• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

White greyhound of richmond

Duggy

Nicely-drawn, but at the end of the day it's not a majestic lion, dragon, griffon, or unicorn, it's ... a greyhound. Not really an image that is going to appeal to a lot of people.

It would have been nice if they could have finished the series on a high note with a must-have coin but once they decided the greyhound was going to be the last in the series that was never going to be likely.

59 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

As soon as its released the value of the set will drop...as owners floid the market with full sets...its wierd but if you want to buy sets its normally good to never buy one coin and buy the complete set after a few months of sales dropping the price down.

I really hope thats the case, I'd really love to pick up some of the older silver proofs and 1/4 gold bullion coins. 

I might be wrong but the design almost reminds me of a hell hound... not that bad of a coin to be honest I enjoy it more than some they've released. 

13 hours ago, Keyira said:

7356_3.png.8b2dace239708b9bbbd847d87cb6af66.png

Here it is. ;)

I like this design- my favourite of all the releases.  But I am biased, I love Dogs, and particularly Greyhounds & Whippets and sighthounds in general and to top it off for me, the Yorkshire connection.

I gave up and flipped all of the Beasts I owned, but I shall be buying this release without a doubt.  It'll look fabulous in the 10oz Silver weight.

4 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I like this design- my favourite of all the releases.  But I am biased, I love Dogs, and particularly Greyhounds & Whippets and sighthounds in general and to top it off for me, the Yorkshire connection.

I thought it was Richmond in Surrey🙃

I used to have 2 greyhounds which we adopted from the local rescue centre (Mac and Maisie). The only time I saw Mac’s front legs positioned like the hound on the coin was when he was lying on his back sleeping with his legs sticking up. Admittedly that was for about 23 hours a day. I’m guessing that the Richmond hound has just woke up for dinner time!

46 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

I used to have 2 greyhounds which we adopted from the local rescue centre (Mac and Maisie). The only time I saw Mac’s front legs positioned like the hound on the coin was when he was lying on his back sleeping with his legs sticking up. Admittedly that was for about 23 hours a day. I’m guessing that the Richmond hound has just woke up for dinner time!

Agreed on the leg positioning, here’s my Whippet, Fox- kind of laid on his back having just woken.  
After a good run of a morning, he generally sleeps around 20 hours out of 24! 😂 

A895B3AE-6024-453F-93E3-0D2443E59DBD.thumb.jpeg.c521f491e18a3d91c9ff6d963752f1fd.jpeg

A more dignified and familiar pose, awaiting the chase of a Rabbit/Hare 

62ADDE4D-0723-4006-8807-7882F6EBD96B.thumb.jpeg.896dd1c61d642391a14da9519fd10357.jpeg

18 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

After a good run of a morning, he generally sleeps around 20 hours out of 24! 😂

Wouldn’t we all?  And he’s got the best seat in the house by the look of things. Lovely fella - er, him not you. 

Yes, he (and I guess all Greyhounds & Whippets!) always make sure they get the best seat if you’re sat in it, by casually going to the back door gesturing they want to spend a penny, and when you reach the door, they quickly double back and sprint to the warm seat you were occupying! 😂  More Cat than Dog! 
Fox is a bit out of sorts right now as unfortunately our elderly and very grumpy Border Terrier passed away last week 😞 

33B005AA-8F25-4EE8-806A-69EA3118D9DB.thumb.jpeg.d6c907fea2dfa2d7f792a051154d1ffb.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Witcher said:

that's one place I would not go to in order to evaluate the value of something.  They are notorious for being extremely high. 

I agree but it's one of the only sites that have it in stock to get a price on so I didn't have much choice.  That said their prices for QB generally aren't more than a dollar or two above the other sites, in the past at least.

Archived