget CAC for USA coins as this sticker can add good extra value to a coin.

I would love some silver bars but cant bring myself to pay the taxes. 

A 1kg Cook Islands Bar is about £5 more than a 1kg Koala and more or less the same price as a 1kg Lunar 2/Kookaburra

I have an irregular pursuit and that is to fill the gaps in my slabbed Panda silver collection from 2001 to date every year and as many pre-2001 as I can.

I bought this 2011 on greatcollections.com for $35.61 (£22.97) including USA postage and 10% buyers premium. One down and a few more to go.

2015-09-21_16-19-42.png

I have an irregular pursuit and that is to fill the gaps in my slabbed Panda silver collection from 2001 to date every year and as many pre-2001 as I can.

I bought this 2011 on greatcollections.com for $35.61 (£22.97) including USA postage and 10% buyers premium. One down and a few more to go.

2015-09-21_16-19-42.png

What years are you after? and what grade?

I have a few to spare