• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

true price of gold?

blindguy

The one thing the West should be worried about (if we/they care about 'leading' the world) is a China WITHOUT the CCP. A fully democratic China - imagine a China sized Taiwan - would be twice as powerful and more ACCEPTED than CCP China is now. For China to take its place in the world they actually want to be in... they have to get rid of the CCP. 

Edited by Prophecy

3 hours ago, Prophecy said:

Thankfully, with the CCP in control of China, the world won't accept the Yuan as main reserve currency. The country is too dishonest and closed to scrutiny to form any sense of reassurance from any country worth its salt. We were happy to trade with it but no one will stand for anything more.

Gold has no memory, as long as its pure it meets its purity and weightthen it doesnt matter what name is on it.

14 hours ago, GoldenPhil said:

Who has the most gold? US, UK, Swiss, China, Russia, India? 

If I had to bet, it's likely China then Russia.

I don't believe the US owns the gold they claim. If they did then why do they fear a third party audit so much?

This site is useful for seeing a lot of various info:

https://www.usdebtclock.org/gold-precious-metals.html

Note: Link doesn’t seem to work but you can search for it instead 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, GoldenPhil said:

I suspect people are buying gold jewelry as if governments decide to seize gold then they will only target unhallmarked items like coins and bars NOT jewelry 

Asian public, China, India, Thailand and the like have historically (and still do) save in gold jewelry. Partly due to past paper currency collapses and partly as wedding traditions etc.

In Thailand the husband traditionally buys the bride (or her parents) gold jewelry. 23k investment grade too. If the parents get it, it usually passes back down to the bride anyway, eventually (this can depend on the family however). Luckily my wife’s family are relatively well off and she kept her gold 😀 

9 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

Gold has no memory, as long as its pure it meets its purity and weightthen it doesnt matter what name is on it.

Well, gold has amnesia AND is wheelchair bound AND is treated like a Soviet orphan. But, boy, do we all like poking it with sticks through the bars like a circus freak show.

On 17/05/2020 at 01:27, Prophecy said:

The one thing the West should be worried about (if we/they care about 'leading' the world) is a China WITHOUT the CCP. A fully democratic China - imagine a China sized Taiwan - would be twice as powerful and more ACCEPTED than CCP China is now. For China to take its place in the world they actually want to be in... they have to get rid of the CCP. 

I'd still prefer that outcome. Without CCP it's not a stretch to envision China would fracture, like CCCP did (aka. "balkanisation"). Recall China is now stitched up and held together by the totalitarian (and expansionist) communist regime. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 9.13.41 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

3 hours ago, jultorsk said:

I'd still prefer that outcome. Without CCP it's not a stretch to envision China would fracture, like CCCP did (aka. "balkanisation"). Recall China is now stitched up and held together by the totalitarian (and expansionist) communist regime. 

very familiar with Balkanisation. It all depends on the will of the people and the system. CCP is in the veins of every walk of life in China so it would be a mess whatever happens.

6 hours ago, jultorsk said:

I’d feel at home in Manchuria I think 😉 

• 1 year later...
On 12/05/2020 at 15:24, MancunianStacker said:

Over the last 50 years the price of Gold in £’s has increased 9,400%, that’s 188% per annum (basic). In $’s it has increased 4,800%, that’s 96% per annum (basic).

So, if we extrapolate this forward 10 years, at £1,400 in 2020, we are looking at 1,880% and we come out at £26,320 per oz in 2030.

At $1,700 in 2020, we are looking at 960%, so that’s £16,320 per oz in 2030.

just so that you know, exponential regression doesn't work like that. it's not linear regression.

ie 4,800% is not 96% per annum(4,800 divide by 50). it's logarithmic regression of 4,800% over

50 years which is ~8% average per annum(use a calculator).

8% compounded over 10 years is 2.16 times original so projected gold price would be £3,036 in

HH