• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2016 Irish Proclamation Coin 50 euro Proof

werewolf

1 minute ago, Melon said:

To be honest even at just over spot I think they're a great deal so 2 will be a good shout! 😀

That’s true.

Did you cancel your second order? I wonder, did you get free delivery ordering 8?

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

That’s true.

Did you cancel your second order? I wonder, did you get free delivery ordering 8?

Yea I did in the end. No issues, hadn't been dispatched so was a full refund. Ordering 8 cost €16.80 on postage. 

I assume these coins will have to sell out before purchasers will see a lift in value?

The 100 Euro coin in this release sold out on the day as there were only 1000 issued,they cost 730 Euro to buy and I saw one for sale online yesterday for 1850 Euro.

Bit disconcerting that the 50Euro (I think 5500 issued) is still available 4 years later?

8 minutes ago, Goldmansacks said:

I assume these coins will have to sell out before purchasers will see a lift in value?

The 100 Euro coin in this release sold out on the day as there were only 1000 issued,they cost 730 Euro to buy and I saw one for sale online yesterday for 1850 Euro.

Bit disconcerting that the 50Euro (I think 5500 issued) is still available 4 years later?

It’s the cheapest available 1/4 oz gold coin at the moment. 

I’m not convinced anyone has bought the coin for its numismatic value. The fact that it’s a proof and comes in a presentation box is just a bonus.

1 minute ago, Shep said:

It’s the cheapest available 1/4 oz gold coin at the moment. 

I’m not convinced anyone has bought the coin for its numismatic value. The fact that it’s a proof and comes in a presentation box is just a bonus.

It's actually below spot at the current price which is unusual??

3 minutes ago, Goldmansacks said:

It's actually below spot at the current price which is unusual??

There or there abouts.

Everything about it’s a bit of an anomaly really - limited mintage coin from 4 years ago, typos regarding it’s weight on the website and communicating with them is like getting blood out of a stone 🤷‍♂️.

Still, as a few of us have attested to, it is the genuine article.

Just now, Shep said:

There or there abouts.

Everything about it’s a bit of an anomaly really - limited mintage coin from 4 years ago, typos regarding it’s weight on the website and communicating with them is like getting blood out of a stone 🤷‍♂️.

Still, as a few of us have attested to, it is the genuine article.

A bit surprising it's not sold out?

On 07/06/2020 at 18:09, werewolf said:

I bought 2 of these on 1 Jun 2020 and other than the automatic reply to confirm my order, I did not receive any news about my order. Is one week delay normal?

I also bought 2, but on 31st May. Nothing received yet, but once they arrive I'll let you know, so you get a feel for the postage timescales.

I also placed an order on 2nd June, and haven't received anything other than the confirmation email.

I've just emailed them on the email they gave, let's see what happens..😅😅

It seems the tracking number they gave me is not working. No results found. I've sent an email about this, let's see when and if they answer...

Later edit: now it works. Probably took 1-2 days to get it in the system...

Edited by werewolf

1 minute ago, werewolf said:

It seems the tracking number they gave me is not working. No results found. I've sent an email about this, let's see when and if they answer...

Mine didn't either, turned out they had a typo and corrected it in the response. 

Honestly don't worry about this one guys, they will turn up recorded delivery just fine. My 8 turned up safe and sound. 

On 09/06/2020 at 11:12, Booky586 said:

I also bought 2, but on 31st May. Nothing received yet, but once they arrive I'll let you know, so you get a feel for the postage timescales.

Delivery received today, Thursday 11th June, 9 working days after the order.

On 10/06/2020 at 23:39, Milkyo said:

Although I must say it's great to see the English lads buying coins celebrating the old IRA 😏

Only fair since we collect the Queens head 👍

I did think this. I’m half Irish but I wondered what the Central Bank of Ireland think about posting a lot of these coins to UK but gold is gold. 🤷🏻‍♂️

See what you’ve caused with your good suggestion @TheApe 😂

I’ve bought two now.

On 11/06/2020 at 11:20, Goldmansacks said:

Looks like a smallish coin on their website?

It is still a 1/4 Troy oz 24ct gold. Looks can be deceiving.

I was impressed when mine arrived. The box alone is impressive.

Edited by Foster88

14 hours ago, Pohaku said:

I got the order confirmation email, and that's it. No coin received yet, I only ordered five days ago.

I ordered my second order on 1st June and it arrived yesterday (11th June). Don’t worry, it will arrive.

The Irish take their time.

Did you know the pubs in Ireland shut between 1-2pm everyday for Holy Hour and you can have a pint whilst you’re waiting. ☘️ 😂