• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I want to show.....

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

Got ☑️ Got ☑️ Got ☑️Got ☑️Got ☑️Got☑️ Got ☑️ :) 

They pushed the boat out with some lovely designs the past few years jubilee, memorials and coronation 

It will be many years until we are spoilt with some many timeless great designs in a short space of time 

Heres some added drool fodder from my safe deposit box visit last year 

five3.thumb.jpg.10f8dd3790cca475170c1b9e7f812c8f.jpg

Wow!

On 03/02/2024 at 14:44, Paul said:

Got ☑️ Got ☑️ Got ☑️Got ☑️Got ☑️Got☑️ Got ☑️ :) 

They pushed the boat out with some lovely designs the past few years jubilee, memorials and coronation 

It will be many years until we are spoilt with some many timeless great designs in a short space of time 

Heres some added drool fodder from my safe deposit box visit last year 

five3.thumb.jpg.10f8dd3790cca475170c1b9e7f812c8f.jpg

Great collection. I am liking all of those PF70 Platinum Jubilees! 👍

On 08/12/2023 at 13:42, Britannia47 said:

Deserves it on the gold £5 alone!  Although I suspect this design may have been his tribute to Napoleon, judging by the similarity of the ermine cape with Napoleons coat of arms.  Merlen worked at the Paris Mint engraving medals for Napoleons coronation, but left for England after Napoleons defeat at Waterloo in 1815….

IMG_0243.png

Great info thanks for sharing 

2 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

Not had too much new shiny lately, so I thought I'd catch up photographing some of my earlier purchases.  Plus, a lot of these are heading towards the NGC, so I wanted to photograph them before they are entombed.

2011 1/4oz proof gold Britannia

Definitely needs a bit of a spit and polish.  One of my favourite designs, and nothing seriously wrong with it.

image.thumb.png.6c2f1506b71f163ee939d979c6c35351.png

Great looking coin🤔😮😮

What peopkes thoughts in the recent great engravers collection. I have been offered the 2oz snd 5oz, taking the 2oz not sure if tge 5oz will hold its value. There were only 450 created, but that doesnt mean too much. 

No 2oz gold offered, and the 1kg gold… welk thats on a whole new level! ;) 

https://www.royalmint.com/great-engravers/geo

IMG_6605.png

IMG_6606.png

IMG_6607.png

IMG_6608.png

IMG_6609.png

IMG_6610.png

1 minute ago, Silverman2U said:

What peopkes thoughts in the recent great engravers collection. I have been offered the 2oz snd 5oz, taking the 2oz not sure if tge 5oz will hold its value. There were only 450 created, but that doesnt mean too much. 

IMG_6605.png

IMG_6606.png

IMG_6607.png

IMG_6608.png

IMG_6609.png

IMG_6610.png

I’m last person to chat about proof coins etc, as only started last year getting bits and pieces - I think the lettering on the edge is cool on the 2oz & 5oz Silver..

I secured 2oz, I think the 5oz is bit rich for me tbf - I’m looking at the 2oz as a gamble.. oh and the gold is for the likes of @James32 😂😂

8 minutes ago, AOB said:

I’m last person to chat about proof coins etc, as only started last year getting bits and pieces - I think the lettering on the edge is cool on the 2oz & 5oz Silver..

I secured 2oz, I think the 5oz is bit rich for me tbf - I’m looking at the 2oz as a gamble.. oh and the gold is for the likes of @James32 😂😂

Yup! ;) … I suspect @James32 already has a couple ;) 

Edited by Silverman2U

32 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

IMG_6605.png

IMG_6606.png

IMG_6607.png

IMG_6608.png

IMG_6609.png

IMG_6610.png

If you like it.. buy it. If you don’t like it … don’t buy it. IMHO I really like it. But don’t listen to me or anyone else 🤣

there is a whole thread about it though b

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

1 minute ago, SovereignBull said:

Treasure Trove! Some more PMs needed! Can’t wait for a bit of sunshine to see it shining!

Lots of room left for future shiny!

IMG_4166.jpeg

Nice haul, but my OCD is red-lining seeing it all in a tin! And that ASE not in a cap or at least a flip🤣

Looks like a nice 2002 Brit at the bottom as well!!!

16 minutes ago, AOB said:

In principle I like to go for the larger one.  They are lower mintages, but ultimately (long term) that means value.  But they are harder to shift, and a bigger risk up front.  The GE's have been very hit-or-miss, so risk is a strong consideration.  Bet the 5oz is lovely in hand though.

12 Beginner Tips for Better Coin Photos

Everything you need to take great coin photos

Douglas Hubbard: Never attribute to malice or stupidity that which can be explained by moderately rational individuals following incentives in a complex system of interactions.

Carl Sagan: One of the great commandments of science is, "Mistrust arguments from authority."