• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2016 Irish Proclamation Coin 50 euro Proof

werewolf

On 07/06/2020 at 18:09, werewolf said:

Hi guys!

There are a lot of messages about the 50 euro Irish 2016 Proclamation coin. I bought 2 of these on 1 Jun 2020 and other than the automatic reply to confirm my order, I did not receive any news about my order. Is one week delay normal? I saw that some of the members already received their coins. What was your experience?

https://www.collectorcoins.ie/en/proclamation-of-the-irish-republic-50-gold-proof-coin-2016.html

Thanks!

Absolutely beautiful coin and its significance

Anyone had any joy coaxing one of the stuck ones out of the capsule yet?

Without destroying the capsules I’m at a loss of ideas at the moment 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Shep said:

I haven’t tried but thought I probably wont bother until it comes time to sell.

I guess you could try a hairdryer to gently heat the capsule?  I’m thinking the capsule might expand faster than the coin?  Try at your own risk though!

15 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I haven’t tried but thought I probably wont bother until it comes time to sell.

I guess you could try a hairdryer to gently heat the capsule?  I’m thinking the capsule might expand faster than the coin?  Try at your own risk though!

Maybe the opposite

Put it in the fridge for a few minutes

Both of my coins are stuck tight and the capsules are scratched too. I'll look into getting replacement capsules.

23 minutes ago, Goldhooked said:

I guess you could try a hairdryer to gently heat the capsule?

7 minutes ago, stackspot said:

Put it in the fridge for a few minutes

Excellent ideas, if one doesn't work I'm sure the other will.

6 hours ago, Shep said:

Some of mine drop right out, others are stuck tight. Not tried to coax them out. 

For me , one of them was stuck, the other was loose. As I am a novice, I did not think too much and simply opened the capsule with the stuck one and it came loose. I didn't touch the coin. Then I put back the lid of the capsule and that was it...much damage done ? 

1 hour ago, werewolf said:

For me , one of them was stuck, the other was loose. As I am a novice, I did not think too much and simply opened the capsule with the stuck one and it came loose. I didn't touch the coin. Then I put back the lid of the capsule and that was it...much damage done ? 

No, I shouldn't think so. Oils from your fingerprints can tarnish proofs so it's best not to handle them, even with gloves, unless absolutely necessary.

3 hours ago, werewolf said:

Oh no. Nightmare. That’s going to half the value mate. Better sell it to me quickly! 😀 

Nah joking aside sounds like no harm done at all. 

On 15/06/2020 at 21:52, TheApe said:

I would agree, but not in this case.

Someone scooped up 150 of these. I dont want to be sharing info with these kind of people.

All clear now, it was Wonger trying to get together the 88 tons he needed to deliver on his shorts

It’s something which has not happened in history. A stunning 2.8 million oz of gold was marked for delivery in last month's contract equating 88 tonnes worth $4-5 billion. Somebody is really taking a big call that the US dollar will be devalued significantly.  

• 1 year later...