• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

You're there and you're coming back here? Are you crazy?

Have to earn some money to buy more PM - flying from US Virgin Islands to Miami today then home very soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I will bring it back with me in September ))3e053f3dc3183d8cbb018ae9d9329db0.jpg

Nice, what about customs though? just a gamble or? Its bad enough bringing cash back but gold? :o

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

Nice, what about customs though? just a gamble or? Its bad enough bringing cash back but gold? [emoji33]

Bullion has no duty or vat

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

Bullion has no duty or vat

That's what i thought, so there is no difference in getting it shipping from the US direct then, just this GSP scamming everyone by charging customs upfront that isn't required.

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

On 8/22/2016 at 20:21, sg86 said:

That's what i thought, so there is no difference in getting it shipping from the US direct then, just this GSP scamming everyone by charging customs upfront that isn't required.

No, if you buy from Apmex you will be charged 5% vat as they put the wrong customs code on.  Then you will get 2.5% courier charge on top.  You need to go onto the Gov site, this is a start be warned it is your responsibility and the courier wants the 2.5% The Gold must be listed as investment Gold by the UK Government.

links to start with 

https://www.gov.uk/trade-tariff/commodities/7118900000#overview

https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/how-declare-goods-when-importing-post

It has worked for me and other times not, I have spent hours on the phone to the customs who explained it is not there job to tell the importer what to do and what code to use. Good luck.

5 hours ago, SilverPirate said:

Hardcore collector mile high stacking club respect.

I thought the plane flew upside down if you used your phone while in the air.;)

You'll no doubt get free satellite broadband access in 1st class;)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

1 minute ago, StackerMike said:

I don't know the ins and outs of it,
All I know is I've bought it and should have it tomorrow,

Happy days.

The Gold Sovereign

Right..I was out and about so had limited capabilities on my phone.  Now I'm back, I'm sorry to say that the coin has a very high chance of being fake.  Alarm bells rang when you mentioned it was a second chance offer of £270 when the original sale was £320.  Based on minimum bid increments of £10 (could be £20, I don't know) it means there's a £50 difference between your max bid and the winner.  That suggests there was at least another bidder in between and maybe even 2.

Looking at his feedback, he sold a 1/4 Proof Krug on 3rd July and feedback was left.

spoondeal krug.jpgspoondeal feedback.jpg

Notice he's from Hove in Essex.  There is another seller with a coin and he just happens to be from Hove in Essex.  On the 22nd June he sold the exact same 1/4 Proof Krug and again, feedback was left.

quality Krug.jpgquality feedback.jpg

Since feedback was left it suggests that the sale actually went through.  Might not have done but most probably did.

This other seller also has an interesting coin up for sale.  A 1989 1/4 NY Expo Medal.

quality Expo Panda.jpg

Unfortunately, research suggests that all three coins have been counterfeited and in circulation since 2013

Link to details on the 2005 PF69 and PF70 fake Krugs etc.

I just don't get why the second chance offer would be £50 cheaper than the auction sale price [emoji15]

Second chance offer goes to the next bidder as far as I was aware, which couldn't be £50 behind the winning bid.

Unless he has more than one with the same grading reference, in which case I'd be pretty concerned.

Stacker since 2013

I just don't get why the second chance offer would be £50 cheaper than the auction sale price [emoji15]

Second chance offer goes to the next bidder as far as I was aware, which couldn't be £50 behind the winning bid.

Unless he has more than one with the same grading reference, in which case I'd be pretty concerned.

I willJust have to wait-and-seen
If it's not right I'll have to do it,
Thank you for alerting me,