• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

White greyhound of richmond

Duggy

coininvest.png

www.coininvest.com - coininvest GmbH

+44-20-369-50335 / +49-69-348-77570 / sales@coininvest.com

coininvest.com specializes in buying and selling gold and silver bars and coins to private individuals as well as institutional investors, financial advisors and resellers. coininvest.com helps their customers to invest in inflation-safe assets, with its offer ranging from 1g to 1000g gold bars topped off with all popular gold and silver coins. coininvest.com offers excellent prices as we purchase directly from mints and producers and act as their official distributor. coininvest.com is your expert for buying, selling, transporting, storing, insuring, sorting and reprocessing precious metals.

LPM have a presale for the 2oz BU but the premium seems ridiculous to be honest when compared to synthetic spot. I wonder if its because of the scarcity of physical relative to paper. 

Im waiting for a few more places to release it for a better comparison

An in hand look at the silver courtesy of the Royal Mint. 

2056488069_WhiteGreyhound2ozSilver(1).thumb.jpg.d559e33e985ebfbefd4a9367e4f788fe.jpg

229654955_WhiteGreyhound2ozSilver(4).thumb.jpg.8e810ee58e0d17f2a2086fdcd8940e96.jpg

940773907_WhiteGreyhound2ozSilver(3).thumb.jpg.966e01f63d62c6f3cbe02b9c5763639a.jpg

900024785_WhiteGreyhound2ozSilver(2).thumb.jpg.28625d789b3828aca4ae04222a5c6fa4.jpg

Added 0 minutes later...

And here is a video review of the gold and silver:

https://youtu.be/DDI_a5P9YTo

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 04/09/2020 at 00:36, GoodAsGold said:

I used to have 2 greyhounds which we adopted from the local rescue centre (Mac and Maisie). The only time I saw Mac’s front legs positioned like the hound on the coin was when he was lying on his back sleeping with his legs sticking up. Admittedly that was for about 23 hours a day. I’m guessing that the Richmond hound has just woke up for dinner time!

I do like this coin too and I don’t have any others in the QB series but I’m thinking of buying this one.

Why so they do that? My Saluki greyhound Finley sleeps on the couch on this back with his legs in the air too. It must be comfortable for them.

8 hours ago, Witcher said:

Unfortunately, they pre-saled just before silver spot came down so I paid more than I cared to pay at $62-63 USD each. 
Let's just say that I wasn't too happy seeing a week or two later that I could have gotten them for $10 USD less each. 
not sure what the exchange rate is, but I think it would be equivalent to £45 now if the ratio is $1 USD to £1.25

Who doesnt get robbed one way or another in the last of set, seems the markets did it before the mint got a shot at it.

I've bought it for 55 € from a german seller I've found on gold.de, where you can compare prices. I hope the quality will be ok, since it's the first time I've ordered from this seller. 

5 hours ago, Witcher said:

Speaking of getting robbed... this is a little off topic, since there are a few Germania threads, but the gouging of the 2 oz high relief and 1 oz x 2 Fafnir still leaves a bitter taste. 
It's one of those universal ones too...  I am pretty sure even China knows what F U means.  It's certainly not French Union. 

My hound is supposedly on it's way.  Now the question becomes...  do I crack the mint sealed tube to do some quality control or not? 
I am leaning to just buying more at a lower price (brings the cost average down slightly) and later selling off the tube in sealed condition. 

I feel ya...i got bite by a few presales...but i figure ive saved on a few too, $10 too much on this is still in my favor from the other 9 i bought at just over $40, its swings and the longer we play thit game the more we even out.

10 hours ago, Witcher said:

Did anyone get the supposedly untouched from the Mint tube?  Mine came today, but I was wondering... 
I saw no seal like tape to prove that it was never touched.... see photo.  
At least it looks like the coins I ordered are in there. 

QB Greyhound tube.jpg

QB Greyhound tube open.jpg

I get those as well, and it looks to come from the same place based on the label (BOLD precious metals).  The tubes in the monster box do not come taped, but some dealers apply tape when full tubes are purchased individually to prevent the coins from popping the cap off in transit.  

There’s no way to ensure they weren’t touched, however since yours were likely purchased during presale because you’ve got them already, they’re almost certainly untouched. BOLD does not send coins for grading, so there would be no reason to empty the tubes prior to shipping to a customer. In my opinion, buying from a dealer that does not sell graded coins during presale is the best way to ensure that your coins are handled the least.  

On 02/10/2020 at 17:32, Witcher said:

That's just the thing.  We don't know if we are getting a fast ball, curve/slider, or change-up. 
Sometimes you wait and a variety of things happen like spot going up, true inventory going out, dealers playing in and out games, delays, and so forth. 
It still pains me to see 2 oz at $55-65 when it was not long ago to see it at $40-50... and even under $40... and I kick myself because I didn't buy some particular coins then. 
The bright side... almost a pun there... is that in the end it ought to be worth it because trading fiat for any PM that isn't fake should be a fair trade. 
This is also a form of relief that a series is over and for those who collected it, don't have to worry about it anymore... until the next one, right? 

Right, ive started on another collection already,not saying what itis for fear of bidding against others..lol..but the colecting becomes the addiction as much as the metal.

Archived