• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2021 Proof Britannia Tomorrow at 9am

Fathallazf

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

seeing the term "Premium Exclusive editions"

"The first time a separate design has been released for the Premium Exclusive editions in the collection"

New separate series starting? 

15 minutes ago, Paul said:

seeing the term "Premium Exclusive editions"

"The first time a separate design has been released for the Premium Exclusive editions in the collection"

New separate series starting? 

would not surprise me! maybe one more traditional and one more contemporary. 

1 minute ago, watchesandwhisky said:

surprised that have not included a free gold 'Diversity/Crystal Maze' 50p with this launch today, to clear them out, despite it winning "the most popular design" of last year, not selling out and only having a mintage of 200 

Just now, Paul said:

surprised that have not included a free gold 'Diversity/Crystal Maze' 50p with this launch today, to clear them out, despite it winning "the most popular design" of last year, not selling out and only having a mintage of 200 

LOL yeah I saw that, They must not upset the PC brigade.. Im sure its the marketing department terrified that they come across as to "white" 

3 hours ago, Roy said:

I don't like it.

Can't Britannia be left alone? That is not Britannia.

It's Brienne of Tarth and the bearded cougar.

Sorry, couldn't help it, but the human figure looks so large next to the lion.

2 hours ago, watchesandwhisky said:

Reading the article its the first of a 3 year series so maybe.

1 hour ago, ak74 said:

So is that what RM meant by "the first Britannia coin to feature colour printing"?

Screenshot (69).png

It doesn't make sense. Are they referring to a paper note here 🧐. I dont think “colour printing” can be used for coins. I think they were using auto-correct when typing the above article, hence the “colour printing” 

This more explains the diversity approach.

BFFBC7E8-3E60-4412-8592-998FACD211FC.jpeg

https://www.royalmint.com/britannia/2021-britannia-coins/the-britannia-2021-uk-premium-exclusive-two-ounce-gold-proof-coin/

The 2oz gold 'premium exclusive' still available, hasnt been an instant sell out 

As has been said, a marmite like design

Either love it or hate it

I cant really afford it at the moment, and don't want to go into debt for it. Will let this one pass

Just hope i don't live to regret it in years to come :(  

Certainly a good trend in popularity building for these recent 2oz gold proof RM issues.  

On 18/03/2021 at 11:11, goldmember44 said:

Yes indeed angular, she looks a bit like a man. But.. again, maybe this was the idea??! 

Maybe this is to soften us up for the next series of:

LGBTQ Britannias

Could be a bit of a drag though.🙂

Chards

Archived