• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New Perth Mint Release (22 June) Australian Brumby - 25,000 Mintage

Was lucky to pick up quite a few but only regret is I didnt buy more. This certainly was a no brainer and will probably be sold out soon or the dealers will keep hiking their prices as their inventories run low.

There is no reason why this coin shouldnt appreciate as much as the swan. I myself didnt like the swan but i do like this image.

• Founder & Administrator
On 20/06/2020 at 16:52, orion said:

Loved the old stock horse and always wondered why Perth just  stopped releasing all the sudden

Though minted by Perth Mint, I believe they were commissioned by EMK in Germany. I thought it was going to be a 10 year series with 1 new design each year, so not sure what happened there. Maybe I am mistaken and the had run the full course of the designs, or maybe they were indeed planning a 10 year series but stopped it because of lower demand.

This new Australian Brumby may have been commissioned by another dealer? I think it looks very nice and very similar to the stock horse designs. Or maybe this Australian Brumby horse is a continuation of the stock horse series?

25k mintage for this Brumby. Stock Horse's had 10k (9k in raw capsule form and 1k in carded versions) though a higher mintage on these I think maybe a slightly lower release price vs the stock horse.

Looks like EMK will be stocking it soon. https://www.emk.com/de-de/australian-brumby-1-oz-ibau002060

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 13.23.01.png
Photo taken from EMK

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

On 25/06/2020 at 14:25, PB1 said:

Was lucky to pick up quite a few but only regret is I didnt buy more. This certainly was a no brainer and will probably be sold out soon or the dealers will keep hiking their prices as their inventories run low.

There is no reason why this coin shouldnt appreciate as much as the swan. I myself didnt like the swan but i do like this image.

Agreed. Massive potential with this one given it's the same mintage as the Swan and first in a series.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, orion said:

So it appears the pricing has skyrocketed on this release. Can anyone suggest where to purchase for under $26 US each? Looking for a roll. 

That boat has sailed. I don't think they were available for under 26usd for too long a period even on day 1

Im gutted i missed these before the prices shot up, still would like some but think picking these up for a sensible price is out the question now 😒 if anyone wants to be so kind to sell me a few of theres at cost drop me a PM 🤣lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/08/2020 at 18:49, paul1212 said:

Just got one from Silvertrader. Shame I missed the boat when it was cheaper but I think still a good price in the long term.

At least he still has stock at a reasonable enough price, good flag by @Happypanda88 thanks, mine came very quickly today.

• 2 months later...
On 21/06/2020 at 11:56, TheBeast said:

I’ve orderd from lpm and made my payment with Paypal. And don’t forget to calculate extra 20-25% vat

I've ordered from El Dorado coins Germany, I've used them before, there prices are very good and shipping to the U.K. isn't to expensive. Ordered other 1 oz. silver coins at almost half the price of the Australian Brumby, yet it is a very uniquely beautiful coin. 

• 9 months later...
On 25/06/2020 at 14:22, ChrisSilver said:

Though minted by Perth Mint, I believe they were commissioned by EMK in Germany. I thought it was going to be a 10 year series with 1 new design each year, so not sure what happened there. Maybe I am mistaken and the had run the full course of the designs, or maybe they were indeed planning a 10 year series but stopped it because of lower demand.

This new Australian Brumby may have been commissioned by another dealer? I think it looks very nice and very similar to the stock horse designs. Or maybe this Australian Brumby horse is a continuation of the stock horse series?

25k mintage for this Brumby. Stock Horse's had 10k (9k in raw capsule form and 1k in carded versions) though a higher mintage on these I think maybe a slightly lower release price vs the stock horse.

Looks like EMK will be stocking it soon. https://www.emk.com/de-de/australian-brumby-1-oz-ibau002060

Screenshot 2020-06-25 at 13.23.01.png
Photo taken from EMK

You are right, while the Brumby is distributed by LPM, the Stock Horses was a EMK Exclusive. I think, they stopped producing them, cause there was not that big demand by collectors. They had a pretty high premium. Is interesting to see, if LPM does a better job and Brumby with a higher mintage than the Stock Horse will be a bigger success and the series will last longer, than just five issues. I really like both series.