• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Yesterday, trying to catch the lower $ prices by buying in the US. 

A 1 ounce gold IOM Noble.  

A 1 ounce platinum IOM Noble. 

A 1 ounce palladium Canadian Maple. 

Two sealed 10 oz silver Asahi bars.  Asahi took over the Johnson Matthey PM operations, -and the bars look good, especially as this  is the inaugural year.  

Thinking about another batch of gold 1/4 QBs.  Still over 480 available at Pinehurst today..,,then that's them gone.

Also as an FYI - MCM told me today that they may be getting a few more Chines PF70 Moon Panda 1 ounce proofs in a few weeks - -as there is quite a lot of interest here in these! !

Lindeman

Guy Fawkes Mask Anonymous V for Vendetta 1oz Black Proof Silver Coin $5 Cook Islands 2016 (mintage 999)

Pre order ed a week and a bit ago and will be a while coming (I'm such a kid and I can't stand what Halloween has become. When I was a boy, it meant "Carry on Screaming" not dressing up weirdly and demanding sweets a la America.

Now Guy Fawkes Night - that's the real deal - bonfires, fireworks, hot green pea soup and Guy Fawkes on the bonfire with sparklers in hand and cold enough to see your own breath but being allowed to stay up late :) This purchase is for all of that.

http://www.powercoin.it/en/cit-coin-invest-trust/2257-guy-fawkes-mask-anonymous-v-for-vendetta-1-oz-black-proof-silver-coin-5-cook-islands-2016.html

Edited by Oldun

Could not resist....memories of actually using sixpences as a kid. 5000 mintage in this format. There are other formats  and the mintage is unlimited on the coins themselves.

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/The_Silver_Sixpence_2016

got three on pre order as dont have to pay uk vat on their silver coins and getting three makes the postage plus vat issue mostly irrelevant. Max per household of three btw.

I must be getting sentimental in my old age. First time a sixpence has been made since 1947 apart from the 2015 free ones that were given away as part of a aRM cooking competition last year.

http://www.royalmint.com/shop/u/uk16ch6p

In Britain, there is a well-known tradition of the bride wearing "Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, and a silver sixpence in her shoe". A silver sixpence in the bride's shoe is a traditional good luck wedding gesture, and customarily it is the father of the bride who places the sixpence as a token of him wishing her prosperity, love and happiness in her marriage.

They are also used as a good luck charm by Royal Air Force aircrew who have them sewn behind their wings or brevets, a custom dating back to The Second World War.

"I've Got Sixpence" a traditional song, runs:

I've got sixpence. Jolly, jolly sixpence.
I've got sixpence to last me all my life.
I've got twopence to spend and twopence to lend
And twopence to send home to my wife.

Some guitarists prefer the rigidity of a coin to the flexibility of a more traditional plastic plectrum. Most notably Ian Bairnson of The Alan Parsons Project, and Brian May of Queen.[28] May at some time even had sixpence-sized coins featuring his own head struck by the Royal Mint, which he used, gave away, and sold as his signature plectrum.
Edited by Oldun

1 hour ago, mondy41 said:

5 oz King Tut ancient finish | Silver | 2016

Interesting coin - Minted by Scottsdale - 30k mintage -  chunky coin - First in a series - Not a bad premium for such an issue - I bought a couple from silver to go on a pre order

IMG_0997.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0999.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

Nice @mondy41! I also bought a few of these - will get them next week in the US. What I really like is that they are from Scottsdale Mint, which never makes a bad product (in my opinion). 

Actually surprised there has not been much discussion on these - I think they will turn out to be an interesting series, the Egyptian Relic Series. 

Also picked up a Scottsdale 5oz Chunky as well - they look cool. 

Lindeman 

42 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Just won a local uncontested auction for a 1999 1oz silver Libertad....all done delivered etc for 32 gbp. It is not a perfect coin but a 1999 silver lib is a 1999 silver lib at that price.

Here is a screenshot

image.png

image.png

image.png

Nice ! Second lowest silver bullion mintage for the Libertad (only 1998 lower)?