• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ebay - New Managed Payments System and Rules

Becca

Has anyone found that since this new payment structure has been introduced that they havn’t had the £1 listing offer? 

I’m not signed up yet to the new method and I havn’t had the £1 listings offer for a month or so and I always got it before.

7 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

Has anyone found that since this new payment structure has been introduced that they havn’t had the £1 listing offer? 

I’m not signed up yet to the new method and I havn’t had the £1 listings offer for a month or so and I always got it before.

I've had it twice since they let bullion be sold and this weekend is one of them, it comes on every two weeks 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

38 minutes ago, sovtsf said:

I haven't signed up. They send me reminders every so often which are more like warnings.

I was getting the £1 fees every 2 weeks but that has stopped recently. My last "reminder" said I could miss out on promotions, so I assume that's why.

I'll probably make the switch Tuesday, since Gordy recently informed me that you can now sell bullion. 

I have had  £1 offers for the last 4 weekends . I switched to the new payment system . First payment was fine, but the second payment went the usual way via PayPal. Can't make head or tail of any of it. As long as i get paid one way or the other i'm not bothered. 

1 hour ago, pricha said:

I have had  £1 offers for the last 4 weekends . I switched to the new payment system . First payment was fine, but the second payment went the usual way via PayPal. Can't make head or tail of any of it. As long as i get paid one way or the other i'm not bothered. 

Did you switch before the last 4 weekends? 

1 hour ago, sovtsf said:

Did you switch before the last 4 weekends? 

No, it was half way . I'm not a huge seller , i just assumed everyone got the offer regularly. I don't understand why they keep sending it to me . 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Can anyone tell me what's the longest they have been without being offered £1 seller fees? Seems like it's been forever for me and I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the new payment scheme...

i get it every two weeks

I've got until the end of May to switch. The thing is, I've given up selling on eBay, I do still buy from it though. Question is, can I simply remain a buyer if I ignore switching? I'm not bothered about selling again.

Edited by SidS
Punctuation errors

23 minutes ago, SidS said:

I've got until the end of May to switch. The thing is, I've given up selling on eBay, I do still buy from it though. Question is, can I simply remain a buyer if I ignore switching? I'm not bothered about selling again.

if you're not bothered about selling i'd just go with it and switch as you're going to be forced to anyway at some point, you can still buy using paypal

53 minutes ago, SidS said:

I had until end of May. Switched couple weeks ago. Still ain’t had the promotion in ages. I’ve just decided to stop using eBay altogether until the promotion returns. 

14 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

Can anyone tell me what's the longest they have been without being offered £1 seller fees? Seems like it's been forever for me and I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the new payment scheme...

I used to get the £1 final value fee offer every fortnight up until the 5th March this year, which was my last one. I'm still on PayPal payments and haven't had an invite to move to eBay managed payments yet. I loathe having to pay 10% selling fees plus the PayPal fees so I'm listing a lot less nowadays.

It's my theory that those still on PayPal payments have had the £1 final fee offer stopped, perhaps to encourage the move to managed payments.

Is there anyone out there who is still getting the £1 final value fee and if so, which payment scheme are you using?

32 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

I used to get the £1 final value fee offer every fortnight up until the 5th March this year, which was my last one. I'm still on PayPal payments and haven't had an invite to move to eBay managed payments yet. I loathe having to pay 10% selling fees plus the PayPal fees so I'm listing a lot less nowadays.

It's my theory that those still on PayPal payments have had the £1 final fee offer stopped, perhaps to encourage the move to managed payments.

Is there anyone out there who is still getting the £1 final value fee and if so, which payment scheme are you using?

fortnightly for me and i'm on managed payments now

2 hours ago, Booky586 said:

19th Feb was the last email for the £1 listings I got. Still on PayPal. 

Your theory could be right. I haven't had an invite to move over to eBay managed payments though

Received this message today from eBay and it answers most questions I guess.
It used to be a jungle making any claims as eBay and PayPal worked independently and if you entered a claim on one the other didn't want to know.
Now all down to eBay but will you have the same buyer / seller protection ?

914693203_Screenshot2021-04-29at14_59_42.png.4d1729bf4889ff024aa5682b7a8c470d.png

Edited by Pete

I have not handed over my bank details because, unless I'm mistake, it's basically a direct debit;

meaning, yes - great, you get paid within 2 days, but on the downside, if a dispute starts with some scammer (and there's plenty), eBay always side with the buyer, so the money can be pulled even faster to some crooked buyer and you get your item (or something substituted) and you're stuffed.

I found the way to stop  a lapse in the £1 weekend offers, is to put up just one item 'as normal' - once they see selling activity, the offers start again.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 hour ago, Coverte said:

I have not handed over my bank details because, unless I'm mistake, it's basically a direct debit;

meaning, yes - great, you get paid within 2 days, but on the downside, if a dispute starts with some scammer (and there's plenty), eBay always side with the buyer, so the money can be pulled even faster to some crooked buyer and you get your item (or something substituted) and you're stuffed.

I found the way to stop  a lapse in the £1 weekend offers, is to put up just one item 'as normal' - once they see selling activity, the offers start again.

Yes I dont like the thought of handing over the control of my bank account to ebay to subtract fees and refunds whenever they like .

Paypal are also going to start charging a £12 yearly fee if the Paypal account is not used 

1 minute ago, Midasfrog said:

Yes I dont like the thought of handing over the control of my bank account to ebay to subtract fees and refunds whenever they like .

Paypal are also going to start charging a £12 yearly fee if the Paypal account is not used 

If some scammer robbed me of my precious treasure i'd drive to the ends of the earth for revenge!!!!!!!!!! 

1 hour ago, Coverte said:

The last part is good to hear, selling with a 13% fee is generally a poor idea. You are right about the direct access to a bank account part.

Never got a £1 selling fee offer this week but a 80% off final fee offer . It's good but not as good as £1.  On another note, eBay messaged me to say they were taking a fee of £1  from my account that was owed   .  I checked my account and nothing has been taking.  Rather odd. 

1 hour ago, pricha said:

Never got a £1 selling fee offer this week but a 80% off final fee offer . It's good but not as good as £1.  On another note, eBay messaged me to say they were taking a fee of £1  from my account that was owed   .  I checked my account and nothing has been taking.  Rather odd. 

same here.. 80% off final fee

the fee is about 12.8% isnt it? so 80% off that it works out similar tbh if youre selling stuff 30-40 quid.. expensive stuff will obviously be more.. so choose wisely lol

21 hours ago, Pete said:

Received this message today from eBay and it answers most questions I guess.
It used to be a jungle making any claims as eBay and PayPal worked independently and if you entered a claim on one the other didn't want to know.
Now all down to eBay but will you have the same buyer / seller protection ?

914693203_Screenshot2021-04-29at14_59_42.png.4d1729bf4889ff024aa5682b7a8c470d.png

Like you @Pete , I received the "invite" to move over to managed payments on Wednesday. It was straight forward enough, just a matter of entering in my bank details.

And then this morning, just as @pricha did, I received my first final value fee offer since March 5th. 80% off deal, which is good enough for me start listing items again. My other eBay account is still on Paypal payments and I never received a final value fee offer on that account. Form your own opinions but I guess if you're still with PayPal then you won't see any final fee offers until you make the move to eBay managed payments.