• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2016 Irish Proclamation Coin 50 euro Proof

werewolf

Hi guys!

There are a lot of messages about the 50 euro Irish 2016 Proclamation coin. I bought 2 of these on 1 Jun 2020 and other than the automatic reply to confirm my order, I did not receive any news about my order. Is one week delay normal? I saw that some of the members already received their coins. What was your experience?

https://www.collectorcoins.ie/en/proclamation-of-the-irish-republic-50-gold-proof-coin-2016.html

Thanks!

Edited by werewolf

"If in doubt give the seller a shout" . It's a quote because I said it 😁 Seriously though a lot of places are suffering delays and some places just don't do comms, they're a reputable player though so it's all good. Now stop trying to get me to buy these, you lot are terrible 🤣

Yes seems a normal timeline. If in doubt email them and they'll send you a tracking number. They seem unaware that their dispatch emails aren't going out. Given the direction of spot price, I'm tempted to cancel my second order though, hmm! 

However spot bounces around these will still be a good deal when you look at your stack sheet. Tumultuous activity for a few months on the currency value of the shiny stuff just means more buying opportunity!

9 minutes ago, Melon said:

Yes seems a normal timeline. If in doubt email them and they'll send you a tracking number. They seem unaware that their dispatch emails aren't going out. Given the direction of spot price, I'm tempted to cancel my second order though, hmm! 

I already did that and no reply. I sent an email asking for tracking number when available at currencyservices@centralbank.ie , but no response.

18 minutes ago, werewolf said:

I already did that and no reply. I sent an email asking for tracking number when available at currencyservices@centralbank.ie , but no response.

When did you send the email? 

12 minutes ago, TheApe said:

How many of these did you buy by now, @Melon🤣

Was going to have another 8, but might cancel now given direction of gold price. As they are sold as collectables not bullion, that's an option to cancel. 

Edit: not that it's a bad deal, just don't necessarily want 16 of them! 🤣

Edited by Melon

True enough, 

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

Was going to have another 8, but might cancel now given direction of gold price. As they are sold as collectables not bullion, that's an option to cancel. 

Edit: not that it's a bad deal, just don't necessarily want 16 of them! 

True enough , let me know if they accept cancellation. Interesting to know as could be option if gold moves up again and I decide to get more.

23 minutes ago, Melon said:

You could put them in a tube!

27 minutes ago, TheApe said:

True enough, 

True enough , let me know if they accept cancellation. Interesting to know as could be option if gold moves up again and I decide to get more.

It's in their T&Cs that they do so hopefully no issues. Although posting back to Ireland insured will cost a small fortune, so better to cancel before dispatch! 

7 minutes ago, Prophecy said:

You could put them in a tube!

🤣🤣 

Ah tempting, if gold kept going up I'd order another 4 just for that lol 

1 hour ago, Melon said:

You should have bought 1916 lol 😂

I think these are perfect for the long-term stack.

Short term not so good

11 hours ago, Melon said:

When did you send the email? 

Exactly after after I bought and paid for them. 1st of June. I just got an automatic confirmation "thank you for your e-mail" and that's it.

1 hour ago, werewolf said:

Exactly after after I bought and paid for them. 1st of June. I just got an automatic confirmation "thank you for your e-mail" and that's it.

Maybe try again. They wouldn’t have had that information right after you purchased them. 

31 minutes ago, Melon said:

Maybe try again. They wouldn’t have had that information right after you purchased them. 

I did try again, using the online form. I asked for an update on my order number. 

And when I sent the email I just reminded them to send me a tracking number after dispatch. No human response to this though...

Anyway, I'm not too concerned about this, I have a true fraud situation with another website going on...more about this on another thread...😞. Worth your popcorn.

On 07/06/2020 at 18:09, werewolf said:

Hi guys!

There are a lot of messages about the 50 euro Irish 2016 Proclamation coin. I bought 2 of these on 1 Jun 2020 and other than the automatic reply to confirm my order, I did not receive any news about my order. Is one week delay normal? I saw that some of the members already received their coins. What was your experience?

https://www.collectorcoins.ie/en/proclamation-of-the-irish-republic-50-gold-proof-coin-2016.html

Thanks!

I received mine after about a week. I got a confirmation email but no dispatch confirmation, it just turned up.

I wouldn’t worry unless it’s a lot longer than a week.

Just now, Foster88 said:

@Melon I too have in and placed another order then of course the spot price fell. 🙄

Luckily I just ordered one again. I should have just ordered two the first time and paid one delivery cost. Ah well.

To be honest even at just over spot I think they're a great deal so 2 will be a good shout! 😀