• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2016 Irish Proclamation Coin 50 euro Proof

werewolf

4 hours ago, Goldmansacks said:

Where did it say that on the website the amount left for sale as I didn't notice that?

It was a matter of seeing how many you could add to your cart

For example at the moment you can add 6154 of the 20 euro Battle of Clontarf coin

but not 6155 or above so 6154 left

The bulk of the 50 euro coins were sold in the last week , around 377 if I remember correctly 

Received today, 10 days after ordering. No complaints at all - was odd to get the email to cofnirm order, telling me they would email to notify of dispatch but then heard nothing else.

Of note, the packaging was a mess - looked like my 8 year-old had done the sellotaping on the box, and the tape went OVER the delivery/address seal. Was so odd I actually videotaped the opening as I was half expecting to find the coin missing when I got into it, but nope - all correct!

3 minutes ago, Pohaku said:

Received today, 10 days after ordering. No complaints at all - was odd to get the email to cofnirm order, telling me they would email to notify of dispatch but then heard nothing else.

Of note, the packaging was a mess - looked like my 8 year-old had done the sellotaping on the box, and the tape went OVER the delivery/address seal. Was so odd I actually videotaped the opening as I was half expecting to find the coin missing when I got into it, but nope - all correct!

Sounds like whoever made up your package was having a bad day,I think everybody else on here  got them in perfect condition,did someone open it on route to have a look like customs?

3 minutes ago, Goldmansacks said:

Sounds like whoever made up your package was having a bad day,I think everybody else on here  got them in perfect condition,did someone open it on route to have a look like customs?

They may have done - the actual product, box inside, etc was all pristine - it was just the outer cardboard boxing that was a mess!

Edited by Pohaku

9 hours ago, TheApe said:

Well guys,

I have learned a valuable lesson. Dont tell the SilverForum about deals....if I intend on buying more.

Lesson learned.🤐

On the contrary, the point of this place is to share knowledge and deals! I'm sure you'll also find good deals in the future as a result of your fellow forum members. 

15 minutes ago, Melon said:

On the contrary, the point of this place is to share knowledge and deals! I'm sure you'll also find good deals in the future as a result of your fellow forum members. 

I would agree, but not in this case.

Someone scooped up 150 of these. I dont want to be sharing info with these kind of people.

34 minutes ago, TheApe said:

I would agree, but not in this case.

Someone scooped up 150 of these. I dont want to be sharing info with these kind of people.

You're assuming the last 150 were bought by someone on the forum. There are lots of alternative explanations. Could the seller, seeing an increase in sales, have pulled them realising the price was below spot?

3 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Anyone tried taking them out of the capsule?  2 of mine come out easily but the other 2 are wedged in tight.  No amount of tapping the capsules has made them budge.

Best way to open any capsule in my opinion is with a flat Stanley blade.

Gently working it all the way around till she pops like a Pop-Tart 

7 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

Anyone tried taking them out of the capsule?  2 of mine come out easily but the other 2 are wedged in tight.  No amount of tapping the capsules has made them budge.

I had the same issue, removed half the capsule and the coin is wedged into the other half. Perhaps we're the lucky ones with extra size coins!

6 minutes ago, silverdocket said:

Best way to open any capsule in my opinion is with a flat Stanley blade.

Gently working it all the way around till she pops like a Pop-Tart 

Capsule opens fine but coin is stuck in one half of the capsule.

Added 0 minutes later...
3 minutes ago, Booky586 said:

I had the same issue, removed half the capsule and the coin is wedged into the other half. Perhaps we're the lucky ones with extra size coins!

Haha!  More likely the unlucky ones with extra small capsules 🤣

11 hours ago, Melon said:

There was a limit of 1 per person on the 100 Euro coin and none on the 50 Euro coin,a bit unusual?,considering the excellent box,certificate and packaging it was a good bit below spot.

2 hours ago, Goldmansacks said:

There was a limit of 1 per person on the 100 Euro coin and none on the 50 Euro coin,a bit unusual?,considering the excellent box,certificate and packaging it was a good bit below spot.

Yea but those limits date back to 2016 when they were all way over spot. The €100 was the collectible one with much lower mintage, so I imagine that trades at a premium. 

5 minutes ago, Melon said:

Yea but those limits date back to 2016 when they were all way over spot. The €100 was the collectible one with much lower mintage, so I imagine that trades at a premium. 

There's 2 of the 100 Euro ones on ebay,both over 2000 Euro.

Edited by Goldmansacks

Approximately EUR 608.06   Was the price quoted on ebay for one of these    

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available 

Would this normally indicate a sale where coins are concerned?🧐

2 minutes ago, Goldmansacks said:

Approximately EUR 608.06   Was the price quoted on ebay for one of these    

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available 

Would this normally indicate a sale where coins are concerned?🧐

The 100 Euro one at EUR 1,945.78 has the same message.