• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I want to show.....

Hi this is interesting. Anyone here that can give me some idea what is going on here.

Used on silver slide. Sticks to it?

expect to be gold plated US eagle. But this isn’t right. Also used sigma pro. No good. Is it fake. All the other painted eagles come up fine on sigma pro mini. 🤔 

@James32 @Chards any ideas guys? 

IMG_5118.jpeg

IMG_5117.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

IMG_5114.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

Just now, Silverman2U said:

Hi this is interesting. Anyone here that can give me some idea what is going on here.

Used on silver slide. Sticks to it?

expect to be gold plated US eagle. But this isn’t right. Also used sigma pro. No good. Is it fake. All the other painted eagles come up fine on sigma pro mini. 🤔 

@James32 @Chards any ideas guys? 

IMG_5118.jpeg

IMG_5117.jpeg

IMG_5115.jpeg

IMG_5114.jpeg

IMG_5116.jpeg

That gold coin is actually magnetically stuck to the slide. Seems rather odd as the set looks so legit with good provenance from seller. 🤔 

2 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

That gold coin is actually magnetically stuck to the slide. Seems rather odd as the set looks so legit with good provenance from seller. 🤔 

I know sometimes a geniune silver coin can be coated in nickel or have Iron in the mix ( very possible the gold plate is mixed with nickel or iron ) and have a magnetic reaction, there was a video about it recently. 

Tbh for a stress free life and to save hassle on future resale, I'd just treat as fake and seek a refund. Imagine trying to explain the situation to next buyer? 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 hours ago, James32 said:

I know sometimes a geniune silver coin can be coated in nickel or have Iron in the mix ( very possible the gold plate is mixed with nickel or iron ) and have a magnetic reaction, there was a video about it recently. 

Tbh for a stress free life and to save hassle on future resale, I'd just treat as fake and seek a refund. Imagine trying to explain the situation to next buyer? 😆 

Thanks for the feedback. I bought the set of 5 for the price of 4 US eagles (that tested good on sigma pro mini) so let’s do a bit more testing. Be nice to find that link to the gold plate mixed with iron if anyone finds it. Thanks all the same for feedback. 

5 hours ago, James32 said:

If it was just the sigma being thrown then it could be a trace of Fe but to be stuck like that to the magnet I would expect more than just a tiny amount. Having said that I remember a video from (possibly) silver dragons? where he had a silver coin reacting with a magnet although I don't remember how dramatic reaction was.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

On 30/12/2023 at 22:07, Petra said:

🤔🤔

To get the proper nice coin pictures you set up a light behind coin in a box. I saw this on a YouTube video. Impressive but complex setup with lighting in multiple directions from different light sources. 

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Silverman2U said:

Any cheaper anywhere else? For that 2023 gold sovereign, with KCIII and his crown? 

£398 at Atkinsons for only one. £395 for two.

https://atkinsonsbullion.com/gold/gold-coins/gold-sovereign-coins/2023-uk-coronation-full-sovereign-gold-coin.

Similar prices at Chards if add postage.

https://www.chards.co.uk/2023-coronation-of-king-charles-iii-gold-sovereign-coin/16007

Edited by stefffana

Which Costco is that?

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

12 hours ago, Silverman2U said:

Any cheaper anywhere else? For that 2023 gold sovereign, with KCIII and his crown? 

I'm also looking for a couple more KC2023 sovs. Atkinsons best price so far inc delivery. Most of the usual dealers have slowly added an extra premium on them. Bleyer, Gerards, Bairds, etc

Never tried Costco before for bullion purchases.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, SovereignBull said:

My observance to the rules! Don’t waste ur notis in the all I want for Christmas thread 🤣

My lil collection coming along nicely. Hopefully a 1989 will be added before the end of Feb 🤞🏼

IMG_4027.jpeg

Have you got two lots of these … seen them somewhere…..🤔😮😁😂👍